Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Though, at this point you can barely make out the train anymore.
    I can't think of a metaphor more apt. This time around has been absolutely fucking mental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I'm one of the perverts who liked Vash'ir, so this makes me sad. Unique zones are the best kind.
    I almost always choose leveling in Vashj'ir over Hyjal. I adore those (mini) zones.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I almost always choose leveling in Vashj'ir over Hyjal. I adore those (mini) zones.
    High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Evil dragons, Knaifu who took over the Titan facility, reanimated Galakrond.
    I mean, don't we expect this to be a breather expansion that reconnects us whit what should be about? Fighting the Bad Army of Light coming from AU Draenor does not really sound like that.
    Knaifu WAS impressed with Galakrond and suggested it was the Old Gods' work.

Like trash leading to bosses in raids, Blizzard's expansion features tend to give us a preview of what they'll do (or continue) in the follow-up expansion. That said, I can see them, as many have mentioned, extending the idea of "choose a covenant" into "choose a dragonflight".

However, if ANY player power is attached to dragonflight choice -- say I main a Ret Paladin and prefer the cosmetics/collectibles of the Blue flight, but the special ability of the Bronze flight is "ideal" (read: required for optimal gameplay) for a Ret Paladin -- I'm out. Similarly, if there is ANY form of AP/anima -- call it Aspect Power, Alexstrasza Power, whatever -- I'm 90% sure I'm out.

Fingers crossed that the "Dragonflight" leak from February posted here is true and it's all cosmetic...but there's plenty of precedent with Blizzard's design choices to think that's not likely.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2022-04-03 at 01:19 PM.
    Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post

Do somebody recognize the „logo“ or „Seneca“
    Of all the Seneca logos I can find on Google, it looks the most similar to the "Seneca Nation of Indians" logo, but that doesn't really make any sense.

Doubt that would actually tell us anything about the validity of the leak though. And I don't wanna accidentally doxx anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    Like trash leading to bosses in raids, Blizzard's expansion features tend to give us a preview of what they'll do (or continue) in the follow-up expansion. That said, I can see them, as many have mentioned, extending the idea of "choose a covenant" into "choose a dragonflight".

However, if ANY player power is attached to your dragonflight choice -- say I main a Ret Paladin and prefer the cosmetics/collectibles of the Blue flight, but the special ability of the Bronze flight is "ideal" (read: required for optimal gameplay) for a Ret Paladin -- I'm out. Similarly, if there is ANY form of AP/anima -- call it Aspect Power, Alexstrasza Power, whatever -- I'm 90% sure I'm out.

I am 99% Sure they will not attach player power (or any borrowed power) to a system like this ever again after the backslash they got from SL. But a "collect ressource A for buying cosmetics, empowering non-player power systems" like we had with AP, anima and cyphers we will get with every expansion going forward I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly the games that manage to pull time travel or the afterlife well (not even great, well) are likely less than a dozen. Thinking they could pull it off in an MMORPG that is extremely challenging narratively is either the height of arrogance or just further proof that to the majority of the team the story is a minor concern and all they care is about EPIC theme park.
    Yea true.. but I think the MMO part isn't even the most limiting factor. It's being an MMO with little to no means of conveying story that makes this an insurmountable task. You could maybe pull it off in a game that has a decent story focus like SW:TOR or FFXIV, but when you tell 90% of your story in a total of less than 2h of cutscenes for a whole expansion, while questing is overwhelmingly just busy work with a few voice lines here or there, then pulling off these kind of stories is.. challenging, to say the least.

But I fully agree, across all media the franchises that managed to pull off time travel are few and far between, doing something engaging with the afterlife is probably even rarer. Messing with divine realms depends a bit on how you set up your cosmology. You average asian comic can probably incorporate it better, since it goes with the classical sense of divine beings constantly messing with mortals out of boredom, it works less if you have them as an actual gods that cba to be around for 99.9% of the time and suddenly you give them high fives while mowing their lawn for colored gear rewards.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Of all the Seneca logos I can find on Google, it looks the most similar to the "Seneca Nation of Indians" logo, but that doesn't really make any sense.

Doubt that would actually tell us anything about the validity of the leak though. And I don't wanna accidentally doxx anyone.
    Yeah, I dont think we will get any information on the expansion by persuing this lead other then probably doxxing the leaker, so lets not persue this more.

7+ Year Old Account
    This appears to be a completely original art piece, so if it is fake, it would have to one of the more expensive fakes as I imagine a painting of this quality wouldn't be cheap to commission.

Furthermore, there are DNS certificates for the domain dragonflight.blizzard.com, as reported on the front page of MMOC.
    Yeah ,its suspicious, the art is looking very good, it sure could be a fanart but seems very expensive for a throw away gag, unless, it was something already done and the person amde a mix. The art seems like shadowlands stuff with bolvar if you ask me.

Apart from the art, you have Alextrasza, we all know Danuser, and after Sylvanas is out they need another main girl... She also seems to have a different armor that is not showing much skin, which totally go with the "new blizzard" way of handling female characters.

The logo is weird, but shadowlands logo was already weird to me, so i guess they are going this way, but the name is garbage. Unless someone do a reverse search to see if the image was old i think this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    It was fun, ambitious, and novel.

All the things the WoW playerbase hates most!

Question not directly related to this discussion, but did anyone actually see the new Hillsbrad skybox themselves outside of the person that posted it in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

The logo is weird, but shadowlands logo was already weird to me, so i guess they are going this way, but the name is garbage. Unless someone do a reverse search to see if the image was old i think this is it.
    What is off is mostly that the Exp name does not have a backgraphic. But Thats not the first time blizzard is doing it (Classic and Classic BC also does not have backgraphics for the exp name / Classic text). And the name is basically 100% true (unless the code does use a abbreviated form of the real name and its supposed to be something like "Rise of the Dragonflight" or "Return of the Dragonflight"

Quote Originally Posted by ZyntosAran View Post
    Yeah, I dont think we will get any information on the expansion by persuing this lead other then probably doxxing the leaker, so lets not persue this more.
    Yeah, i don't think this has anything to do with WoW. Probably not even Blizzard.

Seems that desk might be used by someone who does color grading/inking, based on stuff on the wall and what's lying around. The logo kind of reminds me of an art magazine or somesuch.
    Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

Boy i can't imagine just how badly Danuser is going to deal with Alexstraza after having to vault his waifu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Question not directly related to this discussion, but did anyone actually see the new Hillsbrad skybox themselves outside of the person that posted it in this thread?
    If it was something on the PTR, nope.

A bit of an off-topic, but do all new threads have to be approved by moderators now? I'm trying to create thread with a poll about what people consider the best expansion name(from already released expansions, meaning without Dragonflight in the options) and it just doesn't show up...
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I did. You had to fly into specific areas, mainly south of that forsaken facility in Hillsbrad. The skybox would remain and turn green as you fly to Southshore, and then gradually revert back to the old skybox. So yes, the new skybox was real and I vouch for it!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Knaifu WAS impressed with Galakrond and suggested it was the Old Gods' work.
    See? If it fits, it fits.