7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh, back when we had sub numbers we could see in multiple expacs people subbing, doing the leveling content and then after a while unsubbing. So I am very much unsure that players only enjoy endgame. Perhaps the only players left are those who enjoy endgame.

I for one would love to get full zones of story after launch. And we sort of do but it is extremely timegated so you don't really get to enjoy it because it feels less like playing a game and more like watching a weekly TV series. "This week in Wow!"

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine if you will if each xpac revamped a few zones and those zones were enough to level a new alt. You now have original content to do with alts.
    Removing leveling wouldn't remove full zones of story after launch though. All it would change is that you would have to do it once on your main, while being able to skip it on your alts which is the best of both worlds. Honestly they didn't tried to get people into alts since Legion and I really hope this changes again with 10.0. End of Shadowlands was a good start but now that you can change Covenants freely there is not incentive to play more than one char sadly.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Removing leveling wouldn't remove full zones of story after launch though. All it would change is that you would have to do it once on your main, while being able to skip it on your alts which is the best of both worlds. Honestly they didn't tried to get people into alts since Legion and I really hope this changes again with 10.0. End of Shadowlands was a good start but now that you can change Covenants freely there is not incentive to play more than one char sadly.
    If you want to get people into alts, you need to offer a unique experience on alts. Skipping the story doesn't really do that. Legion did it not only because it offered class specific stories that were covered in fanservice, they also had amazing rewards; artifact mogs were gorgeous, beautiful tier sets, unique mounts, FOMO that is not on a fucking daily cooldown but rather gives you two years (But you know after you WILL be missing out).

Helped that especially by 7.3 most specs played pretty well and the power fantasy was on steroids.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-04-08 at 09:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That doesn't sound like babby Brad Pitt Anduin from the cinematics, so I have to condemn your taste.
    That's CGIduin.
    Gameduin looks like somebody mixed a Roblox character with a social media fuckboy.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That's CGIduin.
    Gameduin looks like somebody mixed a Roblox character with a social media fuckboy.
    Every time I see Anduin I still remember Dark Legacy Comics when the gnome war kept shoving him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be honest, folks, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather see 30 pages of why Tinker should be the next WoW class than read about why Black is a "problematic" word by American twitter users who have zero moral and intellectual fiber, and whose entire self-worth is measured by how much their bigotry is corroborated on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I'm going to be honest, folks, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather see 30 pages of why Tinker should be the next WoW class than read about why Black is a "problematic" word by American twitter users who have zero moral and intellectual fiber, and whose entire self-worth is measured by how much their bigotry is corroborated on twitter.
    The thing is, just because fake woke people exist, doesn't mean representation doesn't matter.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, just because fake woke people exist, doesn't mean representation doesn't matter.
    Resident Twitter user here who follows mostly extremely Leftist WoW people and leftists in general.

No one actually complains about the Black Dragonflight's name.

And that's as political as I'll ever get on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Representation has nothing to do with this.

And there's no such thing as "true woke people". Do you reckon that people who are genuinely immersed in the struggle for human rights spend their time online atop their high horses, trying to lecture people on their biases, while ironically and willingly remaining obtuse to their own bigotry?

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Resident Twitter user here who follows mostly extremely Leftist WoW people and leftists in general.

No one actually complains about the Black Dragonflight's name.

And that's as political as I'll ever get on here.
    Oh yeah, that particular line of thought was probably someone trying to make fun of woke culture without any proof that anyone actually had an issue with it. Which is telling on who has lost contact with reality in the debate.

I still want them try and make more characters of color going forward. Which they will probably do, I mean we were stuck in an xpac about immortal races in a different plane of existence. Now if we get a revamp and do world building then that's the time to build many new characters and they can make a point of adding diversity there.

I also want more black elves. Damn they look good.

The difference is the topic came and went. The most passionate person about the topic is you.

Also, nobody said that. It's a strawman introduced by the exact opposite group out of mockery. The furthest we got was Obsidian sounding cooler, which it factually does.

I mean, unless you want to try dragging this out for 30 pages by whining. By that point I'll agree with you about preferring Tinkers.

Also, implying those 30 pages wouldn't still be happening in addition to this.

Oh yeah, that particular line of thought was probably someone trying to make fun of woke culture without any proof that anyone actually had an issue with it. Which is telling on who has lost contact with reality in the debate.

