10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The problem with attacking Undercity immediately is that it undercuts both it and Teldrassil being destroyed. Neither gets time to really shine as the massive blow to the factions that it is.
    By moving the attack on Undercity further into the expansion you can really linger on the Teldrassil attack, have a large amount of buildup to the Undercity attack, and then finally make that attack impactful.

By having it immediately you can't have the attack on Undercity be the Alliance retaliation that it should be, which meant that we needed another "proper" retaliation with the Darkshore warfront.

Mostly I just want to imagine a version of BfA where The Siege of Undercity is the 8.1 raid with a proper raidboss encounter against Saurfang. And in which we additionally get a Barrens warfront instead of the Darkshore one. All ending with a final raid to stop Sylvanas in Teldrassil again instead of the rushed Ny'alotha raid.
    I do see what you are saying here. Both were big hits & neither really got the story spotlight it deserved. Teldrassil's burning was quickly buried under how awful Sylvanas was while the Undercity attack was forgotten as soon as the Horde went into Stormwind to free Talan'ji. The problem is holding off Undercity until 8.1 also would have felt weird. "The Horde just burned down one of our home villages, so let's go talk to some sailors & get a few boats before we attack a place on our home continent."

Honestly, I think both should have been moved later. Start out with more of a skirmish in Silithus over Azerite, then start little spats all over leading into the eventual destruction of both cities.

The problem with attacking Undercity immediately is that it undercuts both it and Teldrassil being destroyed. Neither gets time to really shine as the massive blow to the factions that it is.
    By moving the attack on Undercity further into the expansion you can really linger on the Teldrassil attack, have a large amount of buildup to the Undercity attack, and then finally make that attack impactful.

By having it immediately you can't have the attack on Undercity be the Alliance retaliation that it should be, which meant that we needed another "proper" retaliation with the Darkshore warfront.

Mostly I just want to imagine a version of BfA where The Siege of Undercity is the 8.1 raid with a proper raidboss encounter against Saurfang. And in which we additionally get a Barrens warfront instead of the Darkshore one. All ending with a final raid to stop Sylvanas in Teldrassil again instead of the rushed Ny'alotha raid.
    They really should have left both Naz'jatar and Nyalotha out.
    And I wanted a Siege of Stormwind. If only so Horde stans could shut up about SoO.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    It was a piece of concept art released publicly back when it was a "World of Warcraft" movie and Peter Jackson was involved.
    That could have been so freaking good. Although looking at the Hobbit, it could have gone either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Naz also had excellent world pvp. It helped that there was a very rewarding system behind it (the conquest grind).

I did not mind 8.3 that much. Imo what 8.3 needed was a bit more ambition and time. They could have added a third zone (Storm Peaks). And should have rotated the relevant dungeons into M+ to add variety (Halls of Origination split in two, Mogu'shan Palace and if Storm Peaks, one of the Halls).
    The problem is 8.3 objectively was scaled down, the original plans scrapped. Maw of N'zoth and Plunder Isle namestrings were datamined back along the same time as JunkerGnomeIsle (internal name for the load zone of Mechagon) and Nazjatar.

The Blizzcon trailer for Eternal Palace ends with a tease diving into the waters behind it, and the accidentally shipped map with the untextured N'zoth mass lines up perfectly with the trailer if you follow the camera the same way, going right to the massive Maw. They also teased that Blizzcon the end of Eternal Palace would have a similar aftermath to the Nighthold (which saw Argus come to our skyboxes), only for what we got to largely be a very vague confirmation "N'zoth" is free and NPCs telling us he has been freed. You can also find the space in the Zandalar world map, beyond the current zone walls, with the un-fatigued water where Plunder Isle was supposed to go.

For some reason a dual zone release was scrapped sometime after that Blizzcon, in favor of content largely reusing spaces and assets - which isn't terrible, and is a smart and efficient way to work when plans change - as well as scrapping two potential Allied Races.

Hey!! Page 2222, congrats to us for getting this far! Only 278 more pages to go for that vaunted 2500. Let's try and get there before we know what 10.0 is!
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I do see what you are saying here. Both were big hits & neither really got the story spotlight it deserved. Teldrassil's burning was quickly buried under how awful Sylvanas was while the Undercity attack was forgotten as soon as the Horde went into Stormwind to free Talan'ji. The problem is holding off Undercity until 8.1 also would have felt weird. "The Horde just burned down one of our home villages, so let's go talk to some sailors & get a few boats before we attack a place on our home continent."

Honestly, I think both should have been moved later. Start out with more of a skirmish in Silithus over Azerite, then start little spats all over leading into the eventual destruction of both cities.
    Also, if we have a fleet to transport siege engines and a significant army to Tirisfal, why do we need Kul Tiras?

5+ Year Old Account
    Hey!! Page 2222, congrats to us for getting this far! Only 278 more pages to go for that vaunted 2500. Let's try and get there before we know what 10.0 is!
    We might need another riddle or leak before that. Or a very blatant fake leak we can dissect and laugh at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would need a juicy new leak to discuss if we plan to go through 278 pages in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    We might need another riddle or leak before that. Or a very blatant fake leak we can dissect and laugh at.
    Eh if the mods don't mind, we can meme ourselves to 2500 in a couple of days with ease. We've done it before!

