10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    so we have that EoA leak with a few points in their favor

1. khadgar returns
    2. heritage weapons
    3. sun form for balance druids
    4. reindeer mount
    Eh, not really. That entire "leak" reads more like a wishlist than a genuine leak. There's way too much info and they put too much effort into formatting the post to look neat. I'm expecting the real leak to be poorly formatted with bad grammar and spelling errors.

1. Khadgar returning only makes sense and it's been at the forefront of multiple leaks since 2018 or so. People want Khadgar to come back so of course they're going to include that in their "leaks".

2. Heritage weapons have been known about for years now. Blizzard was originally planning to add them in 7.3.5, but they got scrapped. It's good to see them do something with them now but this is old news.

3. I don't know what that is, first time I'm hearing about it.

4. No idea what that is either.

EoA isn't a real leak. Even the acronym is stupid since it shares the acronym with a Legion dungeon (Eye of Azshara). What would the acronym even be short for here anyway? Eye of Alexstrasza? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    You mean the leak that said heritage weapons would be coming to vendors, when they are clearly not on vendors, said we would be getting a reindeer mount, when we are not getting a reindeer mount, but a sled mount, and there is clearly no customization for any of the races in 9.2.5?

Oh yeah, that is also the leak that for some reason decided Mag'har Orc Warlock would ever be a thing LMAO

It mentions all these things, yet it does not mention the continuation of Heritage Quests, which are CLOSELY linked to Heritage Weapons.

That leak is clearly fake.
    Don't forget how it somehow manages to miss the fact that SL season 4 will have Raids+.
    Seems like the kind of massive announcement that would overshadow pretty much anything since it's a feature that players have wanted for ages.

But hey, maybe this vaguely defined worker position the leaker has somehow knows intimate details of the next expansion, the cosmetics being added in the next patches, customization options, but is completely unaware of systems. Maybe the company BBQ went awry one time and the systems designers now work in a sealed bunker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    4. No idea what that is either.
    There is a datamined mount that looks exactly like the sleigh that flies around Ironforge and Orgrimmar during Winter Veil being added in 9.2.5.
    Reindeers are a part of it, but not really to the point where you would focus on that rather than it being Santa's sleigh.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well if you ask me every rework in Legion was dogshit. Too many skills were removed so that they can re-add them with artifact weapons. Leveling was completely gutted with sometimes 8 levels of nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I could see it happening and it would make quite a lot of sense. Basically an extension of race-specific druid forms. I think we already talked about how Ghostwolf only makes sense to orcs, so it should be replaced for others. This could lead to straight-up class skins. Blood Knight and Sunwalker for Paladins, Tidesage for Shamans. Dark Ranger for Hunters...yeah there could be a lot. Not sure where I would put Blademaster or Shadow Hunter, but they could also work.
    I could see Blademasters as Monks. They have a very similar style (blademasters and monk beads) they have a similar fighting style (more about dexterity and speed), Xuen and Niuzao could be replaced by elemental spirits/wolves. You could also have different ways to acquire class skins. Some could be nearly automatic or at least available in questing as soon as you roll your character. Others could be more complex.
    And yeah I'd like more customization in general. Even without class skins, so many things could be tweaked. E.g. you could select who your Demonic Tyrant would be as demo; warlocks did capture the Twin Eredar and imagine if you summoned Alythess instead of a random Eredar dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I know this invokes the worse parts of this thread . . .but do people here think class skins have any chance of being a feature they'd consider or even implement next xpac? I know people would love a new class but class skins would offer vastly more customization.
    I honestly have been putting some thought into this. With the Dark Ranger quest being worked on, the Blood Elf quest that resembles Blood Knight stuff, and the Tauren Sun Druid stuff in the leak, I can definitely see and get excited about if they chose to do this. Now am I wrong? I am almost 100% sure I am, but man it would be nice to have. I think it would liven the game up quite a bit. We only have 19 more days until we find out. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    I honestly have been putting some thought into this. With the Dark Ranger quest being worked on, the Blood Elf quest that resembles Blood Knight stuff, and the Tauren Sun Druid stuff in the leak, I can definitely see and get excited about if they chose to do this. Now am I wrong? I am almost 100% sure I am, but man it would be nice to have. I think it would liven the game up quite a bit. We only have 19 more days until we find out. lol
    I mean on one hand, it is SO MUCH WORK for the art team. On the other hand, the art team is usually months ahead of the rest of the teams.

I will add this. Much of the playerbase, I'd dare say probably the significant majority, enjoys customization. But Customization is far less effective return on investment if the game is not alt-friendly. The more alt-friendly you make the game, the more characters people play and they more time they invest on customizing them. I've friends in ESO who have 4-5 different characters and each of them has a fully furnished mansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    What would the acronym even be short for here anyway? Eye of Alexstrasza? Lol.
    Ear of Alexstrasza

On a slightly more serious note what is the general consensus now regarding the theme of the expansion? 9.2.5 seems to me to be super light on dragon stuff. In fact it has absolutely zero. It looks like a Northern EK expansion to me actually.
    I mean here are the developments of the patch:

- Sylvanas is not returning to Lordaeron so it will likely go to Calia and Lilian.
    - Anduin stays behind so the Alliance will be led by Lordaeron native Turalyon.
    - Gilnean King acts as the only good character.
    - Bolvar and Darion discuss the Scourge, which still kinda has a presence in the Plaguelands.
    - The regent lord of Quel'Thalas plans to talk with the former king.

Call it confirmation bias, but to me it looks like a Lordaeron - Gilneas - Quel'Thalas expansion.
    Granted the Dragon Isles are supposedly North of Lordaeron and West of Quel'Thalas. But they hardly seem to be the focus. I'm leaning towards a partial revamp.
    - Rework of the Forsaken zones with less focus on Sylvanas.
    - Lor'themar finally decides to be a king and rules over a revamped Quel'Thalas.
    - Gilneas becomes a proper Alliance zone with a funcitonal capital city. Maybe with a rebuilt Greymane Wall to discourage incursions by curious Forsaken.
    - A proper intro questline for the Death Knights
    - Maybe a small trip to the Dragon Isles.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean on one hand, it is SO MUCH WORK for the art team. On the other hand, the art team is usually months ahead of the rest of the teams.

I will add this. Much of the playerbase, I'd dare say probably the significant majority, enjoys customization. But Customization is far less effective return on investment if the game is not alt-friendly. The more alt-friendly you make the game, the more characters people play and they more time they invest on customizing them. I've friends in ESO who have 4-5 different characters and each of them has a fully furnished mansion.
    If only dual classes were possible. It could cut the number of characters you need by half.

Ear of Alexstrasza

On a slightly more serious note what is the general consensus now regarding the theme of the expansion? 9.2.5 seems to me to be super light on dragon stuff. In fact it has absolutely zero. It looks like a Northern EK expansion to me actually.
    I mean here are the developments of the patch:

- Sylvanas is not returning to Lordaeron so it will likely go to Calia and Lilian.
    - Anduin stays behind so the Alliance will be led by Lordaeron native Turalyon.
    - Gilnean King acts as the only good character.
    - Bolvar and Darion discuss the Scourge, which still kinda has a presence in the Plaguelands.
    - The regent lord of Quel'Thalas plans to talk with the former king.

Call it confirmation bias, but to me it looks like a Lordaeron - Gilneas - Quel'Thalas expansion.
    Granted the Dragon Isles are supposedly North of Lordaeron and West of Quel'Thalas. But they hardly seem to be the focus. I'm leaning towards a partial revamp.
    - Rework of the Forsaken zones with less focus on Sylvanas.
    - Lor'themar finally decides to be a king and rules over a revamped Quel'Thalas.
    - Gilneas becomes a proper Alliance zone with a funcitonal capital city. Maybe with a rebuilt Greymane Wall to discourage incursions by curious Forsaken.
    - A proper intro questline for the Death Knights
    - Maybe a small trip to the Dragon Isles.

- - - Updated - - -

If only dual classes were possible. It could cut the number of characters you need by half.
    Class changing on a cooldown. They are adding it to Diablo Immortal btw. Wish ESO had it, it's one of the few things that are tempting me to try FFXIV

And yeah, I'm also leaning on Lordaeron. And the Forsaken very much need a focus because their race is so heavily defined by Sylvanas. I really wonder, have they even changed their quotes/emotes? Even their flag is Sylvanas' face.