I still want them try and make more characters of color going forward. Which they will probably do, I mean we were stuck in an xpac about immortal races in a different plane of existence. Now if we get a revamp and do world building then that's the time to build many new characters and they can make a point of adding diversity there.

I also want more black elves. Damn they look good.
    Agreed on all counts.

Had a thought on housing that IDK if anyone spoke about because I can't keep up on this thread when I'm asleep.

But I hope if we get it, it's account wide. As I'd want the house on my rogue, but if I spend an expack playing a different character more than her I'd want that character to be able to contribute cool stuff to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That's the current state of affairs, but there's still no canon black character of any consequence who isn't a bandit or a dragon. I'm surprised that Twitter hasn't gone on a jihad over it or over the fact that all good stems a blue-eyed blonde man from a hereditary monarchy.
    The tidesage representative in Stormsong valley is black, and he is as upstanding as they come.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It all started with The Problem of The Black Dragonflight that could be linked that Black People will feel insulted because of the bad Things the Black Dragonflight did.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-09 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Removed spam image

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    The difference is the topic came and went. The most passionate person about the topic is you.

Also, nobody said that. It's a strawman introduced by the exact opposite group out of mockery. The furthest we got was Obsidian sounding cooler, which it factually does.

I mean, unless you want to try dragging this out for 30 pages by whining. By that point I'll agree with you about preferring Tinkers.

Truth be told, given that we are probably getting reputations or Renown factions for each flight, it is actually a decent question. How will they name the flights? They use so many different color identifiers for them. I went for Obsidian because that's how the Sanctum and Dragonshrine in Dragonblight are called. They use Ruby, Red and even Vermillion for the Reds. Blue also gets Azure.

10+ Year Old Account

Are you certain? Because I can trace the conversation a few pages back quite quickly.

And you're entirely correct. I am, or rather, I do get passionate about such subjects, in a negative fashion.

Also, you're using "factually" like people use "literally". It's wrong. A few people agreeing that Obsidian sounds cooler doesn't make it anything more than the subjective opinion and agreement by a group of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Truth be told, given that we are probably getting reputations or Renown factions for each flight, it is actually a decent question. How will they name the flights? They use so many different color identifiers for them. I went for Obsidian because that's how the Sanctum and Dragonshrine in Dragonblight are called. They use Ruby, Red and even Vermillion for the Reds. Blue also gets Azure.
    We already have designations for both the major and lesser flights.

If you want to get people into alts, you need to offer a unique experience on alts. Skipping the story doesn't really do that. Legion did it not only because it offered class specific stories that were covered in fanservice, they also had amazing rewards; artifact mogs were gorgeous, beautiful tier sets, unique mounts, FOMO that is not on a fucking daily cooldown but rather gives you two years (But you know after you WILL be missing out).

Helped that especially by 7.3 most specs played pretty well and the power fantasy was on steroids.
    Looking back over the expansions since Legion, I really do have to wonder whether class specific armor sets really was the secret ingredient to making alts enjoyable. While it might not be true for everyone, I know I definitely put way more into levelling and gearing alts if I knew that they would get a unique look as a reward. Legion especially tripled down on this by having Artifact weapons and Class mounts, but really I think it was the Antorus sets that really convinced me that I wanted to play more specs.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    It all started with The Problem of The Black Dragonflight that could be linked that Black People will feel insulted because of the bad Things the Black Dragonflight did.

--- snip ---
    I admit it reminded me of the issue in D&D with the drow (which maddens me because the actual issue with the Drow is the misogyny behind them, not the imaginary racism).
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-09 at 02:16 AM.

l
    Also, you're using "factually" like people use "literally". It's wrong. A few people agreeing that Obsidian sounds cooler doesn't make it anything else but the subjective opinion and agreement by a group of people.
    Of course it isn't an empirical fact. The concept of humor must be foreign to you.

...just like the concept of taste must be foreign to people who prefer the name Black over Obsidian, which is factually wrong and the objectively wrong opinion HEH GOTTEEEEEM

Also, you're using "factually" like people use "literally". It's wrong. A few people agreeing that Obsidian sounds cooler doesn't make it anything more than the subjective opinion and agreement by a group of people.
    It's not wrong, it's hyperbolic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it isn't an empirical fact. The concept of humor must be foreign to you.

...just like the concept of taste must be foreign to people who prefer the name Black over Obsidian, which is factually wrong and the objectively wrong opinion HEH GOTTEEEEEM
    I think you're entirely correct. It is quite foreign to me.