1. #46881
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,277
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Have the dracthyr leaks been confirmed? You guys produced more than 100 pages since I went to bed, didn't catch up.
    So it's kinda weird.

    Did you see that leak of the Druid Talents + Restoration Talents?

    That's been posted in different ways 3 times now, plus a 4th that seems to mention it in text.

    So.... I guess the race is looking pretty suspiciously right?

    But that doesn't confirm any of the Dracthyr or Evoker stuff, merely the person who leaked that also backed up the Druid Talents as legit.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  2. #46882
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Skill only causes the disparity to grow though. The less skilled you are the more you rely on other things to boost your success. Talent choices, raw numbers, gear upgrades, raid nerfs, etc are all things that help over come the skill hurdle. Having talent options that negatively impact your performance only causes the lack of skill to be more apparent.

    This is also the case when specs have more complicated rotations. The skilled players can easily pull it off but the not as skilled players can't and feel like their class is broken. We've had examples of this in the past that Blizzard has used for why they changed rotations. If I recall correctly it was one of the driving factors for Warlocks to have meta weaving changed but it has been so long I can't recall anything specific.
    Sure, and if that's something the group as a whole minds, then that's the time to do something about it. There's this idea that people are going to come into the raid and be selfish, when it isn't necessarily the case. For the most part, 10 or 15% DPS isn't going to make or break a raid at the level most people play at. And if it is, the skilled people who just enjoy playing in a relaxed setting will step it up for that fight and make up the difference.

    The simple fact is, most of WoW raiding is just paying attention. I'm super lax this expansion. I've swapped specs like, 4 or 5 times this raid tier alone as people move around. It's just not that serious.

    I'm in a group that fits a relaxed playstyle. We kill or we dont, it's more important we have fun. If you ain't enjoying what you play, then there isn't a reason to play it.

    Beer league and all that

  3. #46883
    Those Dragon models look like complete outsourced garbage. hope its fake

  4. #46884
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Have the dracthyr leaks been confirmed? You guys produced more than 100 pages since I went to bed, didn't catch up.
    Idk man, they just look so uncanny to me, it really looks fake, which worries me because we might end up with a worgen female 2.0 situation but this time it'll be the race as a whole.

  5. #46885
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Have the dracthyr leaks been confirmed? You guys produced more than 100 pages since I went to bed, didn't catch up.
    The race character creation screenshots use a mixture of existing creature's textures copy/pasted. It's fake.

  6. #46886
    Quote Originally Posted by Corin View Post
    Those Dragon models look like complete outsourced garbage. hope its fake
    Outsourced was the word I was looking for!

    The current races all fit the old Warcraft game but this Dragon looks like it was done by whoever did the Warcraft remake, that's how different the styles are.

  7. #46887
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean at this point I'd be satisfied if it at least had 3 specs.

    But I'm expecting if we do get a new class tomorrow it'll be just 2. DPS and Healer.
    Same people who leaked all this (at least the Dracthyr images and initial talent image) claim 3 specs, two DPS and one healer, so there's hope. I'm mostly curious what *kind* of DPS.

  8. #46888
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Same people who leaked all this (at least the Dracthyr images and initial talent image) claim 3 specs, two DPS and one healer, so there's hope. I'm mostly curious what *kind* of DPS.
    Man, I've always wanted to tank as a dragon though, we've been fighting them since the game released, it's about time we can play as them and tank as well, and I don't mean a dragon race wearing a sword and a shield, I want a druid-like dragon form

  9. #46889
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHardBanEvader View Post
    Outsourced was the word I was looking for!

    The current races all fit the old Warcraft game but this Dragon looks like it was done by whoever did the Warcraft remake, that's how different the styles are.
    Neo Blizzard 2022 I guess xd

  10. #46890
    I hope this new race "dragon" version is fake... It looks horrible, skinny ass with cute face dragon using probably one of the worst rigs model in the game - worgens.

  11. #46891
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What I am saying is if you can freely choose what order you move on the "Druid" tree then you could be some weird feral, bear, balance combination. Why would Blizzard add that combination if it wouldn't be viable at end-game? This is one of the reasons why the tree system removed all choice before being abandoned. Because if you picked the wrong options you were putting your performance at a disadvantage from the get go.

