7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, we did. As early as WotLK, we even got explicitly called out and told to skip the normal process because of who we are.

Frankly, i'm baffled this myth still holds. WoW did that kind of thing before FF14 even released. It's the community pretending the PCs are just "normal people". Blizz hasn't treated them as such for a very long time.
    I think this more refers to us not being referred to as a chosen one, but instead we started off as normal adventurers and earned titles along the way.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Question for the thread (side tangent):

What is your favorite expansion continent? Or, if you want to be more specific, zone?
    Answering my own question, it's actually VERY hard. It depends on which direction I want to come from:

Nostalgia: Outland. This was my very first time playing World of Warcraft and I LOVED the feeling of the Dark Portal, Hellfire Peninsula, the skybox, and of course, the beauty of Nagrand.

Favorite place to explore: Zandalar AND Kul'Tiras. Believe it or not, I actually love the aesthetic of these zones. The towns, cities, zones, all of it.

Favorite leveling: Draenor. Loved the linear story-telling, cutscenes, and flow.

Favorite expansion: Legion. I loved everything about Legion. I miss it A LOT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Did you just copy that other (nice) dude's username and post absolute garbage?

But why?
    Just ignore

They did it to scaleface (named it Scailface) too

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedril View Post
    I can definitely see this for the males, but if this is the new race then I cannot wait to see how they'll manage to sex-ify female Drakonids and somehow make them less than half the width of the males. Lizards don't have tits, blizz!
    At least Sethrak High Arakkoa didn't have them, right?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I think this more refers to us not being referred to as a chosen one, but instead we started off as normal adventurers and earned titles along the way.
    Oh, sure, we earned our special treatment. But we still get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Me too! Wow im so proud of myself. Pretty weird time for a reveal. 18:00 is not ideal for EU, but NA has it even worse. 09:00 in the morning? What.
    Maybe they are revealing it eary to leave time to get Alpha up that day?

10+ Year Old Account

What is your favorite expansion continent? Or, if you want to be more specific, zone?
    Kul’Tiras. Absolutely fell in love with it in BFA.

I hope to see Undermine someday…..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    The R and the of are diffferent too
    Yeah, only World is different. World revamp confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    The "World logo" revamp means ... World revamp !
    Ah you beat me to it by 28 hours.

7+ Year Old Account

Continent: Broken Isles
    Zone: Eversong Woods.

Broken Isles is self-explanatory.

Eversong, while also self-explanatory, holds an extra special place in my heart as its the zone i got to experience for the first time.
    And with 'experience' i mean 8 years old me aimlessly runing around, not being able to control the camera and basically holding this expression for the whole time:

Until i reached Ghostlands, which was upsolutely absolutely horrifying for me back then.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-04-13 at 09:35 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Did you just copy that other (nice) dude's username and post absolute garbage?

But why?
    he's some guy trolling the thread for the past 100 pages, just ignore.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catasthropfy349 View Post
    Traitors of own race.

The Woke People try to erase white Male heterosexuals.
    Are you excited for 10.0??!

10+ Year Old Account

Hmm. If I had to pick a favorite expansion zone - it's gotta be Vol'dun, for me.

And, for what it's worth, I am very hyped for 10.0, too!
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

I think Blizzard has tried hard to just forget that whole nonsense. IMO, TBC was by far their weakest storytelling in all of WoW because the whole story just didn't make any sense whatsoever.
    I agree with the conclusion but not the reason. It's not just that TBC was shambolic structurally, but that it wiped out the entire WC3 expansion cast by turning them into insane villains, took a scythe to the WC2 Horde cast while it was at it, down to Zul'jin being mugged by a redneck meme character and then had its conclusion be based around manga tie-in characters which scalped the blood elves for the entire rest of the game's lifespan. BFA's consequences are worse and its main plot is heinous while wasting just as many if not more characters, but it had its zone stories be coherent which can't be said for TBC. The best things to happen to TBC's story is WoD and Chronicle Vol 2.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Continent: Broken Isles
    Zone: Eversong Woods.

Broken Isles is self-explanatory.

Eversong, while also self-explanatory, holds an extra special place in my heart as its the zone i got to experience on my own.
    And with 'experience' i mean six years old me aimlessly runing around, not being able to control the camera and basically holding this expression for the whole time:
    [IMG]https://media0.giphy.com/media/jrutBd1N7ZhsINAPzs/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ioha4y1paki1wyg43zbphrxbb8bphrpqpbnd8hnw&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g[/MG]

Until i reached Ghostlands, which was upsolutely horrifying for me back then.
    You managed to just explain my first wow experience as well, especially the Eversong -> Ghostlands part. Just to add here I did the belf starting subzone of it before reaching Silvermoon by also hitting creatures with my staff as a mage since I didn't know how potent mana regen was so I was saving it

definitely draenor. Very beautiful, great music and very good use of space. Such good craftsmanship with so much potential and barely utilized... this makes me sad

Yes, we did. As early as WotLK, we even got explicitly called out and told to skip the normal process because of who we are.

Frankly, i'm baffled this myth still holds. WoW did that kind of thing before FF14 even released. It's the community pretending the PCs are just "normal people". Blizz hasn't treated them as such for a very long time.
    By time of Wrath, yeah we have enough experience under our belts to be considered above average. But we are still regular people, we are not special nor are we chosen ones, and the game has not treated us like that until like BfA. The first time we actually got assigned any sort of meaningful role was WoD with the Garrisons, that for me (and for many other people) is when the story shift went too much onto us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    definitely draenor. Very beautiful, great music and very good use of space. Such good craftsmanship with so much potential and barely utilized... this makes me sad
    Dranenor leveling was the best IMO, with some storylines overaching all zones. Hopefully they continue Threads of Fate so there is a correct path to play the stories, SL did have the connections but mostly between current and next zone

Eastern Kingdoms is definitely the most magical continent imo.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

Kun-lai Summit, hands down.