Also, could we perhaps get NEW flights? We have access to the Pantheon now. Yet Golganneth and Aggramar never provided their blessing on a flight. So we could get two new flights. We could get the Storm flight under Thrymjaris get the blessing of Golganneth. And maybe the Netherwing could become a proper flight as well (though they don't really match Aggramar).

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Looking back over the expansions since Legion, I really do have to wonder whether class specific armor sets really was the secret ingredient to making alts enjoyable. While it might not be true for everyone, I know I definitely put way more into levelling and gearing alts if I knew that they would get a unique look as a reward. Legion especially tripled down on this by having Artifact weapons and Class mounts, but really I think it was the Antorus sets that really convinced me that I wanted to play more specs.
    It was Artifact weapons, and then hidden appearances for those and then the class mount and then the mage tower.

People want rewards. And I'll say something controversial yet brave. That Legendary toast felt so rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Also, could we perhaps get NEW flights? We have access to the Pantheon now. Yet Golganneth and Aggramar never provided their blessing on a flight. So we could get two new flights. We could get the Storm flight under Thrymjaris get the blessing of Golganneth. And maybe the Netherwing could become a proper flight as well (though they don't really match Aggramar).
    Did having old flights actually do anything of value? Literally none of them managed to actually protect any of the shit they were assigned to protect, and three of the five of them are significant threats endangering what they were supposed to be protecting. The biggest accomplishment done with the power of the Aspects was stopping one of the Aspects.

It seems to me like there's not really much need for them to exist or for new ones to be established.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Did having old flights actually do anything of value? Literally none of them managed to actually protect any of the shit they were assigned to protect, and three of the five of them are significant threats endangering what they were supposed to be protecting. The biggest accomplishment done with the power of the Aspects was stopping one of the Aspects.

It seems to me like there's not really much need for them to exist or for new ones to be established.
    The thing is, given how messed up the planet is, perhaps they need to actually get their powers back AND DO THEIR FUCKING JOB for once instead of flirting with mortals.

What's up with the weird American woke focus today? You don't see them shoving jews, slavs and gypsies in everything either, yet those suffered far worse than black people ever did. And it's often conveniently forgotten that they happily participated in the trade themselves; why feed a prisoner or keep a rebellious slave when you can sell him for rare goods from the distant north? It even saves you the hassle of potentially having to kill him.

It all seems like a poor distraction from the present day American wage slaves having it yet worse; at least slaves were valued as posessions, fed, housed and given medical treatment to preserve their value.
    More soldiers died on those ships than slaves; little value was lost with a dead soldier, but goods must arrive intact.

Such a strange cultural mania.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Damn, Jeff Hamilton was in charge of all the fun trinkets in SL/BfA and the Corruption effects which were quite based. Also, the perma-Maw upgrades and the updated Vault (maybe?). Big loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    What's up with the weird American woke focus today? You don't see them shoving jews, slavs and gypsies in everything either, yet those suffered far worse than black people ever did. And it's often conveniently forgotten that they happily participated in the trade themselves; why feed a prisoner or keep a rebellious slave when you can sell him for rare goods from the distant north? It even saves you the hassle of potentially having to kill him.

It all seems like a poor distraction from the present day American wage slaves having it yet worse; at least slaves were valued as posessions, fed, housed and given medical treatment to preserve their value.
    More soldiers died on those ships than slaves; little value was lost with a dead soldier, but goods must arrive intact.

Such a strange cultural mania.
    Slavery being a choice is such a Gamer take. Not surprised to see something so stupid in this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, given how messed up the planet is, perhaps they need to actually get their powers back AND DO THEIR FUCKING JOB for once instead of flirting with mortals.
    It would probably help if the next time Aman'thul didn't involve them in some weird half assed prophecy.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    What's up with the weird American woke focus today?
    Its all fine

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-09 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Removed spam image

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Damn, Jeff Hamilton was in charge of all the fun trinkets in SL/BfA and the Corruption effects which were quite based. Also, the perma-Maw upgrades and the updated Vault (maybe?). Big loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Slavery being a choice is such a Gamer take. Not surprised to see something so stupid in this thread.
    Well, it seems like he wasn't the only one working on cantrip weapons so his legacy will live on.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to be an armchair moderator but can we please get back to a topic that is at the very least semi-related to the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    I don't want to be an armchair moderator but can we please get back to a topic that is at the very least semi-related to the thread?
    So anyone else feels that Dragonflight might be the best time to give us FLIGHT. Like flight without mounts. Give us dragon wing cosmetics on the back slot that we can use to glide around or even fly out of combat

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It would probably help if the next time Aman'thul didn't involve them in some weird half assed prophecy.
    Have we ever had a prophecy in WoW that didn't make things actively worse?

Even Thrall's foretold salvation of the Orcs went over like a fart in church post-retcons and Garrosh. The Maw Walker appeared but it was after everything went tits up at the hands of a guy made by the same people making the prophecy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now that we got our weekly dose of incredibly dumb reactionary takes, could we move that shitfest to Gen-OT and keep this thread on course?

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    So anyone else feels that Dragonflight might be the best time to give us FLIGHT. Like flight without mounts. Give us dragon wing cosmetics on the back slot that we can use to glide around or even fly out of combat
    If we get a dragon race or class, I bet that one of their racials/class unique mounts will be straight up wings.

If we do get a dragon race or class and this does not happen, I will eat pant live on stream.

Please.

Or things like powered goblin glider cloaks. That would be pretty awesome for engineers to sell >.>

If we get a dragon race or class, I bet that one of their racials/class unique mounts will be straight up wings.

If we do get a dragon race or class and this does not happen, I will eat pant live on stream.
    As I said, I want a dragon race that is its own class.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

...How did you get "slavery is a choice" from all that?
    That's some mental gymnastics right there.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I want 2 things: Wings ala demon hunters to fly on (and let DH fly on theirs) and a 2 seater mount form like the one alchemy mount

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I want 2 things: Wings ala demon hunters to fly on (and let DH fly on theirs) and a 2 seater mount form like the one alchemy mount
    This would be really cool. Hopefully our mount form would be customizable as well.

As I said, I want a dragon race that is its own class.
    You want Beornings (from LOTRO).

Their implementation was good.