1. #28921
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, there’s leaks and threads containing the concept coming out of 4chan, Reddit, Wowhead, the official forums, etc. You think MMOC is pushing all of that?

    I mean we have people doing stuff like this;

    https://mobile.twitter.com/handclaw/...86048649453578

    That has way more influence than some posts on a forum.
    I see you are still pushing the narrative EVERYONE wants Tinker, hate to tell you bud but that "art" in your own link is over a year old with a total of 85 likes... that does not scream majority to me.

  2. #28922
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    BFA and Shadowlands both had exactly two dragons. Or are you saying the appearance of a dragon is supposed to foreshadow future dragon appearences? Because every Expansion has had a dragon at some point.
    I'm saying that alongside Wrathion, Wrathion searching for the dragon isles, a new dragon flight having evolved from N'zoth, a new chromatic dragon being discovered during Island Expeditions, Vexonia, the uncorrupted Voidwing, the Steamscale Incinerator, the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling, Time Cap'n Hooktail, the dragon pack, and the encrypted mount certainly seem to indicate dragons.....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Wow has plenty of bards.
    Including ETC and Blight Boar, etc.
    Also they have ETC in HotS that they can pull from in terms of a class, because didn’t you say HotS could be used for the basis of a class?
    Yeah, let's show the lore of ETC;

    Elite Tauren Chieftain (abbreviated for simplicity as ETC; for other and previous names see below) is an American band comprised of employees of Blizzard Entertainment. The band's virtual alter ego, The Tauren Chieftains and the Elite Tauren Chieftain,[1] appear in World of Warcraft as a band comprised of members of the Horde, and retain the logo used by the Level 70 Elite incarnation of the real-life band. Their gimmick revolves around writing content that is based on mainly subjects related to the Warcraft universe, though they have more recently extended into StarCraft and Diablo lore as well. The band debuted in 2003 with their first song, "Power of the Horde", which was featured in the credits of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and Warcraft III: Reforged.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Eli...ain%20(L70ETC)

    You want to build a class and expansion lore around that?

  3. #28923
    I’d consider an expansion that’d lead us/allow Tinkers would be as polarizing as MoP. Great expansion in ways, but thematically distinct.

  4. #28924
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And let's compare your items here;

    Russell the Bard has done what exactly? Has he gone on any missions? Has he participated in any major events? Has he traveled anywhere beyond his tavern?

    Compare that to Chen Stormstout; Savior of Ogrimmar, champion of the Horde for helping Thrall defeat Admiral Proudmoore.

    There's really no comparison.



    Who's arguing hard? I'm merely pointing out that you're comparing a highly established class concept with a non-existent one.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Because in order to be an expansion class in WoW you have to be linked to a lore hero, of which Bards have none.
    I knew this would be where we'd get. But you purposefully ignore every potential "Bard" reference in WoW (the two bands, the April Fool's Joke, Russel the Bard, nameless Bards, a popular character in HotS (which is most of the structure for your Dragonborne class, so that has to count too.)) just because it doesn't fit your criteria. You seem to be under the impression that Blizzard has strict rules about what can and can't be a class, and as someone who actually knows a two people on the dev team, you're way, way overthinking it.

    You also seem to be under the impression that it has to either be your two ideas or nothing. Frankly, I'd like multiple new ideas and welcome all of them. Let's get Tinkers, Dragons, Bards *and* anything else.

    You really shouldn't look at things as definitively having to work a certain way though, or that the dev team literally needs to do something one way, unless you want to look back on 2015 Teriz' Demon Hunter opinions.

  5. #28925
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Trazzle View Post
    I wonder, could the steamscale be indicating/suggesting that tinkers/engineers/artificers are advancing in what their tech/science is capable of?

    Maybe experimenting with high power/volatile sources, like a demon soul, could lead them to a breakthrough with X power source introduced in 10.0 narrative. Heck could simply be a refined/manipulated azerite crystal.

    Either way, super excited to have a date and know that the horizon of what’s next is near. Hype!
    That's what I'm saying; You can take the clue literally or figuratively, but it's definitely a clue that should be considered, because it and the TMD is sort of floating outside the lore for some reason.