    The whole illusion of choice when you really don't have one.
    The illusion is the point though
    People bitch about the lack of options and while certain talent builds are weaker you can literally run anything in lfr

  12. #46892
    Quote Originally Posted by Corin View Post
    Those Dragon models look like complete outsourced garbage. hope its fake
    This isn't exactly how I feel.

    The Dragon models look EXACTLY like WoW.... at least their new art style. The problem is the new art style is out right jarring against the old art style of Stormwind.

    The neew Druid travel form has a very similar problem. It doesn't "fit". And I think the Dragon thing is exactly that. It's not that it doesn't fit WoW. It's that it doesn't fit WoW's old artstyle, which has taken a pretty drastic art style shift in the last few expansions.

  13. #46893
    I feel like there has been a lot of misdirection this year from previously accurate leakers, idk man, I don't trust anyone at this point, not even the scale dude.
    He has been vague all this time, he has not provided any in-depth * details whatsoever.

  14. #46894
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHardBanEvader View Post
    Man, I've always wanted to tank as a dragon though, we've been fighting them since the game released, it's about time we can play as them and tank as well, and I don't mean a dragon race wearing a sword and a shield, I want a druid-like dragon form
    They've said the class has a dragon form of some kind and the healing spec is based on Alexstrasza/has lots of breath stuff; IMO there's still plenty of potential for one of the DPS specs to be melee heavy at least.

    I really do feel you though *stares deeply at the concept in my sig*

  15. #46895
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,790
    Any mage related leaks? Talents etc

  16. #46896
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    They've said the class has a dragon form of some kind and the healing spec is based on Alexstrasza/has lots of breath stuff; IMO there's still plenty of potential for one of the DPS specs to be melee heavy at least.

    I really do feel you though *stares deeply at the concept in my sig*
    Yeah, your Dragonsworn class concept is what I've had in mind as well, also similar to what Teriz has been wanting.
    But while fans always create the coolest concepts, we end up getting something half-baked instead, I really hope Blizzard proves me wrong though

  17. #46897
    WOW, IS THAT A VAGUE CRYPTIC LEAK, DAMN THAT'S SO UNIQUE AND COOL, ABSOLUTELY MYSTERIOUS

    God damn these dudes are so cringe

  18. #46898
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    This isn't exactly how I feel.

    The Dragon models look EXACTLY like WoW.... at least their new art style. The problem is the new art style is out right jarring against the old art style of Stormwind.

    The neew Druid travel form has a very similar problem. It doesn't "fit". And I think the Dragon thing is exactly that. It's not that it doesn't fit WoW. It's that it doesn't fit WoW's old artstyle, which has taken a pretty drastic art style shift in the last few expansions.
    Dunno man, I think the eyes are very concerning, they don't look like other dragonkin we have in WoW, they should at least have a lizard eye.
    Also I don't think they would make them so uninteresting, so few details at the chest, for a player character

  19. #46899
    So… has there been anything deemed true or most likely real that has been leaked in the last 7 days? I didn’t make it to the forums since last week.

    I’ve read about Envoker, that ugly ass dragon race ect., but I can’t make up my mind. I know it’ll get revealed in 10 hours anyway, but still.

    Can someone give me a short update?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  20. #46900
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanes View Post
    Dunno man, I think the eyes are very concerning, they don't look like other dragonkin we have in WoW, they should at least have a lizard eye.
    Also I don't think they would make them so uninteresting, so few details at the chest, for a player character
    I think that small details like that are pretty often the last to be put in. Tattoos, scarring, eye glow, scale pattern, anything similar to that. We aren't likely to see that until alpha or beta proper starts. Maybe some "Here's the customization options" panels.

    One screenshot does not the concept make.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So… has there been anything deemed true or most likely real that has been leaked in the last 7 days? I didn’t make it to the forums since last week.

    I’ve read about Envoker, that ugly ass dragon race ect., but I can’t make up my mind. I know it’ll get revealed in 10 hours anyway, but still.

    Can someone give me a short update?
    Possibly the talent tree revamp, just because we have 3 different screenshots of that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •