I'd love to see Azshara team up with Denathrius, there's something about them that I think would very well together

Quote Originally Posted by Elflover99 View Post
    I will admit that one thing against the idea is that San'layn and Dark Ranger have very different aesthetics, so it would be difficult to connect them with one heritage armor or mount. Unless they focus on one or the other (likely Dark Ranger) and just use the other as an excuse for more class options.

Racials too. A Dark Ranger going banshee mode to fly around would be cool, and wailing arrow would be a great racial ability, but how would that fit San'layn?

I'd say Blizzard doesn't really care about San'layn... but they keep coming back and they seem to understand they are popular.
    Oh man, I'd *kill* for a Darkfallen race/Dark Ranger class skin that had a banshee-mode flying mount.

While Blizzard has been very inconsistent in how they implement heritage armor, Mag'har for example have 3 different color tints available to use, and Blood Elves have both a robe and a tunic-and-pants variant of their heritage armor. I don't think it's a stretch for Blizzard to add both a Dark Ranger-themed heritage set and a Blood Prince-style heritage set to a potential Darkfallen race. Then if you play a hunter, rogue, or are wearing the dark ranger set, your character can be interpreted as being a dark ranger; and if you're playing a mage, warlock, or using the blood prince themed set, your character can be interpreted as being a San'layn, but both using the same base Darkfallen race.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the Sylvanas book retconning San'layn and Dark Rangers/Sylvanas into being a subrace of elves called Darkfallen, I think it's very likely going to be the preorder bonus for 10.0. Also kind of a funny thing to release after Shadowlands but it makes sense to release them AFTER Sylvanas is gone.

Do we think it's going to be an AR (which would explain why they tied Dark Rangers to San'layn, for extra classes) or just customization? And if the Night Elves from Teldrassil count as Darkfallen, how will they be playable? Two different ARs?

Not to mention Calia rezzing the dead with her naaru friend may make an "opposite" race for the Darkfallen. Lightsomething (not forged) undead using the human rig.
    Darkfallen is definitely going to be the next AR and I imagine it will be added in 9.2.5. I'm getting end-of-Legion vibes from this (you know, when they added VE, LF, NB, etc.).

And as was the case with the ARs added near the end of Legion, they had pretty much nothing to do with the expansion that came after... So I wouldn't try too hard to connect Darkfallen to the next expansion. It's just a gift for all the Sylvanas fanboys and fangirls so they can create their own little Sylvanas copies now that she's out of the picture.

As for the Alliance AR, as you said, some kind of Light Undead like Calia would make sense to add as the Darkfallen equivalent. They'll probably call it something silly like "Lightwalker" because Calia keeps going on and on about "walking in the Light".

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    That's why it doesn't make sense.
    You can't have different models for one race.
    It does make sense if they add a Darkfallen race for both factions. Nelf and Belf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    As for the Alliance AR, as you said, some kind of Light Undead like Calia would make sense to add as the Darkfallen equivalent. They'll probably call it something silly like "Lightwalker" because Calia keeps going on and on about "walking in the Light".
    I'm starting to think Calia's thing wont be an AR as the Alliance would just get "Night Elf Darkfallen" that have the same abilities as the belves.

HOWEVER, they could do four races. Alliance gets Darkfallen Nelf and Lightwalker Human, and then Horde gets Darkfallen Belf and Lightwalker Forsaken.

But I think it's more likely just going to be the two Darkfallen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    .That's why it doesn't make sense.
    You can't have different models for one race.
    Technically Worgen already do... And originally Kul Tirans were meant to have a toggle option to play as the skinnier version.

Technically Worgen already do... And originally Kul Tirans were meant to have a toggle option to play as the skinnier version.
    I think they will add something similar to Kul Tirans to get more people to play them, but where did that idea come from? The skinnys don't even have a female version.

It does make sense if they add a Darkfallen race for both factions. Nelf and Belf.
    That's two races. Two different models.

I'm starting to think Calia's thing wont be an AR as the Alliance would just get "Night Elf Darkfallen" that have the same abilities as the belves.

HOWEVER, they could do four races. Alliance gets Darkfallen Nelf and Lightwalker Human, and then Horde gets Darkfallen Belf and Lightwalker Forsaken.

But I think it's more likely just going to be the two Darkfallen.
    Dude, do you even follow the story? Calia and Derek joined the Horde. And, unlike the Night elven Dark Rangers (which is a class, by the way) they have unique customization options, like hairstyles unpresent in humans.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I saw this suggested earlier but AFAIK, the Night Elves that Sylvanas killed and resurrected are aligned with the Forsaken. So it wouldn't make sense to give them to the Alliance if they're still canonically aligned with the Horde, right?

Don't get me wrong, it would be cool though. And maybe now that Sylvanas is out of the way, maybe their allegiances have shifted.

Darkfallen are just Blood Elf DKs. Playable since 2008.

SL wasted our time.

Wasting Nazjatar on a patch zone annoys me quite a bit though. People had such great ideas for Nazjatar as an expansion zone and then they went and turned it into a pretty mediocre patch zone with one raid, lol.

It's funnier (sadder?) that they even solved the biggest argument against a Nazjatar expansion when they came up with creating the sinkhole (or whatever it's called) so the zone wouldn't be underwater anymore. People were always hesitant about a Naga expansion because they thought it would be underwater like Vashj'ir, but as we saw it didn't have to be that way at all.
    Really I thought that removing the water was the worst decision the could have possibly made to Nazjatar as it just turned it into another zone like all others.
    Nazjatar should have been dark and imposing, with predatory fish and octopi swimming all around us. Instead it just ended up a zone where there were conveniently a whole lot of underwater organisms who just happened to walk on the seafloor no problem. Not to mention that the lack of water just meant that the zone could not really explore verticality like Vashj'ir did.

Though of course, it was really Hearthstone that showed how a Nazjatar expansion should look. An extremely hostile enviroment, filled with ancient and giant beasts, bioluminescent scenery lighting up the dim underwater areas. Only small isolated areas where you can be truly safe.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I saw this suggested earlier but AFAIK, the Night Elves that Sylvanas killed and resurrected are aligned with the Forsaken. So it wouldn't make sense to give them to the Alliance if they're still canonically aligned with the Horde, right?

Don't get me wrong, it would be cool though. And maybe now that Sylvanas is out of the way, maybe their allegiances have shifted.
    They were working for Sylvanas until 8.2.5 and then had nothing to do but mope. Last we saw, Calia took them... somewhere, to help them adjust.

Considering they were Sylvanas aligned more than Horde aligned, and this was just because of Sylvanas/Jailer lies and manipulation, I think they will just get kicked back to the Alliance to help them with their newfound Darkfallen powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

Where are the red eyes?

They were allied with Sylvanas because BfA played up how they were essentially being brainwashed into killing their own family. Though of course, now that the story is dedicated to downplaying Sylvanas' evil deeds maybe they will re-retcon it into them being totally onboard with the Forsaken cause, otherwise there isnt really anything to stop them from going back to the Alliance.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

Considering the book mentions that they don't decay and have red eyes, no. Both are undead elves, but the Darkfallen are like the commanders and elite troops while the DKs are the soldiers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Getting Azshara away from N'zoth was one of the best things about BFA imo. She is a much more interesting character when she isn't a henchman tied to a cthulu, and now she is free to go attack Kalimdor or whatever she wants.
    Yeah that part is great, I agree. But turning Naz'jatar, one of the most popular speculated expansion settings into a brown, garbage filled daily quest grind zone, was a sin.
    Also that weird shit of Ny'alotha being a dream version of a possible future or some shit...why?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They were allied with Sylvanas because BfA played up how they were essentially being brainwashed into killing their own family. Though of course, now that the story is dedicated to downplaying Sylvanas' evil deeds maybe they will re-retcon it into them being totally onboard with the Forsaken cause, otherwise there isnt really anything to stop them from going back to the Alliance.
    Makes way more sense that Calia just sends them back, especially now that Tyrande is chill and would absolutely take them back in.

Since their inception Nelf Darkfallen just was an excuse to have an Alliance race that could be Dark Rangers, so it makes sense for them to become the Alliance option for Darkfallen IMO. I know people were butthurt about their existence in BFA but when they popped up it started to click for me why they existed in the first place.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Really I thought that removing the water was the worst decision the could have possibly made to Nazjatar as it just turned it into another zone like all others.
    Nazjatar should have been dark and imposing, with predatory fish and octopi swimming all around us. Instead it just ended up a zone where there were conveniently a whole lot of underwater organisms who just happened to walk on the seafloor no problem. Not to mention that the lack of water just meant that the zone could not really explore verticality like Vashj'ir did.

Though of course, it was really Hearthstone that showed how a Nazjatar expansion should look. An extremely hostile enviroment, filled with ancient and giant beasts, bioluminescent scenery lighting up the dim underwater areas. Only small isolated areas where you can be truly safe.
    This THIS. Fucking THIS. All of this.

Technically Worgen already do...
    Because they transform. Are you telling me you're gonna transform between Blood elven and Night elven?

And originally Kul Tirans were meant to have a toggle option to play as the skinnier version.
    They didn't. It was players' speculation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Makes way more sense that Calia just sends them back, especially now that Tyrande is chill and would absolutely take them back in.

Since their inception Nelf Darkfallen just was an excuse to have an Alliance race that could be Dark Rangers, so it makes sense for them to become the Alliance option for Darkfallen IMO. I know people were butthurt about their existence in BFA but when they popped up it started to click for me why they existed in the first place.
    Well yeah. And why on earth would you give undead elves to the Alliance if not to include Dark Rangers? Basic logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, the replies have kind of sold me on Darkfallen being potentially available for both factions (if it gets added). Which is good, because I would much rather get Darkfallen Night Elves for Alliance than weird Calia-looking things. I never liked the way her model looks, it's creepy (and not in an impressive kind of way).