Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Better?
    That is so beautifully 90s that it's the only 90s thing that can be truly called beautiful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard has been implementing HotS concepts in WoW for years. Additionally, the previous class, Demon Hunter used several HotS concepts.
    And Dragonborn are still now implemented. So until they do it, you saying that X character is Y class is just false.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the very first time that we see the wowdev3 right? What can it be then, a new game tied to Wow obvisouly, but a new alpha? Wow mobile game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Michael Bay new WoW Game Director be like
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    This is the very first time that we see the wowdev3 right? What can it be then, a new game tied to Wow obvisouly, but a new alpha? Wow mobile game?
    Probably not the mobile game if it's a client meant for Battle.Net and also hosted as a variant of WoW. It would probably have its own subset if it were the mobile game.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Like Paladin is just a Warrior with Light spells? Or a Priest with Plate armor?
    Or like Warlocks are Mages with Pets?
    Bad comparison.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Based on name I would assume its something related to PC WoW, not a new Warcraft game as the name clearly states its wow. Also not a mobile game since I don't see how that should be tied to the launcher i guess.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Teriz stop making up terms and just use Dragonsworn; having two different ones that are basically the same in execution sounds terrible.
    Nah, Dragonsworn doesn't make sense if we're talking about a literal dragon. Dragonsworn DOES make sense if you're talking about a mortal swearing fealty to a dragon.

Thus, Dragonborne makes more sense for a class where you're a dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And Dragonborn are still now implemented. So until they do it, you saying that X character is Y class is just false.
    Wrathion, Alexstraza, Chromie, Kalacgos, etc. are in the game currently. So yes, they are implemented, they just aren't playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    Pretty sure the next class wont be melee focused.
    A dragonborne spec based on Chromie HotS (the Bronze Dragonflight) would be RDPS.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-02-18 at 07:27 PM.

Pretty sure the next class wont be melee focused.

Blizzard has been implementing HotS concepts in WoW for years. Additionally, the previous class, Demon Hunter used several HotS concepts.
    Right, but they don't just transfer them 1-1 in most cases. When you make arguments against say, Black Arrow, for instance, an ability that already had a previous iteration in WoW, you say it "won't work" because of it's HotS implementation, which is purely designed with a MOBA framework. If it was a core ability in a Dark Ranger class kit, it would function completely differently.

Nah, Dragonsworn doesn't make sense if we're talking about a literal dragon. Dragonsworn DOES make sense if you're talking about a mortal swearing fealty to a dragon.

Thus, Dragonborne makes more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

No one is talking about a literal dragon. If we're talking dragons, we're talking a dragon-based class. Mortal, or dragon, or whatever, dragons are the core of their inspiration. And "Dragonborne", unlike "Dragonsworn" which is a concept from the RPGs (which they've begun to reference again), is a completely made up term in the concept of WoW. The "Dragonborne" you reference are literally just dragons. Am I a humanborne?

Besides that, limiting a dragon class to 3 flights is stupid. Explore them all or don't do it at all.

Starting to remember why I left this place.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-02-18 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, but they don't just transfer them 1-1 in most cases. When you make arguments against say, Black Arrow, for instance, an ability that already had a previous iteration in WoW, you say it "won't work" because of it's HotS implementation, which is purely designed with a MOBA framework. If it was a core ability in a Dark Ranger class kit, it would function completely differently.
    Black Arrow HotS is a passive that stuns targets. In other words, if implemented into WoW, a Dark Ranger's basic and special attacks would have a chance to passively stun enemies.

That's problematic and OP.

The other iteration is it's WC3 version, which Hunters had in Legion. That ability did not significantly alter the Hunter's playstyle and in fact played like a Hunter with a temporary pet.

Black Arrow HotS is a passive that stuns targets. In other words, if implemented into WoW, a Dark Ranger's basic and special attacks would have a chance to passively stun enemies.