But yeah, a leak in the last two days is not unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Or a very blatant fake leak we can dissect and laugh at.
    Well, there's always this:

Hello there
    I got mail which i cannot show you because my aunt who is working in blizzard send it to me yesterday i was in shock...
    Im not selfish so i wanna to share it with you guys.
    Lets started!
    Expansion name:Wrath of the Garrosh
    During events in 9.3 Garrosh cannot handle being dead any longer he needs to escape
    But where he is?!
    Yeah thats right Tel abim is where we gonna start its small but we wont stay there for long because we will go somewhere else to find where garrosh is and what he is doing.
    We gonna have new continent named Dracaria its broken isles size and have mayan theme.
    DH gonna have reworked started area and they will start with 30 lvl
    Every race got DH
    There is no covenant anymore we got something better without mindless grinding and its not an item but its in talent tab and its named "masteries" its something like old talents trees and by doing stuffs we gonna get points.
    New arena
    New pvp gear system No more Rng we will buy stuff again!
    New bg Clash its something like ARAM in lol
    New skills for every class
    Modified talent trees
    New profession:Carperter you will be able to craft chairs to make special furniture you will combine wood, nails etc to create a whole carpet which will gave buffs for party depending on what you combined with difrenet timber adds different stats
    New Npc who gonna upgrade our gear by ilvls for new currency
    Thats all i got but there is something more
    Edit:
    10.1 Forgotten Dragonblight is the name of 1 update and we will go to northrend for something i dont know what might be that
    Varian is back with his Merely a setback! he have more powers than before
    there will be new raid and at least 3 fights with him and the last form is in space and there are stars and flying dragons and something more...
    P.S NO DARK RANGERS

Quote Originally Posted by Das Momo View Post
    Random idea that'll never happen.

Dragon Isles is made up of 3 zones with three phases in three different time periods.
    1. Modern Dragon Isles
    2. Primordial Azeroth (or Kaldorei Empire time)
    3. Apocalyptic Void(?) future
    A very accurate leak from 2019 said Blizz had plans for a time travel expansion with Queen Azshara, after Shadowlands and Dragonflight. So might happen, you never know. (Yes, they predicted the expansion name Dragonflight way back in 2019)
    Last edited by Deventh; 2022-04-17 at 12:44 PM.

Also, if we have a fleet to transport siege engines and a significant army to Tirisfal, why do we need Kul Tiras?
    The ship subplot is probably one of the worst aspects of BfA to me. We spend all that time hammering in how important ships are for the coming fight against the other faction. And then when we actually have them they are used for a grand total of 1.5 important encounters in Dazar'alor, and at the beginning of the very next patch they disappear.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    A very accurate leak from 2019 said Blizz had plans for a time travel expansion after Shadowlands and Dragonflight so might happen, you never know.
    Honestly I'd love it. Make Cavern of Times a city, make Timewalking a constant and complete feature and have a story about Murozond that involves us traveling to different points in time and stopping him from messing the timelines. So many points in time I'd love to visit; Troll vs Aqir war? War of Three Hammers?

- - - Updated - - -

The ship subplot is probably one of the worst aspects of BfA to me. We spend all that time hammering in how important ships are for the coming fight against the other faction. And then when we actually have them they are used for a grand total of 1.5 important encounters in Dazar'alor, and at the beginning of the very next patch they disappear.
    I am also surprised they did not do a "dungeon" that involved boarding an enemy fleet.

I'd say that since Legion the exact opposite is true; you HAVE an incentive to rush to endgame. Every world quest cycle lost is progression you cannot recover. God forbid you take more than three days, then you are even losing an emissary.
    Endgame is so packed with FOMO daily content that it's really no surprise people rush. Doesn't help that the rewards for doing the story are miniscule; loremaster is not even needed for flight anymore and story rep rewards are pitiful so as to lengthen the rep grind (when they used to be substantial)
    None of which is actually a particularly noteworthy loss. You're rushing yourself for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Bronze dragonflight is involved in any capacity at all, it's almost a guarantee that there will be some time travel shenanigans in 10.0.

What I really want is a Caverns of Time style raid that takes us through several important points in Azeroth's history, fighting alongside familiar faces and duking it out with some big names from Azeroth's past. I imagine it would function similarly to the Emerald Nightmare raid that had portals going to all the different zones, except in this case these portals would also lead to different point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    None of which is actually a particularly noteworthy loss. You're rushing yourself for nothing.
    FOMO though. Don't underestimate it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they actually update the CoT for once.

It's hideous
    Which is a shame as its one of the places with a more interesting design on Azeroth.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I hope they actually update the CoT for once.

It's hideous
    Which is a shame as its one of the places with a more interesting design on Azeroth.
    Yeah that area is another example of them trying for a more fantasy concept and not being able to pull it off. They did manage so much better by TBC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    " Garrosh cannot handle being dead any longer"

Yep, thats Garrosh, then this must be the true leak.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I was sold at Garrosh returning. He was the best part of Shadowlands.