Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    They tried this in legion and ended going back on it. So even tho it would be better for the game i doubt we will see this again :/
    And I loved it in Legion.

It's my favorite part about pvp in ff14 lol

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I'd like pretty much all of this.

I'd like to add:

No more pvp level ranges. Instanced PvP scales you up to 60. You have pvp skills and stats. Gear is meaningless*. Rewards are XP, gold, cosmetics and mounts. What makes you win/lose is not stats but how good a player you are in PvP and how well you work with your team. You hit level 10 and can level to 60 only in pvp if you want.

*It'll have stats for world pvp but equivalent to similar ilevel PvE gear.
    I agree with this at least for random BGs. Not fun having an instant loss because a few people are low geared.
    Not to mention it's such a slog to actually try and gear through PvP if you don't have someone to carry you through arenas and/or RBGs.

The only bad thing is we could have a Legion scenario where every patch there's one really OP class in PvP. But if blizz balanced PvP separate from PvE it would probably be better.

Also I disliked the stat templates in Legion, I preferred the scaling in BfA so I could still target specific stats.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-04-17 at 12:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I also had thought, if the dragons are repowered again I could see the storm dragons getting empowered given we have a titan whose main domain is sea and storms.
    Just depends on how. I could see us either going to the seat of the pantheon directly or using some titan maguffin to communicate with it & have the titans send a portion of their power through.
    I’m assuming the new aspects would be empowered by Azeroth herself

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Regarding the world revamp discussion, I feel like people are missing a lot of preexisting clues.

It's not just the Lordaeron and Quel'thalas stuff that we've seen lately.

We've had clues for years at this point.

The entire Warfront system was possibly a side-effect of new assets being made. Would they really redo all those Ashenvale and Barrens assets for a (potentially scrapped) Warfront or a battleground refresh? Just look at the Night Elf base in WSG! It's got the same level of quality as Ardenweald.

They've also redone pretty much every critter and creature across KA and EK. What for, if the zones are to remain low-res?

They're testing improved weather systems in OG and SW.

They snuck refreshes of Silithus, Arathi, and Darkshore in there, easing some of the workload for 10.0.

We've got new unused assets like human buildings.

Kul Tiras and Zandalar conveniently shared almost all the biomes found on KA and EK, allowing them to produce the assets needed for 10.0 all the way back in 8.0.

Even a random-ass Gnome zone from out of nowhere, giving them lots of stuff for a Gnomeregan refresh. Let's not forget Nazjatar which contains a lot of what they need for Azeroth's updated coastline.

Oh and how about the fact that they made Exile's Reach and Chromie Time, so it's fine to remove all the old starting zone experiences and load expansion quests.

The list goes on.
    Hell, this isn't even including the Draenei and Orc buildings and the like they could rip from Draenor to use in Kalimdor.

It also wasn't just BFA that was conveniently just remakes of old zones. Broken Isles were like that too.
    Last edited by Das Thora; 2022-04-17 at 12:39 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    the red saturation in the pic was hassling me it looked like someone had run a filter over it this is what it looks like with out it
    do not annoy the dragon for you are small crunchy and good with sauce

If we're talking about big and bold predictions: 5 major patches (not necessarily 5 raid tiers), each one with a Dragonflight-specific story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are my really super boring predictions that seem even more lame after reading back over some of the ones you guys have put in your bingo cards:

I'm all on board that duck hypetrain.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Ok guys, I think we got no world revamp but we are getting a pair of updated old-world areas with our houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    If we're talking about big and bold predictions: 5 major patches (not necessarily 5 raid tiers), each one with a Dragonflight-specific story.
    Basically lift the FF14 content style...wouldn't actually be a bad thing IMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Best we'll get is after initial launch for it to be 1 chapter per patch per flight and then some other chapters (Like 9.1 campaign with covenants)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Basically lift the FF14 content style...wouldn't actually be a bad thing IMO
    in order to lift the FF14 content style, Blizzard would have to put out a big patch every 3-4 months instead of 7-8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    in order to lift the FF14 content style, Blizzard would have to put out a big patch every 3-4 months instead of 7-8 months.
    Could they do it? Yes.