  6. #28926
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Because in order to be an expansion class in WoW you have to be linked to a lore hero, of which Bards have none.
    The Wow Classes more closely resemble the Dungeons & Dragons classes than Warcraft 3 classes, with the exception of Hero Classes (which have been pretty much phased out, since they removed their iconic requirements & increased starting level) Priests got nothing from Tyrande. Rogues were created wholesale. Hunters only resemble Rexxar in that they have a pet & none of his abilities. Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Eli...ain%20(L70ETC)

    You want to build a class and expansion lore around that?
    Yes. But also, a.) why would an expansion need to revolve around the new class? There's a lot of aesthetic similarity between a new class & the expansion they were added, but the story absolutely did not revolve around that class. And b.) I sense a lot of denial about how much WoW lifts directly from Wizards of the Coasts properties. Google what the moon goddess is named in the Forgotten Realms. Or where the term Shadowlands comes from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That's what I'm saying; You can take the clue literally or figuratively, but it's definitely a clue that should be considered, because it and the TMD is sort of floating outside the lore for some reason.
    Remember when they added Tyreal's Charger & they had a Diablo themed expansion? That was my favorite. With the Winged Guardian shop mount expansion being a close second.

  7. #28927
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    I knew this would be where we'd get. But you purposefully ignore every potential "Bard" reference in WoW (the two bands, the April Fool's Joke, Russel the Bard, nameless Bards, a popular character in HotS (which is most of the structure for your Dragonborne class, so that has to count too.)) just because it doesn't fit your criteria. You seem to be under the impression that Blizzard has strict rules about what can and can't be a class, and as someone who actually knows a two people on the dev team, you're way, way overthinking it.
    No, my structure for a dragonborne class is numerous draconic characters in WoW lore who disguise themselves as mortals. We're talking about major characters like Wrathion, Chromie, and Alexstraza. Now once again, compare them to Russell the Bard. You didn't answer my question, so I'll ask again; What has he done exactly? Has he gone on any missions? Has he participated in any major events? Has he traveled anywhere beyond his tavern?

    And I'll ask this question as well; Name some unique Bard abilities. Demon Hunters had Metamorphosis and Mana Burn. Death Knights had Death Pact and Unholy Aura. Monks had Breath of Fire and Drunken Haze. What's a unique Bard ability?

    You also seem to be under the impression that it has to either be your two ideas or nothing. Frankly, I'd like multiple new ideas and welcome all of them. Let's get Tinkers, Dragons, Bards *and* anything else.
    I'd like to see multiple new ideas as well, however, we should also recognize why Blizzard has only released 3 new class in the span of almost 20 years; It's because they're very conservative about their classes, and only certain classes make sense in WoW. That is by design.

    You really shouldn't look at things as definitively having to work a certain way though, or that the dev team literally needs to do something one way, unless you want to look back on 2015 Teriz' Demon Hunter opinions.
    And I stand by those opinions. I predicted that the Demon Hunter would be a shallow class that hinged largely on Metamorphosis, and I was correct. You'll pardon me if I didn't believe that Blizzard would purposely gut a popular Warlock spec to bring DHs in the game.

  8. #28928
    Hey Teriz,

    Were I to fast forward a couple of days and see what you're reaction was like to a hypothetical expansion reveal that had literally no connection to dragons or tinkers, what would it look like?

  9. #28929
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The Wow Classes more closely resemble the Dungeons & Dragons classes than Warcraft 3 classes, with the exception of Hero Classes (which have been pretty much phased out, since they removed their iconic requirements & increased starting level) Priests got nothing from Tyrande.
    Vanilla NE Priests had a version of Starfall.

    Rogues were created wholesale.
    Nah, they were based largely on Wardens. In WC3 Wardens were originally Assassins, but Blizzard altered their lore and changed their name, but retained their abilities. Hence why Rogues got quite a few of their abilities. In addition there was the halfocren Rogue Garona.

    Hunters only resemble Rexxar in that they have a pet & none of his abilities. Etc.
    Stampede is a Beastmaster talent, and the entire concept of melee hunters comes from Rexxar.

    Yes. But also, a.) why would an expansion need to revolve around the new class? There's a lot of aesthetic similarity between a new class & the expansion they were added, but the story absolutely did not revolve around that class. And b.) I sense a lot of denial about how much WoW lifts directly from Wizards of the Coasts properties. Google what the moon goddess is named in the Forgotten Realms. Or where the term Shadowlands comes from.
    Because a new class is a pretty big deal, and needs to make sense within the expansion of its release. Also every class had some level of connection to the expansion it was released in. It certainly helps that the major characters of those expansions; LK, Chen, and Illidan were members of the new class.

    Remember when they added Tyreal's Charger & they had a Diablo themed expansion? That was my favorite. With the Winged Guardian shop mount expansion being a close second.
    I missed the part where I said that EVERY mount released is related to the next expansion....

