The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Alright so perhaps the Zovaal defeat will feel a bit like the Archimonde defeat/Gul'dan banishment after all, with this month and a half-ish wait after the cinematic again.

For some reason, a whole lot of us were thinking they were saving Gul'dan for later, when in hindsight it was so bloody obvious that a blown-out Legion expack was next.
    Khadgar's lines "Gul'dan and the Devils that command him are not so easily banished." etc. I know I was just in denial that a Burning Legion expack was so soon.

Legion's initial H/A conflicts sooort of set up some of BfA but the Sargeras Sword moment was definitely an unforseen (before silithus datamining) turn of events that set up BfA with Azerite. Not as predictable as WoD->Legion in hindsight even.

BfA's obvious hints at Death-themed content wasn't delivered during the final raid, but all throughout the questing content in Bwonsamdi, the Drust, and Sylvanas.

What shall we say, is the most "obvious from hindsight" story progression from the hints Shadowlands is providing under this context?
    Light is evil mkay?

That's the thread they've built up since Legion, but most of us overlook it because it's more cosmic bullshit when they said they wnted something more grounded. So with how the Jailer fight is ending, all eyes are on the cinematic and the world soul now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Thank you for sharing.

I'm sure we're all looking forward to more posts from you on a WoW fan forum, about WoW, about how much you dislike WoW over and over again.
    No problem, please look forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Lol April 19th. People were way off here.
    As usual. We knew the announcement of the announcement would at least be two weeks ahead. Five weeks ahead gives even more time.

And the reveal is close to PAX. Maybe they attend and have an alpha or deep dive panels or whatever. It lines up nicely. An announcement so short after 9.2 never made sense.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Isn't april 19th the release date of the final LFR wing?
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Or 2023 launch.
    A 2022 launch is very unlikely now. Even if they release it in December, which they usually didn’t want to do ever again (Shadowlands in late November was too late for them as well), it just leaves less than 8 months. Can they get it done? Most likely. But it would be, by far, the shortest amount of time between announcement and release then. I think Q1/23 is more likely now although that might be troublesome with the WotLK launch.

Or… we’ll get WotLK Classic in November as 14 year anniversary and the expansion is delayed until next year.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

19 april lets gooo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    It is!
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/sepulch...tch-9-2-325926

March 1 – Normal and Heroic difficulties. Note that the last three bosses (Lords of Dread, Rygelon, and The Jailer) will NOT be available in this first week.
    March 8 – The remaining three bosses unlock for Normal and Heroic. All bosses are available for Mythic. Raid Finder Wing 1: Ephemeral Plains (Vigilant Guardian, Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener, Artificer Xy'mox, Halondrus the Reclaimer) becomes available.
    March 22 – Raid Finder Wing 2: Cornerstone of Creation (Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle, Prototype Pantheon, Lihuvim, Principal Architect) becomes available.
    April 5 – Raid Finder Wing 3: Domination's Grasp (Anduin Wrynn, Lords of Dread, Rygelon) becomes available.
    April 19 – Raid Finder Wing 4: The Grand Design (The Jailer) becomes available.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems far away but at least we got a date now and that discussion of when the announcement of announcement or the announcement will be can be closed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    (Cries in blocked country that can no longer access WoWHead)

Huh who was it that said that we would probably get it the week of LFR release? I owe an apology to them
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to finally have an announcement date. It’s a light at the end of the tunnel after the darkness that has been Shadowlands.

I fully expect a deluge of “leaks” popping up after this announcement. Good luck everyone!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Six weeks feels way too long from now. I think I would've preferred not knowing until two weeks, since I'd basically gotten over hype/expecting news. Now I'm all anxious with waiting again, bleh.

Someone needs to make an expansion "leak" called the Worlds of World of Warcraft

I knew there would be an announcement this week. I did not know the contents of the announcement. Very surprised that they are waiting this long to reveal.

Nice to get confirmation finally, I'm not expecting the real leak until April. I'm surprised they are waiting until the LFR wing is out to announce it. Perhaps we can see some PTR stuff with 9.2.5 while we wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Yes it is, and yet, everyone laughed at me when I said Blizzard will wait the last LFR wing to announce the xpac.

Mmm, part of me wouldn't think they's announce the expansion without releasing the Epilogue chapter, but maybe they will?

Unless the Epilogue isn't left for 8.2.5 and they drop it in the following weeks, around the launch of the novel.

But i'm still leaning on the Epilogue being left for 8.2.5 even if that happens well after mid April. (Tho the PTR for it might happen sooner than expected)

Quote Originally Posted by therewillbedragons View Post
    I knew there would be an announcement this week. I did not know the contents of the announcement. Very surprised that they are waiting this long to reveal.
    Good save, but I don't think we're buying anymore. :/

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    April 19th they are revealing the next expansion, confirmed.

Fuck that's too far away.

"The worlds" of World of Warcraft is an interesting phrase they would use.

Perhaps we are going to another planet in 10.0.
    Seems unlikely. They emphasize "in Azeroth".

Bring forth the hype train

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Good save, but I don't think we're buying anymore. :/
    well you don't have to wait THAT long to see if i'm right at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    What shall we say, is the most "obvious from hindsight" story progression from the hints Shadowlands is providing under this context?
    That's a good question, but rather impossible to tell by definition—nevertheless, there's some Dragon elements, but not enough to really say it's setting up a future plot. The only thing that seems to really be setting up a future plot is whatever's happening on Azeroth, such as the Scourge invasion and Turalyon going full Hitler mode.