Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    ETC are musician NPCs, not bards. They don't have a set of abilities themed around buffing other players or NPCs. There are NPCs in WoW that have instruments, but not really any that use music any that use music for much combat. At most you have Winslow Swan in Boralus that you can find for one world quest that comes close to the D&D interpretation of Bard, and the Forsaken band in Darkmoon Faire that has some visual effects.
    Sylvanas & Tyrande are both half/half combinations of Hunter & Priest, or considering her W3 abilities, Druid. And that's even before Danuser's whole "Heroes can do more than player classes because Anduin gets plate armor for some reason" and Swan also appears in the Maldraxxus Maw Assault as a companion: Those companions feature interesting mechanics including a tank alchemist who transforms into a sludge monster & Swan's sonic attacks.

I agree that Dragonflight, Dark Ranger, Tinker & Bard are probably their entire shortlist for new classes, but now that Shadowlands is over, I think the game needs an anti-parse supportive DPS class than it needs "Another DPS who uses a Bow"

And "not really any that use music for combat" is the same criticism you can leverage at D&D Bards. That doesn't stop them from being really popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, today is supposed to be the day according to I don't know what ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Sylvanas & Tyrande are both half/half combinations of Hunter & Priest, or considering her W3 abilities, Druid. And that's even before Danuser's whole "Heroes can do more than player classes because Anduin gets plate armor for some reason" and Swan also appears in the Maldraxxus Maw Assault as a companion: Those companions feature interesting mechanics including a tank alchemist who transforms into a sludge monster & Swan's sonic attacks.

I agree that Dragonflight, Dark Ranger, Tinker & Bard are probably their entire shortlist for new classes, but now that Shadowlands is over, I think the game needs an anti-parse supportive DPS class than it needs "Another DPS who uses a Bow"

And "not really any that use music for combat" is the same criticism you can leverage at D&D Bards. That doesn't stop them from being really popular.
    I'd argue that Alchemists could exists as part of a class grouped up with Necromancers or Tinkers
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Today is the day. Except when it isn't. Then its tomorrow. Or Monday, in the case of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The Dragon model is reused from Wrathion, the armor is reused from Ardenweald, and the background appears to be a recolored Val'Sharah, so it's all newer assets.
    Sure, the assets are newish, but the image quality is junk. And not just because it is low-res. It looks like it was done with an very old version of the WoW client on low settings.
    Last edited by huth; 2022-02-18 at 06:55 PM. Reason: i spel gud

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    WoW doesn't have support classes. Bard is out. It just does not work within the framework of WoW. Not without completely demolishing the fantasy of a Bard and at that point why would you not just do something else? People are still big mad about FFXIV BRD ruining the potential of an actual bard and an actual ranger. There's no point in making a lesser version of something just to shoehorn in the name of a class.
    It would be hard to add just 1 class with support, but if they were to add a 4th spec to some classes as support then I could see it potentially being added.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of the Bolvar doesnt exist this time so that is objectively false
    Explosion of Dragons > Wrath of Bolvar
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

WoW doesn't have support classes. Bard is out. It just does not work within the framework of WoW. Not without completely demolishing the fantasy of a Bard and at that point why would you not just do something else? People are still big mad about FFXIV BRD ruining the potential of an actual bard and an actual ranger. There's no point in making a lesser version of something just to shoehorn in the name of a class.
    FFXIV is quite irrevocably a clone of WoW & their Bard & Dancer jobs are very popular. Ranger fans are only mad at Bard in FFXIV in the same way that Dark Ranger fans insist those aren't just undead Hunters. Which Blizzard has historically rolled their eyes at, even poking fun at it in the Hunter Order Hall questline.

Dancer is supportive but still obstinately a DPS job. I feel like WoW needs something like that, badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I lit a candle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I'd argue that Alchemists could exists as part of a class grouped up with Necromancers or Tinkers
    Alchemists could work grouped with Necromancer OR Tinker, not really with both. The fantasy of Necromancer and Tinker are just too different to really fit under the same umbrella.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Alchemists could work grouped with Necromancer OR Tinker, not really with both. The fantasy of Necromancer and Tinker are just too different to really fit under the same umbrella.
    Thats what I meant, either a mad scientist spec for Tinker OR like a plague doctor alchemist for Necro. Didn't mean group all 3 of them together

It would be hard to add just 1 class with support, but if they were to add a 4th spec to some classes as support then I could see it potentially being added.
    A true support class would only really work if you had several to choose from, and each one was individually distinct enough that picking one over another would be substantial.if WoW had support classes then I would imagine that dungeons would either need to replace a DPS with a support, or add a sixth slot to fit it in. You couldn't really have support classes fit into either the healer or DPS niche as it stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what I meant, either a mad scientist spec for Tinker OR like a plague doctor alchemist for Necro. Didn't mean group all 3 of them together
    Yeah, sorry. Misread the or as and.
    Downside of reading on the phone while doing something else I suppose.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

A true support class would only really work if you had several to choose from, and each one was individually distinct enough that picking one over another would be substantial.if WoW had support classes then I would imagine that dungeons would either need to replace a DPS with a support, or add a sixth slot to fit it in. You couldn't really have support classes fit into either the healer or DPS niche as it stands.
    Okay but I didn't say Support class: I said Supportive DPS, which has basically vanished but was a thing in this game once upon a time. And Dancer was done extremely well in FFXIV: A DPS that's extremely valuable to their group even if they never top the damage meters.

I feel like the logs & parse obsession is really hurting wow & a new class designed to thwart that would improve the game immensely: That & Instrumental busking. WoW badly needs that too.

The ultimate troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Dragonmire was made by someone openly experimenting to design a fake version of the Shadowlands leak.

Wait, I'm an idiot. The same person made it.
    Lol this was like watching an obviously sus gunpowder trail sizzle its way along the track I laid to bust it and Boom! There goes the keg.

Just felt like losing sleep and giving a certain Dragon Prince a makeover.
    A little droplet of 'leak' to wet the appetite on this lovely Friday.

That picture reminds me of this from the old vanilla box art. Idk I guess if you were trying to recreate a specific vibe then it would make sense in that context.

-IMG SNIP-
    And yea that was exactly my inspiration.

Demon Hunter included.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2022-02-18 at 05:39 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    A normal user that saw the Ashes of Galakros leak and is trolling I guess. There won’t be an announcement today.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    A normal user that saw the Ashes of Galakros leak and is trolling I guess. There won’t be an announcement today.
    The what now? I'm somewhat out of the loop.

1+ Year Old Account
    There’s a 0.00001% chance for 10.0 news today.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Lol this was like watching an obviously sus gunpowder trail sizzle its way along the track I laid to bust it and Boom! There goes the keg.

Just felt like losing sleep and giving a certain Dragon Prince a makeover.
    A little droplet of 'leak' to wet the appetite on this lovely Friday.

And yea that was exactly my inspiration.

Demon Hunter included.
    This is some really nice work pal, congratz!
    you are a blessing for this community

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    The what now? I'm somewhat out of the loop.
    One of 123124235 leaks, you didn't miss anything.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I dont get why people are thinking they will drop 10.0 news out of nowhere today. For a 10.0 reveal, they would 100% do an announcement of an announcement in the lines of "Turn in to the reveal of the next expansion of World of Warcraft on XX.03.2022 6pm CST whatever on our Youtube Channel"