Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    That's a real nice change to the Renown system, imo. I wonder what the four reps are? Is it 4 of the flights with one left out?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I didn't actually understand anything from reading this. I guess I'll wait for Bellular or someone else that's smarter than me to break things like these down, lol.

https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3639901

[img]https://marlamin.com/u/chrome_RBxSYrMsrT.png[img]
    My god. Either I am prescient, or someone at blizzard is reading my comments and making an expansion based on it. This is basically exactly what I said Covenants should have been all along.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Why are the males blood elves and the females humans? Thats such a weird choice, when most dragon women we see use the elf model.

Gimme eyebrows too... >

"thats because they aren't elves and humans, they are dracthyr! is the new race! who is totally not elf or human!

- Devs

why the fuck are we getting essential information like that from an ausgamers interview?

Looks neat. Not hyped and not really disappointed either. I'm fine with this.

World Revamp any one ??

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

"thats because they aren't elves and humans, they are dracthyr! is the new race! who is totally not elf or human!

- Devs
    Totally new race with painted scales and reused horns and models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Dracthyr being Evoker only needs to change. This is a huge issue.

I would happily main a Dracthyr. However I don't enjoy playing healers or casters, apart from Balance Druid.

I would love to play a Dracthyr warrior, hunter, enhance Shaman, druid.
    I wish I could say I’m surprised they went this route, but I kind of figured they would merge the race and class together. You would have to make the dragon class unique, and to do that you were going to have to limit the dragon race to the dragon class. I didn’t imagine they would limit it to elves and humans, or make the dragon form into a more humanoid appearance, but here we are.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I admit that does seem a bit lazy. And I also don't like how apparently their humanoid form can only be... humans and elves? That's not how it's ever worked with any dragon. They should be able to choose from a variety of different races, not just Human Female and... Blood Elf Male, for some reason.

The customization on male characters looks badass though. I like the one with the black hair and beard.
    Because he looks like wrathion a bit.. the others tho..
    I agree painted scales is really lazy, even demon hunters have better skin options. It feels once again.. very limited very blizz like.

It just doesnt look good, they look like cosplayers.

I feel like I didn't actually understand anything from reading this. I guess I'll wait for Bellular or someone else that's smarter than me to break things like these down, lol.
    Sounds to me like what I said before would be the ideal for covenants.

Instead of actually picking one, you instead just have all of them available from the beginning, and then organically pick which one(s) you are most interested in getting the rewards and zone upgrades for.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You know I almost feel bad for you, that moment when the main feature of the expansion (that you pay for) literally forces you to play the race you hate the most... Damn, that must sting.
    you think the main feature is a shit class with two specs? lmao

Well, it must be right next to a lot of void elf content

10+ Year Old Account
    At the risk of being cancelled everywhere, I'll just say it. I wanted dragon booba. I really did.

They've had male and female models for everything they've ever made until now, so why is this an exception all of a sudden?

I really hope the flying isn't too arcadey. There's a reason I play wow and strategy games rather than arcade games.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Looks neat. Not hyped and not really disappointed either. I'm fine with this.
    Agreed. It's not as bad, disappointment-wise, as Shadowlands, but the reveal bored me to tears itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you think the main feature is a shit class with two specs? lmao

Well, it must be right next to a lot of void elf content
    Uh, wasnt the biggest feature of Legion the Demon Hunter?

Artifacts were just a sidekick for most peoples classes because apart from Ashbringer, no one really gave a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So one concern I have.

They talked about all this new stuff with professions and, like.... that's only going to be for 60-70 isn't it.

Like they aren't going to back-update the last 8 expansions with stuff like stats and gear and masteries and "hidden guys in caves and dusty books in a library to teach you how to be a better smith" are they.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    At the risk of being cancelled everywhere, I'll just say it. I wanted dragon booba. I really did.

They've had male and female models for everything they've ever made until now, so why is this an exception all of a sudden?
    Because lizard boobs are weird.

Formerly known as Arafal

I'm sold on the setting.

It's making me feel the same way I felt about Kul Tiras and Zandalar, and in a way that I never felt about Shadowlands.

This, the Dragon Isles, is what I call "Warcraft", this is what I call "Fantasy", and thus the Dragon Isles are a setting that I already like.

And while the new Dragon race looks absolutely stupid, clownish, sad, I'll never main anything other than a Void elf anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All in all, I am glad that Blizzard listened to the countless complaints (not that they were hard to miss) about Shadowlands' settings and backtracked, this setting is very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I feel like this is going to end up like I predicted way back when.
    This initial announcement is mostly anemic, but as we get further into the Alpha we get more deep dives that talk more about individual stuff that are important.
    I truly think this expansion will be MOP 2.0.