1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Looking forward to a new build (hopefully) tonight! Bring on the customization pls
    Between now and the next 3 weeks until the expansion announcement, I am certainly looking forward to: 1). Today's Mage Tower and Epilogue chapter 2). Any potential "real leaks" or "more likely leaks" the closer we get to April 19th 3). Any new builds on the 9.2.5 PTR that could hint toward fun stuff to come!

I am disappointed that we never got the new soulbind and conduit stuff they talked about in the 9.2 video

They said “we want more horizontal progression” and one would think that meant more soulbinds which makes sense because each covenant has a major character that we would end up binding with and then we could end with the leaders

Instead we got…here’s 2 more passives and “empowered” conduits

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They would've easily been able to answer most of the questions you put up by now.
    It's always a trade-off, therefore if they haven't been able to answer these dilemmas yet it really means that it wasn't easy to begin with. Their first goal with WoD garrison was way more ambitious than what we ended up with in terms of location. Though limiting it to a single phased spot for everyone enabled to craft more comfortably events and features around the garrison.

I don't feel like they "abandoned" it as much as they faced technical and design constraints that they probably haven't solved yet in order to get back on housing.

People should stop seeing blizzard as a bunch of idiots that don't understand how their game works. They spend their week designing and crafting new gameplays and stories. I'm pretty sure they would love to get a version of housing into our hands. But we don't want this version to be half good, we will not enjoy it, we want them to aim for some well thought out housing that will take us time to discover and give us many opportunities to play with it, to fiddle with its limitations and to showcase the community's creativity, etc.

There is a lot surrounding such a feature technically and lot of expectations to satisfy

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    It's always a trade-off, therefore if they haven't been able to answer these dilemmas yet it really means that it wasn't easy to begin with. Their first goal with WoD garrison was way more ambitious than what we ended up with in terms of location. Though limiting it to a single phased spot for everyone enabled to craft more comfortably events and features around the garrison.

I don't feel like they "abandoned" it as much as they faced technical and design constraints that they probably haven't solved yet in order to get back on housing.

People should stop seeing blizzard as a bunch of idiots that don't understand how their game works. They spend their week designing and crafting new gameplays and stories. I'm pretty sure they would love to get a version of housing into our hands. But we don't want this version to be half good, we will not enjoy it, we want them to aim for some well thought out housing that will take us time to discover and give us many opportunities to play with it, to fiddle with its limitations and to showcase the community's creativity, etc.

There is a lot surrounding such a feature technically and lot of expectations to satisfy
    I don't think they're a bunch of idiots, but I do think the constraints they hit with garrisons in WoD, and WoD in general, were largely preventable and they should've seen them coming (which they have learnt from to an extent now, at least in terms of not overpromising too much or showing things too early on). I don't actually expect we'll see player housing soon for the reasons you mentioned, but I hope they'll consider it down the line, if only to make a nice place where our characters can retire as the game winds down.

Goodbye, Sylvanas. Have fun in Hell.

In other news, I welcome Calia, Queen of the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    I don’t get the “not ion” comment
    Ion notoriously doesn't (or didn't) transmog his (known) character's gear. This could be because he expressly wants others to see the mythic gear on his character, like the raiders during BC who would AFK outside the AH in SW/Org for people to admire them.

Messed around on PTR and they did indeed get rid of the Forsaken refugee NPCs in Orgrimmar. They are almost completely gone except for the heirloom vendor and the quartermaster, who are humorously sitting on top of the gate still but WITHOUT the props they used to have around them.

I hope they do the same with the Nelf/Worgen refugees in an upcoming build... any mention of Kalimdor actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    I don’t get the “not ion” comment

The dude has been lead during the best changes to transmog

Like is blaming him just a meme now??

Lightsabers are too rare must be because ion prefers Star Trek
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...anis/Gurgthock

That would be why.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Interesting that he seems to not be playing this patch, but he's probably fully onboard with 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyCheese View Post
    Interesting that he seems to not be playing this patch, but he's probably fully onboard with 10.0.
    He could also just be playing a different character.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Ion notoriously doesn't (or didn't) transmog his (known) character's gear. This could be because he expressly wants others to see the mythic gear on his character, like the raiders during BC who would AFK outside the AH in SW/Org for people to admire them.
    ah so its the internet being the internet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    well since he doesnt raid can we start seeing "ION HATES RAIDERS!!" posts

Sylvanas will be missed

Or guy who doesn't show interest in customization is not a first choice guy to develop customization.

Unless I am misremembering (more than likely), he does raid on patch launch but with a guild that doesn't know who he is. He talked about it during a Blizzcon some years ago, and said he enjoyed watching them figure out the encounters, and here and there dropping strategy hints to them. It struck me as kind of psycho/creepy, but dude likes raiding and deserves his privacy so he can enjoy the game in peace. It's almost certainly a completely different battle.net account because he's not dumb. I think he said he was a tank.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Or guy who doesn't show interest in customization is not a first choice guy to develop customization.

Unless I am misremembering (more than likely), he does raid on patch launch but with a guild that doesn't know who he is. He talked about it during a Blizzcon some years ago, and said he enjoyed watching them figure out the encounters, and here and there dropping strategy hints to them. It struck me as kind of psycho/creepy, but dude likes raiding and deserves his privacy so he can enjoy the game in peace. It's almost certainly a completely different battle.net account because he's not dumb. I think he said he was a tank.
    To me it doesn't sound psycho creepy at all, just a guy trying to keep his anonymity and letting others have fun figuring the encounter.

Also isn't it under him that we got the most customizations?
    AR, new options for many races, Tmog update in Legion im not sure if it was him or Chilton. But also a lot of customization specific cross gear type pieces (think thorghast shoulders and backs), racial sets for most races, 3D back items

If he doesn't use a system doesn't mean he doesnt see the relevance of it, proven by the customization options we got
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Sylvanas will be missed
    sure.. by some. Most people are sick and tired of her though.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I think the realistic problem with housing is it is a massive strain on the server storing that much data for what really is a cosmetic thing. Add to that how heavily themed wows environment objects are and it would require a massive retooling of assets to work properly.
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-03-29 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topics

1+ Year Old Account
    Epilogue is bugged. Don't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Sylvanas will be missed
    Yeah by my arcane barrage.

Seriously, good riddance. And I say that as someone who was a fan of hers, once. I am rather happy with this ending though. Its an actual work to redemption and not just a "Draenor is free" moment like I feared.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Epilogue is bugged. Don't do it!
    Hah. Also servers are up? I thought it was supposed to be a long maintenance day again.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Yeah by my arcane barrage.

Seriously, good riddance. And I say that as someone who was a fan of hers, once. I am rather happy with this ending though. Its an actual work to redemption and not just a "Draenor is free" moment like I feared.

Hah. Also servers are up? I thought it was supposed to be a long maintenance day again.
    Servers are UP and the cutscene for Epilogue is crashing/bugged

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    sure.. by some. Most people are sick and tired of her though.
    Hello there. I'm most people.

On a slightly related note Taliesin is sure Dark Rangers will be playable in some form in 10.0