15+ Year Old Account

EoA isn't a real leak. Even the acronym is stupid since it shares the acronym with a Legion dungeon (Eye of Azshara). What would the acronym even be short for here anyway? Eye of Alexstrasza? Lol.
    Elephant of Agony

Eagle Over Alaska

Ecstasy Overture Armada

Entropy of Azeroth

Euphoria of Edgar Goodwin
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Elephant of Agony

Eagle Over Alaska

Ecstasy Overture Armada

Entropy of Azeroth

EoA was obviously meant to be Eroticism of Afrasiabi.

I'll show myself out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Elephant of Agony

Eagle Over Alaska

Ecstasy Overture Armada

Entropy of Azeroth

I like Elephant of Agony. That has to be it. What better way to top the Jailer as a villain than bringing in a literal Elephant of Agony to trample all over Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Next expansion theme and title confirmed..........

https://www.darklegacycomics.com/812

5+ Year Old Account
    Class changing on a cooldown. They are adding it to Diablo Immortal btw. Wish ESO had it, it's one of the few things that are tempting me to try FFXIV

And yeah, I'm also leaning on Lordaeron. And the Forsaken very much need a focus because their race is so heavily defined by Sylvanas. I really wonder, have they even changed their quotes/emotes? Even their flag is Sylvanas' face.
    Sylvanas face flag, bigass statue of Sylvie in Brill, "Dark Lady watch over you!" "Victory for Sylvanas". Yep, they need a paradigm change.

And yes the class change in FFXIV is awesome. Obviously you can't do it in combat or inside instances to make it fair. But it is very convenient. All professions and all classes on one character. The game isn't really alt friendly, but you don't really need alts.

As a side note they are in the process of reworking 2.0 main scenario a bit and a graphical update will come in 7.0 so if you haven't tried it yet, might as well wait till next expansion.

Explosion of Alexstrasza?

5+ Year Old Account
    I like Elephant of Agony. That has to be it. What better way to top the Jailer as a villain than bringing in a literal Elephant of Agony to trample all over Azeroth?
    I like that. Can we have signatures for that?

Ok dragons confirmed from convention in Istanbul and according to source it's extremely rushed expansion which seems like nothing new from blizz

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas face flag, bigass statue of Sylvie in Brill, "Dark Lady watch over you!" "Victory for Sylvanas". Yep, they need a paradigm change.

And yes the class change in FFXIV is awesome. Obviously you can't do it in combat or inside instances to make it fair. But it is very convenient. All professions and all classes on one character. The game isn't really alt friendly, but you don't really need alts.

As a side note they are in the process of reworking 2.0 main scenario a bit and a graphical update will come in 7.0 so if you haven't tried it yet, might as well wait till next expansion.
    The only reason I would like a "swap your class" or "get a second class" feature would be to get my 3 missing MoP CM gold sets. Besides that, I rather would them have focus and going all in on alt-friendlyness instead. Creating, leveling and customizing a new character is the best feature of a MMO imo and it needs to stand on it's own as it is the first thing new players will experience when starting the game.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warferno View Post
    Ok dragons confirmed from convention in Istanbul and according to source it's extremely rushed expansion which seems like nothing new from blizz
    I may need a bit more sauce. A spicy one please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The only reason I would like a "swap your class" or "get a second class" feature would be to get my 3 missing MoP CM gold sets. Besides that, I rather would them have focus and going all in on alt-friendlyness instead. Creating, leveling and customizing a new character is the best feature of a MMO imo and it needs to stand on it's own as it is the first thing new players will experience when starting the game.
    Oh and I forgot - they really need to increase the max character limit. Maybe make it so that if you have 50 max level chars already you can create 5 more or something, in batches to avoid flooding realms with dead lvl 1 chars.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

5+ Year Old Account
    That's fair. In any given RPG character creation is a vital part. The more tools I have, the happier I am. Even if I can't use said tools effectively (Looking at you, BDO)

Oh and I forgot - they really need to increase the max character limit. Maybe make it so that if you have 50 max level chars already you can create 5 more or something, in batches to avoid flooding realms with dead lvl 1 chars.
    Honestly what I really would love is if they could find a way to allow us to mod the login screen. Having dozens of characters in one server makes the login screen so messy.