That's problematic and OP.
    My dude, I played HotS for actual years. I already acknowledged the HotS framework wouldn't work in WoW. It also only stuns buildings and minions, which also don't really exist in WoW. Of course it's problematic. That version of it was literally not designed for this kind of game. So you redesign it or use the original WoW implementation (or better yet, the WC3 one).

I'm beginning to think you just like to argue; anyone can see I wasn't arguing for the literal HotS version of Black Arrow. Just the flavor.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dude, I played HotS for actual years. I already acknowledged the HotS framework wouldn't work in WoW. It also only stuns buildings and minions, which also don't really exist in WoW. Of course it's problematic. That version of it was literally not designed for this kind of game. So you redesign it or use the original WoW implementation (or better yet, the WC3 one).

I'm beginning to think you just like to argue; anyone can see I wasn't arguing for the literal HotS version of Black Arrow. Just the flavor.
    The HotS framework DOES work in WoW. Crash Lightning, Sundering, The Hunt, Wailing Arrow, Shadow Dagger, Withering Fire, Gazlowe's Tinker abilities, and other HotS abilities transfer into WoW just fine.

Abilities like Black Arrow? Not so much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion, Alexstraza, Chromie, Kalacgos, etc. are in the game currently. So yes, they are implemented, they just aren't playable.
    Again, not for you to decide. You do not establish class lore here. Your head canon is not valid.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-02-18 at 07:48 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It's less about arguing and more about a fundamental inability to accept anything that doesn't reinforce and/or contradicts his very hyperspecfic desires for class implementation in the game.

Dk, Monk and DH are all melee classes.

It's safe to assume that the next will have a heavy ranged focus.
    Dragonborn/Dragonsworn sounds melee to me, but i could ofc be wrong..but i imagine a heavy armored melee class.

The HotS framework DOES work in WoW. Crash Lightning, Sundering, The Hunt, Wailing Arrow, Shadow Dagger, Withering Fire, Gazlowe's Tinker abilities, and other HotS abilities transfer into WoW just fine.

Abilities like Black Arrow? Not so much.
    My dude, I want Tinkers as much as you do (maybe), but let’s not pretend Gazlowe’s getting in 1-1 either. Don’t put the cart before the horse.

Black Arrow’s HotS implementation only works for a MOBA, but the OG Black Arrow works just fine. Get over the idea that it can’t work. That’s not what I was arguing when I mentioned it.

If anything, they’d just keep the dot component and give it a chance to stun non-elites. No one thinks it would be able to constantly stun like it does in HotS, that’s stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    What even is "the flavor" if not it just being a dot that stuns?
    If anything, it’s the shadow dot arrow element that’s important; they could even use the WC3 implementation that gave the dot a chance to summon a skeletal minion; they could even keep the stun if they wanted, but ultimately I think being a shadow dot is the important base to build off of.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-02-18 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    That would be a blast ;D
    It would really blow up the game.

5+ Year Old Account

Just you wait and Teriz gonna say that WOW devs gonna implement Tinker with "POKET FACTORY" skill, it being 1:1 how it was in WC3; he is a guy who thinks that developers take skills from moba or rts and then transfer them to MMOrpg without making any adjustments, just copy and paste.
    I still have ptsd from him saying that two skills that shot rockets at target not similar if one rocket's not flying at linear trajectory, EVEN if they both do same effect in the end.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    Dk, Monk and DH are all melee classes.

It's safe to assume that the next will have a heavy ranged focus.
    Dragonborn/Dragonsworn sounds melee to me, but i could ofc be wrong..but i imagine a heavy armored melee class.
    That's how it's traditionally characterized, yes. Wouldn't be hard to build a caster out of it though. Time and sand themed healer, some sort of poison and plant based DPS caster, and then maybe some sort of earth/rock/shadowflame spec that dips slightly into twilight.

I made a joke a while back about Dragonbards, because that's absurd and won't ever happen, but conceptually it might actually work quite well. Using music and sound magic to evoke flight-like magical effects. Songs of time and stinging sands for healing, dirges of poison and slumber for DPS, discordant tones to summon spears of rock and gouts of shadowflame.