  10. #28930
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, my structure for a dragonborne class is numerous draconic characters in WoW lore who disguise themselves as mortals. We're talking about major characters like Wrathion, Chromie, and Alexstraza. Now once again, compare them to Russell the Bard. You didn't answer my question, so I'll ask again; What has he done exactly? Has he gone on any missions? Has he participated in any major events? Has he traveled anywhere beyond his tavern?
    Nope, but there's plenty of time to explore that in the future. To say it can't happen, given that Bards are the last remaining classical DnD class (something foundational for WoW's creation) is just as silly as saying they'll never do Demon Hunters. Why do you think they even thought of an April Fool's joke for Bards in the first place?

    And I'll ask this question as well; Name some unique Bard abilities. Demon Hunters had Metamorphosis and Mana Burn. Death Knights had Death Pact and Unholy Aura. Monks had Breath of Fire and Drunken Haze. What's a unique Bard ability?
    ETC's got Stage Dive, Face Melt, Mosh Pit, any of those could be utilized or repurposed for whatever flavor of Bard they'd use.

    My point isn't that they'll do it *now*, I don't think that in the slightest, but setup can be done any time they want.



    I'd like to see multiple new ideas as well, however, we should also recognize why Blizzard has only released 3 new class in the span of almost 20 years; It's because they're very conservative about their classes, and only certain classes make sense in WoW. That is by design.
    And then it shouldn't surprise you plenty of people only care about something like Bard, given it's a classical RPG class. If there's a few slots, people want it given to whatever they're most familiar with. Most people don't give a damn about "setup" and I wish you'd realize that. Setup can be done when it's time, anyway.


    And I stand by those opinions. I predicted that the Demon Hunter would be a shallow class that hinged largely on Metamorphosis, and I was correct. You'll pardon me if I didn't believe that Blizzard would purposely gut a popular Warlock spec to bring DHs in the game.
    Wrong is still wrong, man. We said it could happen, and it did. Blizzard will do whatever they want to establish whatever they want. I was right about Void Elves, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

    Nah, they were based largely on Wardens.
    Citation needed. They were based on run-of-the-mill bandits and Outlaws. They didn't get Warden flavor until BC.



    Stampede is a Beastmaster talent, and the entire concept of melee hunters comes from Rexxar.
    Stampede was added way, WAY later. Like, waaaay later. MoP later. It's hardly comparable to Hunters in Vanilla, who shared nothing with Rexxar.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-03-15 at 02:05 AM.

  11. #28931
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwald View Post
    Hey Teriz,

    Were I to fast forward a couple of days and see what you're reaction was like to a hypothetical expansion reveal that had literally no connection to dragons or tinkers, what would it look like?
    Excitement for a new expansion.

  12. #28932
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And you know this how exactly?



    Any future expansion that we know of.




    There's a history of WoW mounts and pets foreshadowing future content. In this case, we have both a mount and a pet.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The difference here is that we got both a mount and a pet utilizing the same skin. There is a history of WoW mounts showing aspects of future content, and we have a history of pets outright foreshadowing future content (Pandaren Monk Pet WotLK). As I said in another post, in the case of the mechanical dragons, not only do we have a mount and a pet, but they're connected because the pet is the companion to the mount.
    Yes, and they are pretty specific to the mounts datamined shortly prior to the next expansions. This is whyy no one would use an example like the Steamscale or Dreadwake mounts in this conversation. We aren't just talking about any shop mount for the sake of being a shop mount.

  13. #28933
    Well that's always great to see. Hype feels good.

    You wouldn't feel silly about the thousands of pages of discussion insisting on the dragon stuff?

  14. #28934
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Nope, but there's plenty of time to explore that in the future. To say it can't happen, given that Bards are the last remaining classical DnD class (something foundational for WoW's creation)
    What D&D does has little bearing on what is contained in WoW. Again, they had a TTRPG largely based on D&D and they STILL didn't create a Bard class.

    Why do you think they even thought of an April Fool's joke for Bards in the first place?
    Because Guitar Hero was a popular game at the time. That's about it.


    ETC's got Stage Dive, Face Melt, Mosh Pit, any of those could be utilized or repurposed for whatever flavor of Bard they'd use.
    So you honestly believe they're going to use heavy metal concepts for a Bard class in a high fantasy setting?

