10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Laying it on a little thick, there...

Blizzard has to seed "hype" through marketing across various platforms, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I purposely made that post to show everyone that I don’t work for Blizzard and I was totally being a smart***.

If you insist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Tell me I didn't come back to more fucking Tinker discussion.
    You can't escape it, it is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    so im under the belief that
    Bolvar and Taelia are the daughter and husband Calia believes are dead
    and that she is the wife/mother they believe are dead

the reason for them to not recognize eachother is a combination of age and Calia not using her real name when she was married to Bolvar who at the time was just a foot soldier

also interesting that Dadgar is back
    But somehow Calia doesn't recognize Bolvar by name?

so datamined stuff including a few new lines between the menethil family...that dont know they are the menethil family
    link? /10char

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Wait a minute wasn't it revealed that Calia child is under the custody of the Scarlet Crusade?????

I swear I read that, or that someone is hiding them.
    It's Scarlet Crusade propaganda.

They knew of her child, so they made up a story of having "her son".
    Except she doesn't have a son, she has a daughter.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Tinkers are the Burning of Teldrassil of classes.
    So they will eventually happen and will piss off everyone?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So they will eventually happen and will piss off everyone?
    Yes, then they'll be talked about endlessly for years on end. So they're also the high elves of classes.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Yes, then they'll be talked about endlessly for years on end. So they're also the high elves of classes.
    So they'll get all the cool "personalized transformation" cosmetics that Druids have been asking after for years?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's Scarlet Crusade propaganda.

They knew of her child, so they made up a story of having "her son".
    Except she doesn't have a son, she has a daughter.
    I'm pretty sure they are one and the same character. The Scarlets currently lack a singular "leader" that could stand toe to toe next to Turalyon and Yrel as leaders of the Light, so this "Royal Son" would actually be Calia's daughter either brainwashed or forced into being a masculine-pretending paladin.

Points if she is designed to look like "Evil Anduin"!

7+ Year Old Account
    the reason for them to not recognize eachother is a combination of age and Calia not using her real name when she was married to Bolvar who at the time was just a foot soldier
    Calia never mentioned a secret identity when she told the story, you'd think she would mention such a rather important point.
    Furthermore its very much implied he knew about her status, hence the secrecy around their relationship, the begging a priestess in secret to marry them and trying to get the child out of Lordaeron when she finally told her mother.

Even if Blizzard does take that route, Bolvar not recognizing her is one thing but she would absolutely recognize him by name alone.
    And in that case, Calia stood right next to Taelia in Oribos.

If for whatever reason she wouldn't come out to Bolvar, surely she would say something when she meets Bolvars, and therefore her own, daughter?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-03-23 at 07:58 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Don't know why you'd come to this conclusion. I rather think the new map indicates that she's not coming back (for now) and instead something else happens to the Forsaken.
    _____

Oh I forgot Khadgar returning. Seems quite weird, but I'm interested to see what this means for the next expansion.
    Khadgars gonna get body snatched by a dreadlord
    Twas brillig

So they'll get all the cool "personalized transformation" cosmetics that Druids have been asking after for years?
    You know what will be especially funny?
    Once SL is over and Shammies don't get more ghost wolf transformations despite the Soulshape NF ability proving it's trivial to make them whatever you want.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Khadgars gonna get body snatched by a dreadlord
    Hopefully not a dreadlord but Khadgar sounded so...weird. I sensed something really diabolical for some reason.

You know it. Tinkers will get all the robot skins they want.

@Sondrelk

If I ever touched shaman with a ten foot pole I'd be pretty depressed on the cosmetic field. Nowadays everyone can be something cool, like a hippo, whereas you're stuck with a wolf form who's first iteration is almost old enough to vote.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-03-23 at 08:06 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Calia never mentioned a secret identity when she told the story, you'd think she would mention such a rather important point.
    Furthermore its very much implied he knew about her status, hence the secrecy around their relationship, the begging a priestess in secret to marry them and trying to get the child out of Lordaeron when she finally told her mother.

Even if Blizzard does take that route, Bolvar not recognizing her is one thing but she would absolutely recognize him by name alone.
    And in that case, Calia stood right next to Taelia in Oribos.

If for whatever reason she wouldn't come out to Bolvar, surely she would say something when she meets Bolvars, and therefore her own, daughter?
    They also didnt really speak at all, and then Calia disappeared from the story completely. It's not unthinkable it was planned to have a big reveal somewhere in the story that just never ended up happening.

Until Calia and/or Bolvar state conclusively who the missing person is in their lives the obvious choice will always be that Talia is Calias daughter.

- - - Updated - - -

@Sondrelk

If I ever touched shaman with a ten foot pole I'd be pretty depressed on the cosmetic field. Nowadays everyone can be something cool, like a hippo, whereas you're stuck with a wolf form who's first iteration is almost old enough to vote.
    I guess Blizzard has been slightly better in adding more Shammy transformations, but still extremely few considering.

One does have to wonder what will happen to all the Soulshape forms from SL after the expansion ends though. Sure they will still be useable in Shadowlands content, so there is that minor use. But compared to how incredibly varied and complex the Soulshape gathering minigame is I am kidna surprised we have not already gotten a toy or similar that let's us transform into any collected appearance.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

@Sondrelk

Shaman just needs to be torn down entirely.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well that's what I mean. Stuff like that isn't used as a new feature for an expansion, it just sort of happens within the expansion. Something like that being used as THE feature for a new expansion would seem extremely underwhelming. Again, look at Cataclysm; The entire planet was revamped, and people were still underwhelmed.
    I never played Cataclysm when it was live. So I guess I got to skip the end-game drought. Which means I get to be thoroughly impressed by the humongous amount of content that expansion provided. WoW would be a much smaller and emptier place if it wasn't for Cataclysm.

The problem is that Blizzard only invented a way to rehash the levelling content into end-game content during Legion by turning them into World Quests and Mythics.

I feel Blizzard still owes their older content that same treatment. *All* of the zones, up to Warlords of Draenor turned into World Quest areas, and see maybe two or three instances per expansion into a Mythic Plus. Legion, BfA and Shadowlands merely require their levels scaled as they're already good to go.

It's a high amount of work, but it's also a risk-free commitment on Blizzard's end. They don't need to experiment, they don't need to put any R&D into new systems. Merely take what worked in their last few expansions and retroactively apply it to everything else. It gives the player endlessly self-replenishing content, more than they'll ever be able to exhaust in a lifetime. Something that keeps people subscribed permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I never played Cataclysm when it was live. So I guess I got to skip the end-game drought. Which means I get to be thoroughly impressed by the humongous amount of content that expansion provided. WoW would be a much smaller and emptier place if it wasn't for Cataclysm.

The problem is that Blizzard only invented a way to rehash the levelling content into end-game content during Legion by turning them into World Quests and Mythics.

I feel Blizzard still owes their older content that same treatment. *All* of the zones, up to Warlords of Draenor turned into World Quest areas, and see maybe two or three instances per expansion into a Mythic Plus. Legion, BfA and Shadowlands merely require their levels scaled as they're already good to go.

It's a high amount of work, but it's also a risk-free commitment on Blizzard's end. They don't need to experiment, they don't need to put any R&D into new systems. Merely take what worked in their last few expansions and retroactively apply it to everything else. It gives the player endlessly self-replenishing content, more than they'll ever be able to exhaust in a lifetime. Something that keeps people subscribed permanently.
    Cool. My overall point is that people pining for a revamp seem to forget that Cataclysm also had 7 new zones, and 2 new zones for the two new races. In other words, if we do get a revamp, we’re still getting a new continent/landmass.

Personally, I’m Team Steamscale; The Undermine/Dragon Isle expansion.

Maybe I’ll make a fancy signature tag like everyone else…..
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-03-23 at 09:16 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStarcaller View Post
    The thing is with FFXIV, all of those obscured, clouded landmasses are KNOWN and have been EXPLORED, and even those that weren't on the map at all like the Far East in Stormblood were name dropped in quests and what not long before the expansion comes out. It's like, "hey, these places are known, but we're clouding them out because we (the devs) are still working on the map geometry so the change won't be jarring". Hopefully I'm making some sense.

With WoW, all of the new landmasses save Northrend since it was on the map since Classic just pop out of no where with no explanation. It's jarring.
    No, I get what you mean. I feel like back in Vanilla they should have taken the time to chart out all the various landmasses, and if they wound up making them bigger at some point or shifting them around a little, or even adding a few more, they could have an explanation for it like, "Oh, the maps were a little inaccurate." or what have you. They never did that though, so now they're just plopping things down out of nowhere and it feels silly. At list Pandaria made sense, it was literally masked by magical mists keeping it from being detected or found.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    How do you know what's a "real leak", exactly? Every single real leak so far had 90% of people doubting it and saying it's fake. People were saying the Bolvar cinematic screenshot was fake as well, and that Bastion's art was fake as well. For all you know the real leak has already been leaked.
    Because every leak has had too much information in it, developers themselves don't actually know much of what they're working on until it gets revealed for everyone, apart from the lore team and the marketing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Shaman just needs to be torn down entirely.
    You fittin to get yourself in deep trouble.