Would they spend the money and dev time to do it? lolno

But a girl can wish. At the least going back to a Legion style content pacing would be nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    I mean in theory that was the case with Legion, every 77 days. We got the 7.x patches with the story and new systems and then 7.x.5 11 weeks later with the raid and some other changes, then another 11 weeks later another 7.x patch IIRC.

I would much prefer them to return to this style of patches,

And also all .x and .x.5 patches felt nicely sized

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I mean in theory that was the case with Legion, every 77 days. We got the 7.x patches with the story and new systems and then 7.x.5 11 weeks later with the raid and some other changes, then another 11 weeks later another 7.x patch IIRC.

I would much prefer them to return to this style of patches,

And also all .x and .x.5 patches felt nicely sized
    Yeah, we don't need a new raid every major patch honestly. That could free up resources for more story based stuff as well as new/existing features.

I think wow players have so long treated 'no raid in major patch= patch must be terrible' for too long tho

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we don't need a new raid every major patch honestly. That could free up resources for more story based stuff as well as new/existing features.

I think wow players have so long treated 'no raid in major patch= patch must be terrible' for too long tho
    Honestly story wise legion start was pretty well paced for (7.0, 7.1, 7.1.5). Even after reaching max level you spent some time unlocking story with class campaigns and unlocking suramar, profession quests, then shortlty after 7.1 hit with a Karazhan Questline, new Questline for Odyn and Helya IIRC (along with the raid) and the new suramar campaign to prepare for the raid. 7.1.5 wasn't too heavy on the story but still had some IIRC and Brawlers Guild for additional content.

In 7.2 the story kinda fell off with the Campaign with almost all filler chapters.

Would like to see a whole expansion where they manage to pull of the early legion amount of story

They were experimenting with raidless major patches in Cata and MoP. Cata was sort of doomed from the jump though with 4.1 taking about as long as a "regular" patch and them abandoning it afterwards. I think MoP did a better job with it, though frankly I can't tell you anything about 5.3 at all aside from there being stuff in the Barrens. I like the idea of it, more frequent but smaller patches, but their inability to maintain a consistent roadmap and patch cycle makes it more unattractive.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They are so on purpose. This isn't Twilight sparklepires.
    You realize there are beautiful vampires in folklore, right? The Dearg Due from Celtic mythology is one example among many. Being ugly (I don't think Venthyr are ugly) isn't a qualification for being a vampire. Something can be both beautiful and deadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    They can also just be hideous bloodthirsty monsters. The generalised "attractive" vampire myth is rather modern, in ancient myths, descriptions of vampires vary quite a lot, from the original seductive blood-drinking temptress à la Lilith to the bloated blood thirsty creatures coming out of graves hunting for victims. The vampire myth exists in many different shades.
    This right here. Thank you Fahrad! All types of vampire are valid!
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

The great reveal is that World of Warcraft is going Unreal Engine 5. woot woot

Quote Originally Posted by Three Faced Goddess View Post
    You realize there are beautiful vampires in folklore, right? The Dearg Due from Celtic mythology is one example among many. Being ugly (I don't think Venthyr are ugly) isn't a qualification for being a vampire. Something can be both beautiful and deadly.
    But neither is it a disqualification. And the Venthyr in particular were purposely designed to look like Orlok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It’s all good. We’ll see who was right in a matter of days. Either way, I hope the new addition is beneficial to the health of the game.

Interestingly at the comic convention I’m currently attending, I spoke with an artist who was selling some WoW art. We got to talking about the next expansion, and she mentioned how cool it would be to play an actual dragon like the aspects. She hadn’t even seen the Alexstraza pic, I had simply told her that the next expansion was called Dragonflight. .

I thought that that was interesting, and just shows what a potential gold mine Blizzard has in their midst if they play their cards right.
    I don't really care who was right tbh I just want something fun to play. It can be tinkers or red dragons. Needs to be mostly ranged tho imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I think the best way they could do a full world revamp is by making zone revamps into patch content. Imagine if they revamped like 2-3 old zones with every patch and added max-level content in addition to overhauling the leveling quests.
    I would be fine with a whole revamp everyone's expansion no new zones tbh.