Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Honestly the knee jerk big mad reaction to therewillbedragons leak is a huge point in its favor. It's never truly a legitimate leak if half of MMOC isnt adamant that its fake and anyone who thinks maybe it isnt is a garbage monster.
    Half of MMO-C hates the other half literally all the time.

I only come to this place during speculation seasons and it's always the same thing, fake or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Er, no it's not. Again, I have literally worked on projects that didn't get a name set in stone until the final week of announcement. It's as crazy as it sounds, and it happened. At an Activision studio, no less.

And the dude said clearly that he played a build that didn't have the name or logo, with the devs not stating either. I mean, you can either take that info at face value and choose to believe or not believe it, or you could run your conspiracy theories that the OP somehow must know information that was never given to them.

I'm not sure what angle you're trying to get at here. I get that you're not convinced, but you can't really turn the absence of evidence into evidence itself.
    WoW expansions get their names months in advance. MoP, WoD, etc. The art and pre-marketing have already been done at this point. You really think with four weeks to reveal, they don't have even a mention of the name anywhere? That's just being obtuse, and doesn't really factor how *Blizzard* develops.

Why would anyone take their info at face value? All of that is literally the easiest fabrication in the book. "Oh it didn't have that info, sorry." They've been wrong even on aspects people claim their leak exists for because of how right they are.

I'm not really understanding your angle. Do you find their leak convincing because it's disappointing? The expac can be disappointing without disappointing leaks just fine. I'm sick and tired of people like therewillbedragons getting attention because people see one "correct" thing and suddenly it becomes the only available talking point.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-03-08 at 02:35 AM.

Same guy predicted all 3?
    im fairly certain
    he guessed us not killing aszhara and her releasing nzoth, 8.2.5 finishing up the war campaign story ousting sylvanas, and 8.3 being nzoth
    its in the razorpax leak in the spreadsheet i believe

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats a lot of assumptions.
    That's also a lot of serious internal problems at Blizzard that would reasonably create the exact environment in which inconsistencies and cut content occur.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Half of MMO-C hates the other half literally all the time.
    I'd like to hope "hate" is too strong a word. I'd figure we're more divisive than actually hateful towards anyone else. There are certain people who annoy me a particular amount, but I'd personally say I don't really "hate" anyone at all on this forum.

Actually, here's my question. If April 19th comes around and we get a Dragon Isles, but it isn't exactly like the one therewillbedragons outlined, will people at least THEN say that it was all a lie? Please? I beg you. I've never seen people so eager to give a leaker the benefit of the doubt despite everything, which is what throws me. Leakers aren't your friends, people.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's also a lot of serious internal problems at Blizzard that would reasonably create the exact environment in which inconsistencies and cut content occur.

I find it unlikely the place is so chaotic that it can't do anything. When the lawsuit dropped, sure but its been awhile since that happened and well a lot has happened in the past several months.

Actually, here's my question. If April 19th comes around and we get a Dragon Isles, but it isn't exactly like the one therewillbedragons outlined, will people at least THEN say that it was all a lie? Please? I beg you. I've never seen people so eager to give a leaker the benefit of the doubt despite everything, which is what throws me. Leakers aren't your friends, peop
    I mean...cool I guess? I'm not that invested in "Who was right" debate we're having here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Check out Hittel's earlier post. He breaks down how hilariously wrong that leaker's guess was.
    Not really, no. He described all the limitations about only being able to chat in party and not in public chats, and also no cross faction guilds. All he left out was being able to add people to party via your real ID and battletag list I believe (been a while since I read all that stuff) and there's not really a reason to expect him to know that is possible if he was playing a test of the game with no real ID or battletag friends attached to the account.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

I mean...cool I guess? I'm not that invested in "Who was right" debate we're having here.
    It's not even about that, so much. I've never seen people here so eager to give a leaker the benefit of the doubt, especially for such a milquetoast leak with nothing actually new. Maybe I'm just one of those people here filled with hate or something, but like...seriously. Everything about the way this is being viewed is aggravating.
    Maybe it's made worse by the fact that it's going to be another 6 weeks of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Not really, no. He described all the limitations about only being able to chat in party and not in public chats, and also no cross faction guilds. All he left out was being able to add people to party via your real ID and battletag list I believe (been a while since I read all that stuff) and there's not really a reason to expect him to know that is possible if he was playing a test of the game with no real ID or battletag friends attached to the account.
    This is what I'm talking about. People eating up the "oh he was a playtester with no real info, except for all the very specific info he gave. No reason to believe he couldn't have gotten it somewhere else, since he feels perfectly safe talking about all of it on a public forum.". Anyone can say ANY of that. This is game "leaks" 101.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-03-08 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll finally know which leak was correct! It's bound to be one of them!