    And then it shouldn't surprise you plenty of people only care about something like Bard, given it's a classical RPG class. If there's a few slots, people want it given to whatever they're most familiar with. Most people don't give a damn about "setup" and I wish you'd realize that. Setup can be done when it's time, anyway.
    People are free to want whatever they want. I'm merely pointing out that the Bard lacks significant lore foundations to be a WoW class. There's nothing there except a spoof of a rock band, and a homage to a former sound designer. Again, this dearth of Bard lore is by design.

  15. #28935
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What D&D does has little bearing on what is contained in WoW. Again, they had a TTRPG largely based on D&D and they STILL didn't create a Bard class.



    Because Guitar Hero was a popular game at the time. That's about it.




    So you honestly believe they're going to use heavy metal concepts for a Bard class in a high fantasy setting?



    People are free to want whatever they want. I'm merely pointing out that the Bard lacks significant lore foundations to be a WoW class. There's nothing there except a spoof of a rock band, and a homage to a former sound designer. Again, this dearth of Bard lore is by design.
    That's about enough of this for me. You do you, Teriz. I hope you continue to be surprised instead of correct.

  16. #28936
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yes, and they are pretty specific to the mounts datamined shortly prior to the next expansions. This is whyy no one would use an example like the Steamscale or Dreadwake mounts in this conversation. We aren't just talking about any shop mount for the sake of being a shop mount.
    Why wouldn't you use a dragon mount and pet from BFA and Shadowlands to show a connection to an expected future dragon expansion?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwald View Post
    Well that's always great to see. Hype feels good.

    You wouldn't feel silly about the thousands of pages of discussion insisting on the dragon stuff?
    Why would I? I'm just killing time until the expansion is announced.

  17. #28937
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So you honestly believe they're going to use heavy metal concepts for a Bard class in a high fantasy setting?
    Both ETC & Blight Boar already exist in WoW.
    Including several items (Arcanite Ripper, The elf guitar, Blight boar guitar, Blight boar microphone, twelve-string guitar, etc etc)
    The guitars also mentioning the face melter and death metal, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  18. #28938
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Both ETC & Blight Boar already exist in WoW.
    Yes, as spoof characters. They're not characters like Anduin, Wrathion, Gazlowe, Thrall, etc. They're just tongue and cheek additions to the game. You're never going to see them in raids helping you slay bosses, go on missions for the Horde, or anything like that.

    You might as well say that they're going to make a Mr. T. Mohawk class that tosses mohawk grenades.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-03-15 at 02:19 AM.

  19. #28939
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    In this case, the last AoC just shares theme with the raid, so it doesn't seem to hint at the next expansion, but we have other hints:
    - The blue phoenix on the store, and the red one datamined at the same time. The birds on ZM seem to be "prototypes" of them.
    - Cats similar to the one in the store.
    - Wombats. I doubt wombatas they are just made for ZM, and they seem to be "prototypes" of the ones we'll see.
    - Axolotls. Same as wombats.

    We also have the hint at the transmogs: they released the sprite transmog with the SL pre-patch. To me, it feels like a discarded concept for an Ardenweald armor set.
    So what if the stargazer transmog is also a discarded concept for the next expansion?
    aotc and transmogs have nothing to do with the mounts

  20. #28940
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, as spoof characters. They're not characters like Anduin, Wrathion, Gazlowe, Thrall, etc. They're just tongue and cheek additions to the game. You're never going to see them in raids helping you slay bosses or anything like that.
    Point is that you saying heavy metal & it’s concepts won’t be used in a high fantasy setting is false.
    Probably why you deleted the part after showing all the items the player can already get.

    Also they could easily always give them a bit more lore in future expansions, especially if we ever fight Murmur, who is a sound elemental, in his full form.
    Of course bards like ETC and Blight Boar would be perfect fighting something like that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    In this case, the last AoC just shares theme with the raid, so it doesn't seem to hint at the next expansion, but we have other hints:
    - The blue phoenix on the store, and the red one datamined at the same time. The birds on ZM seem to be "prototypes" of them.
    - Cats similar to the one in the store.
    - Wombats. I doubt wombatas they are just made for ZM, and they seem to be "prototypes" of the ones we'll see.
    - Axolotls. Same as wombats.

    We also have the hint at the transmogs: they released the sprite transmog with the SL pre-patch. To me, it feels like a discarded concept for an Ardenweald armor set.
    So what if the stargazer transmog is also a discarded concept for the next expansion?
    From what I understand the fae set was supposed to be a reward from an Emerald Dreamway murder mystery that was supposed to be in BfA.
    Assuming it was supposed to be like the Deaths of Chromie.
    (Which I wouldn’t be surprised if it popped up in next xpac if it’s dragon themed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •