7+ Year Old Account
    I'd sell my left kidney to play a Botani.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Taunka and gil goblins are either goblin and tauren cosmetic options or not at all.
    I would agree but the idea that they would revamp character customization but NOT include these tells me they're keeping their options open. The Wildhammer customization & High Elf customization options were nails in that allied race coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    What's your criteria here? What exactly is the difference? The Scarlet Crusade reformation storyline in the Priest Order hall in Legion is a reference; The Scarlet Brotherhood storyline in BFA is a reference; but a SHEILD is foreshadowing?
    A currently unused shield is more of a hint towards future content than anything, considering it is utterly pointless to exist otherwise.

We will be seeing NPCs using Lordaeron and Scarlet Crusade shields in the future or it was cut content, one or the other. And 9.2.5 finally featuring Scarlets (if the dark ranger quest is in) and Calia being in Lordaeron mean that will likely happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I would agree but the idea that they would revamp character customization but NOT include these tells me they're keeping their options open. The Wildhammer customization & High Elf customization options were nails in that allied race coffin.
    No matter how much fans tried to spin it, Wildhammer/Helf didn't have enough culture and unique identity to count as a new race with new racials, drastically different appearance, etc. Especially when one is identified by tattoos and the other by a single shade of skin color. The closest thing is Mag'har which come with a multiple unique aesthetics and cultures.

Gilgoblins and Taunka can't blend in as a normal goblin/tauren and have very distinct cultural identities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyCheese View Post
    Also, seeing the Emerald Drake as a "lol Elune/Lifelands" thing is missing the point I think. Emerald Drakes are heavily tied to Vanilla/Classic and their themes are way more broad than "Elune". Could be a green drake included because they are the closest thing to Anti-Cataclysm (rebirth/healing) which is what the theme of 10.0 may be.
    Can see that happening, fertility and nurture. We know the Black dragonflight is near extinct. I’m hoping for Elune to be more supplemental than in-your-face with cosmic influence.

Sapphire skyblazer makes me think the DI could be in the skies, symbolically close to the sun and moon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would pass on gilgoblins, goblins are already niche and we also already had vulpera, another reskin on a not very popular model while alliance get mogu, wouldnt be good. No one cares about goblins with fins.Taunka and gil goblins are either goblin and tauren cosmetic options or not at all imo.

Besides, Tuskar is a much popular choice and feels more unique, I would say Vrykul and Tuskar wotlk option.

Jinju and ankoan could be brought together as single option
    Change some idle animations and some animations and your golden. Seen alot of request for these as well.
    giglgoblins are fine, just like mechagnomes, we can afford one niche race here and there. if highmountain tauren is allied race, taunka will not be a costmetic, gilgoblins are completely different either and would a entire new set of racials based around being able to breath underwater.

Tuskar is a nonsense race to be add, they are not humanoid enough, this already kill their chances, like the turtle people

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its kinda weird as some other options such as mag har orcs and lightforged dreanei are in the same position.

For trolls they also made sandtrolls as a cosmetic option as well. Gil goblins and taunka just fit right in that street.

So hopefully the next batch of playable races would feel slightly more unique such as zandalari.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It's not even copium, just people unable to acknowledge history is in the past and bringing up the same topics over and over.

I'm pretty sure half the posts from the last few pages are straight up trolling, trying to get a last word in or baiting people that tend to be endlessly baitable. Thread has really gone to shit with this useless and very hostile back and forth, not a lot of speculation/discussion about future things being done with people only focusing on what already happened in the past.

I went through some of the older hype threads and the interesting post compared to arguing ratio was much better. Remember, it's perfectly fine not to post anything that doesn't actually add to the discussion. Get it together, hype thread.
    You've summed up in a few sentences the reason why I'm not participating in the thread as much as I used to anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    A post that doesn't get a lot of traction doesn't make it a bad/worthless post. If anything it actually adds something vs. the useless back and forth (which isn't speculation at all regardless of what some try to frame it as; it's arguing).

--

Meanwhile, Blizzard has put the last patch of the expansion on the PTR with a lot of new hints/unexplained things that are actually deserving of speculation/analysis.

What's happening in Tirisfal? Why is Calia involved? There's a LOT of VO and things encrypted there.

Is the way between SL <-> Azeroth canonically wide open now? Khadgar popped up as well as a (now removed) quest where we give a tour of Stormwind to creatures from the Shadowlands.

Why is there another encrypted Anduin model?

What's the encrypted item set for?

Why are there still two encrypted achievements from 9.2? Are those for next reset's content?

I can go on, but hopefully it's some food for thought that looks towards the future instead of the past.
    The more I look at it, the more I think we are in for a Lordaeron/Northern EK expansion. I'd be excited for it tbh! And I think that Lordaeron shield dropping from Mal'Ganis is more than an Easter Egg, it's this expansion's Suramar Cloak / Zandalari Shaman / Naga Hunter sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'd sell my left kidney to play a Botani.
    God I'd love that. They could really go crazy with the customisations and bring some fresh interesting lore! I wish they'd revisit previous expansions for new AR with some patches. Like, giving us Taunka and Ice Dwarves, Tuskarrs, Furbolgs, Tortollans, Hozen and Jinyu... so many cool races which deserve to be playable!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    giglgoblins are fine, just like mechagnomes, we can afford one niche race here and there. if highmountain tauren is allied race, taunka will not be a costmetic, gilgoblins are completely different either and would a entire new set of racials based around being able to breath underwater.

Tuskar is a nonsense race to be add, they are not humanoid enough, this already kill their chances, like the turtle people
    We already have mechagnomes, gnomes, goblins and vulpera as these niche races. Gil goblins are fine when they would be part of excisting goblins race. Make it a short recruitement quest and be done with it. An actual slot when they are just greener with fins is a wasted slot.

I already explained why, lf and hm are lazy options and should not be repeated again. So no thank you, its boring.

Tuskar is perfectly fine and much better option and more diverse then another flavor of goblins.. which are not even popular.

Its kinda weird as some other options such as mag har orcs and lightforged dreanei are in the same position.

For trolls they also made sandtrolls as a cosmetic option as well. Gil goblins and taunka just fit right in that street.

So hopefully the next batch of playable races would feel slightly more unique such as zandalari.
    Even for the “tattoo ARs” you can’t mistake them for a regular version of the race with armor on. Even Helfs have different hair than Belfs now. I think that is one thing Blizz considers: if the race looks the exact same with armor on (helmets aside) its probably not a good idea for a new race. Hence why Wildhammer became a skin as did Helf.

We will see if they break this rule with Kul Tirans and allow them to have the regular human model, which is probably their biggest request and also makes lore sense as 99% of their lore heroes look normal. Though they may restrict their hair styles and add some unique cosmetics like pirate tattoos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I can't wait for the 10.0 announcement. Some of this bickering back and forth is ludicrous.
    Agreed. I check this thread a few times a day in case of something interesting but 99% of the time it's just pages and pages of back-and-forth arguing about some minor detail that doesn't even matter.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even for the “tattoo ARs” you can’t mistake them for a regular version of the race with armor on. Even Helfs have different hair than Belfs now. I think that is one thing Blizz considers: if the race looks the exact same with armor on (helmets aside) its probably not a good idea for a new race.

We will see if they break this rule with Kul Tirans and allow them to have the regular human model. Though they may restrict their hair styles and add some unique cosmetics like pirate tattoos.
    Idk.. its mostly the sillouhette what makes it differnt. Hair, hair color etc are all great, but void elves can look pretty much like a blood elf so not sure what you mean.

The only thing that they could do imo with not much work is to alter the idle animations of mirror races. They dis it with nightborne and it worked to make them distinct enough vs night elves. They could have done the same with void elves, but didnt. Now when you see a void elf running around the only thing that you pay attention to is their name in red instead of green.

7+ Year Old Account
    We already have mechagnomes, gnomes, goblins and vulpera as these niche races. Gil goblins are fine when they would be part of excisting goblins race. Make it a short recruitement quest and be done with it. An actual slot when they are just greener with fins is a wasted slot.
    We ahve two for each faction, who said we can't get a third?

gilgoblins and taunka can't be just a customization because they are too diferent.

I already explained why, lf and hm are lazy options and should not be repeated again. So no thank you, its boring.
    it doesn't matter if they are lazy, they are an allied race anyway, and taunka are way more different than then, and they are much better than fat derp-looking walrus people.

Tuskar is perfectly fine and much better option and more diverse then another flavor of goblins.. which are not even popular.
    "fine"

yeah, they are not going to happen

5+ Year Old Account
    Cata failed because the revamp was done in a single development cycle. Meanwhile Cata 2 would do much better because not only have they updated models/zones during WoD, Legion, BFA and SL, but they also planned/changed a shorter expansion before 10.0 so they have even MORE dev time for 10.0. Last time this happened was the biggest feature-laden expansion (Legion).

Also very likely that Cata 2 would not have the extensive, dev-time-wasting geography changes of Cata because there won't be a dragon fucking things up.

Stuff like the Tirisfal thing, HD human houses, Azeroth racial plot continuations in 9.2.5 is more than speculation because it doesn't look heavily connected to Dragon Isles.
    Welll, we shall see eventually. We shall see.

You should look forward to the weekly (?) 9.2.5 builds in the meantime. We’re still waiting on a single mention of Kalimdor to see if we’ll even visit it at all next expansion.

Even though it’s silly to call it early, and the other thread is probably a troll, ignoring the Nelves would be a baaaaaad idea...

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Agreed. I check this thread a few times a day in case of something interesting but 99% of the time it's just pages and pages of back-and-forth arguing about some minor detail that doesn't even matter.
    It's become so tedious it's taking the joy out of this thread. I really wish the people involved would realise all they're doing is ruining the atmosphere.

That being said... I am still very excited for the 10.0 announcement. I won't be available that week so I won't be posting over here too much but I'll definitely follow it up closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    God I'd love that. They could really go crazy with the customisations and bring some fresh interesting lore! I wish they'd revisit previous expansions for new AR with some patches. Like, giving us Taunka and Ice Dwarves, Tuskarrs, Furbolgs, Tortollans, Hozen and Jinyu... so many cool races which deserve to be playable!
    It would be cool if they give us Azeroth-bound races but use the Shadowlands races as a base. Like the new customization for the allied race evokes the shadowlands race.
    Sylvan into Botani
    Venthyr into San'lyn
    Kyrian into Vrykul
    And Maldraxxians into... I dunno, Necromancer Ogres? More Skeletal forsaken?

Even for the “tattoo ARs” you can’t mistake them for a regular version of the race with armor on. Even Helfs have different hair than Belfs now. I think that is one thing Blizz considers: if the race looks the exact same with armor on (helmets aside) its probably not a good idea for a new race. Hence why Wildhammer became a skin as did Helf.

We will see if they break this rule with Kul Tirans and allow them to have the regular human model, which is probably their biggest request and also makes lore sense as 99% of their lore heroes look normal. Though they may restrict their hair styles and add some unique cosmetics like pirate tattoos.
    I think the "Tattoo" ARs would make sense if we got large amounts of them honestly. Though mostly much of this falls down on wanting unique Heritage armor, racials, and most importantly class options. Wildhammer dwarves being a decent fit for Druid is a good example. It makes no sense why a classic WoW Dwarf would be a druid, but a Wildhammer one absolutely could be, in addition to having completely different racials and aesthetic.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think the "Tattoo" ARs would make sense if we got large amounts of them honestly. Though mostly much of this falls down on wanting unique Heritage armor, racials, and most importantly class options. Wildhammer dwarves being a decent fit for Druid is a good example. It makes no sense why a classic WoW Dwarf would be a druid, but a Wildhammer one absolutely could be, in addition to having completely different racials and aesthetic.
    Wildhammer Dwarf Druids are the peak of my WoW desires, I'd do anything to get those!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It's become so tedious it's taking the joy out of this thread. I really wish the people involved would realise all they're doing is ruining the atmosphere.

That being said... I am still very excited for the 10.0 announcement. I won't be available that week so I won't be posting over here too much but I'll definitely follow it up closely.
    We need another leak. Even if it is a blatantly fake one. Those always spice up the conversation.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    We ahve two for each faction, who said we can't get a third?

gilgoblins and taunka can't be just a customization because they are too diferent.

it doesn't matter if they are lazy, they are an allied race anyway, and taunka are way more different than then, and they are much better than fat derp-looking walrus people.

"fine"

yeah, they are not going to happen
    Not sure what your on about. You have no idea if they will happen or not, says who You? You find them derpy and I find the more suited then gil goblins or taunka as new race options as explained.

Lightforged and hm were a mistake, lets not repeat a wasted slot shall we?

The only difference is a more harrier face and the other one has fins, they could be cosmetic options for goblins and tauren respectively. Dont make it hard.

Lol, is the fine in the sense of your judment on a wotlk model?, which would be updated obviously silly. I would take walrus people over goblins any day tbh. They were fine in that time.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-03-27 at 05:40 PM.