From wowheads latest post of datamined hotfixes etc.

Mechanic in the Jailer fight that was not in the dungeon journal.

Boon of Azeroth Azeroth empowers the heroes of Azeroth, freeing them from their bonds and increasing Mastery by 3514, and Haste, Critical Strike and Versatility by 10%.

Obviously indicating the possibility of the birth of the world soul Azeroth during the fight which then grants us the ability to complete the encounter (though far from the only possibility, might not be world soul related at all I suppose).

Definitely interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post

Boon of Azeroth Azeroth empowers the heroes of Azeroth, freeing them from their bonds and increasing Mastery by 3514, and Haste, Critical Strike and Versatility by 10%.

Obviously indicating the possibility of the birth of the world soul Azeroth during the fight which then grants us the ability to complete the encounter (though far from the only possibility, might not be world soul related at all I suppose).

I'm definitely interested to see where this goes. Would be fascinating if something actually massive happens, like Azeroth waking up, but I guess we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its very possible the cinematic will go.

*Jailer is taken aback and falls to his knees in a Archimonde esque way or whatever and dies and thats it*

*The more dramatic thing that might imply things for the future instead of the above*. So...... prepared.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

WoW expansions get their names months in advance. MoP, WoD, etc. The art and pre-marketing have already been done at this point. You really think with four weeks to reveal, they don't have even a mention of the name anywhere?
    I said they don't have to mention it to a focus group held months in advance of what we're talking about now.

Marketting is a completely different team from development. They wouldn't have to market the name and logo of the game to anyone testing an earlier build of the game.

I'm not really understanding your angle. Do you find their leak convincing because it's disappointing? The expac can be disappointing without disappointing leaks just fine. I'm sick and tired of people like therewillbedragons getting attention because people see one "correct" thing and suddenly it becomes the only available talking point.
    I mean that's really all this is about, isn't it? You're sick of tired of seeing something, so you have to argue against it as if it will magically disappear because you argued against it

If you're sick of leaks being talked about, maybe stay out of the 10.0 speculation thread? I really don't know what else to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I am so ready for tomorrow's cinematics. Furthermore, I am SO ready for ALL of the "leaks" that are about to flood this forum.
    as long as the bosses arent beyond bugged

I said they don't have to mention it to a focus group held months in advance of what we're talking about now.

Marketting is a completely different team from development. They wouldn't have to market the name and logo of the game to anyone testing an earlier build of the game.
    Did they claim to be part of a focus group? (Which I don't believe Blizzard uses for expansion launches and I have at least a decent idea about that.) All they claimed was they played stuff. Stuff usually not ironed out until the alpha stages of the game that's already in players hands for testing. I'm not understanding why that keeps being ignored.

I mean that's really all this is about, isn't it? You're sick of tired of seeing something, so you have to argue against it as if it will magically disappear because you argued against it

If you're sick of leaks being talked about, maybe stay out of the 10.0 speculation thread? I really don't know what else to say here.
    At this point the discussion's a pile of nothing, but no, I don't just hate all leaks. It's how this particular leak is being viewed that's a sore spot and it should be obvious. But people can go on entertaining this specific person if they want. Their post is completely unbelievable as a package, but people can do whatever they'd like. I'm only here for speculation.

Anyway, on topic, I think it's possible the theories about the First Ones unmaking Zovaal happen. Revealing the First Ones this early feels like a Modern Blizzard move.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I'm talking about. People eating up the "oh he was a playtester with no real info, except for all the very specific info he gave. No reason to believe he couldn't have gotten it somewhere else, since he feels perfectly safe talking about all of it on a public forum.". Anyone can say ANY of that. This is game "leaks" 101.
    I'm eating nothing up. You seem to be under the impression that I believe this guy, or trust him. I do not. Literally all my argument is is that it is the only leak with something we know to be true, and the way he claims to have obtained this info is impossible for us to actually prove is a lie right now. It is possible to dislike a leak, not trust the leaker, and still acknowledge that part of the leak was correct before the thing in question was announced. I'm very much hoping it was a lucky guess, but until we hear something from Blizz, it makes me nervous that that horrible sounding expac leak COULD have more truth to it than just the cross faction part.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point the discussion's a pile of nothing, but no, I don't just hate all leaks. It's how this particular leak is being viewed that's a sore spot and it should be obvious. But people can go on entertaining this specific person if they want. Their post is completely unbelievable as a package, but people can do whatever they'd like. I'm only here for speculation.

Anyway, on topic, I think it's possible the theories about the First Ones unmaking Zovaal happen. Revealing the First Ones this early feels like a Modern Blizzard move.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. As a package, it is terrible and boring and no one would give it the time of day without the cross faction bit. It's not silly enough to stick in your memory and not interesting or enjoyable enough to make people hope for it to be true. It only has one, thin, spindly leg to stand on, and it's 100% possible it was just a lucky guess. The thing is, it is the ONLY "leak" with any legs whatsoever, and so people are cautiously paying attention just in case.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I'm eating nothing up. You seem to be under the impression that I believe this guy, or trust him. I do not. Literally all my argument is is that it is the only leak with something we know to be true, and the way he claims to have obtained this info is impossible for us to actually prove is a lie right now. It is possible to dislike a leak, not trust the leaker, and still acknowledge that part of the leak was correct before the thing in question was announced. I'm very much hoping it was a lucky guess, but until we hear something from Blizz, it makes me nervous that that horrible sounding expac leak COULD have more truth to it than just the cross faction part.
    That's just it, isn't it? It's just cynicism that gives it that kinda power. It's just some basic paint-by-numbers leak by some rando with consistently vague or "outdated" info and it gets to people because it sounds like shit. I'm not really worried about that; if it turns out to be this, and it's just Shadowlands 2, I've got better games to play, for once, but I WANT the game to be better. So I'm pointing out the holes in that shit until people get fed up with me or it or whatever. It's not worth the worrying.

Did they claim to be part of a focus group? (Which I don't believe Blizzard uses for expansion launches and I have at least a decent idea about that.) All they claimed was they played stuff. Stuff usually not ironed out until the alpha stages of the game that's already in players hands for testing. I'm not understanding why that keeps being ignored.
    It's implied with the nature of the whole testing process they went through.

Do we know what reasons there are for Blizzard to have people test their games? With NDAs in tact knowing that shit could be leaked? We don't. But I'm not sure why this would be a reason to discredit the leak either.

I mean really, you're just saying it doesn't make sense to you from a game development stand point, but as someone who has worked on games nothing about this sounds sufficiently fishy either. At least not the particular nature of playing an early version of the game through a focus group test to get a rough idea on what people think.

Does it mean this leak is more valid because I point this out? No, hell no. It has nothing to do with this leak at all. The points you've made against this happening aren't really based on anything but your own personal opinion that you don't think Blizzard would or should have anyone testing it at this stage, without already throwing out a name and logo out there to also promote it for whatever reason.

And I don't know why you think that everyone would assume the same of this since there's really nothing particularly logical about your assumption here either. There's nothing 'to ignore' because you're literally just expressing your opinion on how you think 10.0 should or should not be handled.

Do you have any evidence behind the things you have a decent idea about? Or are you simply basing it on what you think you know in retrospect? I mean, do you know how often Blizzard does focus tests on their games in general to be able to say how early or late in alpha they do all of this? Cuz I don't think most people do, and I wonder why you think this is somehow all common sense.

At this point the discussion's a pile of nothing, but no, I don't just hate all leaks. It's how this particular leak is being viewed that's a sore spot and it should be obvious. But people can go on entertaining this specific person if they want.
    Apparantly not without a massive tongue lashing :P

Like I said, it just happens to be the most compelling rumor amongst all the rumors out right now. It had some information right, and it's not yet fully debunked. Can't say the same about any other rumor or leak to lend to its validity. If another leak had any measure of credibility, then I'd just as easily point to that one as being most compelling. That's all there is to it.

If Awakenings didn't get debunked, I could easily have pointed at it being compelling for also having said some things right. But we do know it is fake. Can't really say the same about TherewillbeDragon's rumor yet. We will know in a month's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post

I can't decide if I want her to wake up, or stay asleep. Is there any scenario where her waking up would actually be good for us and the planet? I guess it could de-power us and knock us back down to regular soldier level if she ups and leaves and takes her titan juice with her...
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

If Awakenings didn't get debunked, I could easily have pointed at it being compelling for also having said some things right. But we do know it is fake. Can't really say the same about TherewillbeDragon's rumor yet. We will know in a month's time.
    I couldn't give you any specifics without sounding like a massive tool, so I don't have anything more to offer. The people I knew at Blizzard don't work there anymore and that's not something I ever asked them. But do we have any evidence at all Blizzard DOES use focus groups?

Whatever though. You and I are way, way too different about this. I'll be back to point fingers at the "leaker" if this all turns out false though. Count on it!

If it doesn't...well, I'll take the L on here and go play a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    im fairly certain
    he guessed us not killing aszhara and her releasing nzoth, 8.2.5 finishing up the war campaign story ousting sylvanas, and 8.3 being nzoth
    its in the razorpax leak in the spreadsheet i believe
    Do you have a link or know where I can find the spreadsheet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1758213767

All I found was this one, which is a gem in of itself. Nothing about the 8.x news though.