Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    They should just add other races as Undead customisation options.
    That's valid & would be a cool concept for a class, but unlike Death Knights & Demon Hunters, Dark Rangers don't have anything unique that isn't already represented in game. We've seen them have Spider pets, hell there's even Dark Rangers in the Hunter Order Hall. The Legion story line is so explicit about "rangers are just a kind of Hunter" its hard to ignore.

I honestly think dark ranger was planned but it got scrapped early because they had no clue what the expansion was going to look like

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Nah Huln was a tauren blessed by Cenarius. The dragon tauren is Ebonhorny.
    yeah, this was what i meant with „Huln Tauren“. i just couldn’t remember the name (Ebonhorn), but i knew he was in that Huln story. my statment was more of „that Tauren and Black Dragon that was part of that Huln story“.

nonetheless: thx for refreshing my memory.

Yeah Dark Ranger could have hypothetically worked a as a new class but I think that ship has sailed. A tinker or dragon class are more likely now than ever.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    That is Ebonhorn.
    yep, that was the name. thx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    I honestly think dark ranger was planned but it got scrapped early because they had no clue what the expansion was going to look like
    Sadly may be the case. At least for SL they were barely designing zones after the announcement, so no surprise. We even had Sanlayn teased.

A part of me wonders if the covenant abilities could’ve worked for a new class.

Anyone ever figure out where the skulls on the Jailer's shoulders come from? I choose to believe they're as-yet-unseen dragons.
    Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I still have no idea why y'all so dead set that they will announce the next expansion in the next ~ 4 weeks. It can happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it's definitely the case.
    It's simple, people always need something to wait for. Reveal bring attention to WoW, some people already forgot about SL, they may check game from curiosity and see new content/changes from 9.1,9.1.5,9.2 - so it's better to do it before Q1 end. And expansion doesn't have to be Alpha ready to be revealed like let's say BfA, both Legion and SL were announced in early stage. Also speculation machine is already running and Blizz must see it. There are just no reasons to wait for it after they harvest all potential hype from 9.2.

All of these "leaks" with walls of text and long paragraphs are foolishly bad and not real. If a leak were to be real it would be a sentence or two of the expansion OR a leaked image/logo OR a trademark leak like it always has been. That's why the "Ashes of Galakrond" and "Dragon Isles" and other leaks with many replies are crap and I hope no one actually believes them.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    All of these "leaks" with walls of text and long paragraphs are foolishly bad and not real. If a leak were to be real it would be a sentence or two of the expansion OR a leaked image/logo OR a trademark leak like it always has been. That's why the "Ashes of Galakrond" and "Dragon Isles" and other leaks with many replies are crap and I hope no one actually believes them.
    For me, the most promising leak was the "Empire of Dragons" logo. The name seems weird, but almost all in it looks original, yet very in teh style of Blizzard.
    Probably a fake, but a very very well done one.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    The name seems weird, but almost all in it looks original, yet very in teh style of Blizzard.
    Probably a fake, but a very very well done one.
    IMO the name is really off. Names are usually tied to 1 of 3 things : the antagonist, the zone or a world/big event. One would argue that the dragons could be the enemies but I doubt it. I'd have the same reasoning about the "Ashes of Galakaros" leak. Although this title would fit what I just said (i.e. it's the zone, just as we had "Mists of Pandaria"), Galakaros sounds... weird once again. Even if Galakaros turns out to be the actual draconic word for the Dragon Isles, I'd bet Blizz would rather call the expansion "The Dragon Isles" than "Something of Galakaros". I'm sorry I can't give more explanation about why I feel those names sound odd to me. It's just an opinion anyway, nothing important to really discuss

PS : I was solely talking about the names and not the content proposed in the leaks.
    Last edited by Imotbh; 2022-02-17 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    They could still add dark rangers and have sylvanas be their classleader like illidan is for DH
    This, they could still so easily start Sylvanas training up new Dark Rangers and their skills, That one BG in Darkshore had banshees as healers so possibly she could help the Rangers possessing their corpses take on a healing role who says a class NEEDS to have more than 2 specs, DH works fine with 2 specs.

I'm not discounting DR's just yet, not matter what other's opinions may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    we've gotten fairly long leaks before, but they are never particularly detailed, they especially don't go into very tiny details on every last plot point and explaining the justification for why those things are happening or how characters feel about it.

When it comes to names of expansion I'm not one to discount any of them just because it doesn't fit a previous pattern. I remember all too well previous expansion arguments, as I've said before, things like how "Cataclysm doesn't fit because its a single word and doesn't mention the enemy" or "Mists of Pandaria doesn't fit because it mentions a location and not an event/enemy" and so on and so forth.

We see patterns in things even when they don't exist. So long as the name isn't obviously a joke or has some glaring issue (i.e. grammar or spelling), I wouldn't dismiss it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    When it comes to names of expansion I'm not one to discount any of them just because it doesn't fit a previous pattern. I remember all too well previous expansion arguments, as I've said before, things like how "Cataclysm doesn't fit because its a single word and doesn't mention the enemy" or "Mists of Pandaria doesn't fit because it mentions a location and not an event/enemy" and so on and so forth.

We see patterns in things even when they don't exist. So long as the name isn't obviously a joke or has some glaring issue (i.e. grammar or spelling), I wouldn't dismiss it entirely.
    I would argue it's fairly different to claim a pattern with 2-3 expansions and a pattern with 8 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

I agree with you. Expansions' name doesn't follow any pattern.

Burning Crusade wasn't the antagonist, but what they did. Then Wrath of the Lich King was both the antagonist and what they did. Then Cataclysm was an event, then Mists of Pandaria is just why Pandaria wasn't discovered (and the end of the expansion didn't even happened in Pandaria). Warlords of Draenor is the lamest as the Warlords aren't even important in WoD lore. Legion is ... well, simple and goes right to the point. Battle for Azeroth showed us it could fit anything with both the 4th war and Alliance and Horde fighting together to protect Azeroth. And Shadowlands is lame like Legion as a name. No mystery like in Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Warlords of Draenor is the lamest as the Warlords aren't even important in WoD lore
    ...they were the driving figures in almost every zone's storyline, present in every raid, and the main antagonist of two of three tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    This, they could still so easily start Sylvanas training up new Dark Rangers and their skills, That one BG in Darkshore had banshees as healers so possibly she could help the Rangers possessing their corpses take on a healing role who says a class NEEDS to have more than 2 specs, DH works fine with 2 specs.

I'm not discounting DR's just yet, not matter what other's opinions may be.
    Classes definitely don't *need* 3 specs, but it feels like taking the easy way out and being intentionally short on ideas. DHs could've easily had a Fel/Soul-based spell DPS added as well, and they even had Allari wielding scythes and doing that sort of magic. People might argue that's "not what DHs are about", but DKs had no connection to vampiric blood tanking before either, and they're allowed to add creative twists to things.

I mostly say 3 for DRs (and the ones that I offered because it feels like a unique take. YOu get the classical ranger with a dark twist, something to utilize all the new Mawsworn magic and reflect the powers Sylvanas gained, and the closest thing WoW has to Bards in a song-based healing spec that also relies on Banshees, who are integral to DR lore. Just feels like a more full exploration of the concept instead of "uh here's the DPS spec you were expecting and a kinda neat second spec", yknow? Ultimately represent all parts of Sylvanas' journey and character in a class.

I'm not saying they wouldn't take the easy route out, because they probably would, but I think it feels better to have more.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-02-17 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Classes definitely don't *need* 3 specs, but it feels like taking the easy way out and being intentionally short on ideas. DHs could've easily had a Fel/Soul-based spell DPS added as well, and they even had Allari wielding scythes and doing that sort of magic. People might argue that's "not what DHs are about", but DKs had no connection to vampiric blood tanking before either, and they're allowed to add creative twists to things.

I mostly say 3 for DRs (and the ones that I offered because it feels like a unique take. YOu get the classical ranger with a dark twist, something to utilize all the new Dark magic and reflect the powers Sylvanas gained, and the closest thing WoW has to Bards in a song-based healing spec that also relies on Banshees, who are integral to DR lore. Just feels like a more full exploration of the concept instead of "uh here's the DPS spec you were expecting and a kinda neat second spec", yknow?

I'm not saying they wouldn't take the easy route out, because they probably would, but I think it feels better to have more.
    While I agree I just don't want people to think it's ok to use the excuse their time has come and gone because truly it hasn't, If we could get more great but lets face it look at Blizz's creativity as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    ...they were the driving figures in almost every zone's storyline, present in every raid, and the main antagonist of two of three tiers.
    Actually 3: Gul'dan becomes the leader of the Iron Horde and then proceeds to summon the Legion.