I don't think they'll release WOTLK Classic and Dragonflight in the same quarter. Still on Q1 2023 boat.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Legion / 7.3.5 allied races were announced during the BfA reveal and were then available (how much?) later. Why would they don't do the same this time if they really had allied races in store?
    They weren't intended to be delayed as much as they were, that's why they wouldn't do that again. I imagine if there is an AR associated with this, they may be trying to solidify the timeline on availability rather than promising something which might not be available on time.

The fact that there's no pre-order definitely means something is up, because there will be a pre-order and a pre-order bonus eventually.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    SL preorder had the mount that gave a quest, and that was basically the extent of it.
    DF could have a similar quest, or even proper questline attached to the Dragon backs.
    And DK for all post Cata races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No, its the issue of do you want every race to have the same level of customization for Evokers that the new visage forms have, or do you want extra customization for the other races. Sure, maybe they arent doing the latter, but that's the kind of trade off you have. Which would you prefer?
    Like i said many times, they have enough time and money to do the visage customizations for all core races, thats a fact, even throwing a horn and some eyes would be enough, and even so, i would be fine with no customizations at all.

Hell, pretty sure many people just wanted a normal looking humanoid like Kalegcos as well, not this freak show.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post

Being a dragon in a size of player mount, or even slightly smaller wouldnt break the game. Especially if you could spend most of the time in your humanoid form where some specific draconic abilities would temporarily transform you into dragon and then back to humanoid, just like DH's temporal metamorphosis during eye beam etc.. And about entering inside buildings/instances/dungeon, it could be treated like druid travel forms, where it automatically transforms you into humanoid form.

In outdoor places you could be in your dragon form as long as you wish.
    This is what I've been saying all along, the excuse they used was utter BS.

Why we couldn't be like the aspects baffles me but do I hate the current iteration of Drakthyr, no I don't it just feels like another Blizzard compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Well i dont know if i expressed my idea enough, but i meant, that in indoor places/dungeons/raids/maybe even battlegrounds and arenas, you would be always in your humanoid form. The only time you would look like dragon would be during short animations of spells like wing buffet/fire breath etc.. In outside world you could be in your dragon form all the time.. Also i would enable the Evoker class to every race. But it doesnt matter, it will never happen and this way i am just ruining my enjoyment with ''what could have been''.

I just dont feel the dragon feel from Dracthyr. I find it obsolete to have mortal form, when even draconic form is humanoid. It just feels off and not like classic dragons i love.
    I'm 100% behind your line of thinking on this, one of the biggest complaints you are seeing atm is people wanting to do combat in visage form, why couldnt we be like the apects and shift into a dragon form for certain abilities like the gliding breath and what not as it would be just like the Frost DK's skill except the player character is moving, I just dont understand why yet again Blizz compromised on giving players the semi dragon feel.

Don't know where you read 2022 release from that statement. He basically prepares us for a long wait by saying that "this expansion is quite far long" (I guess the "away" was kept out) or am I misunderstanding something? Or "quite far long in development"? Weird wording.

And wasn't the 9.1 "soon" basically two months? Plus WotLK Classic will launch in Q4/22 (and Sunwell has yet to be released), so I really don't get 2022 release at all.
    Maybe it's a typo and it's meant to say along because that is very weirdly worded as you put it, They did say they've been working on DF since BFA/Early SL's in one of their interviews.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2022-04-22 at 11:08 AM.

Don't know where you read 2022 release from that statement. He basically prepares us for a long wait by saying that "this expansion is quite far long" (I guess the "away" was kept out) or am I misunderstanding something? Or "quite far long in development"? Weird wording.

And wasn't the 9.1 "soon" basically two months? Plus WotLK Classic will launch in Q4/22 (and Sunwell has yet to be released), so I really don't get 2022 release at all.
    I read it as: we're being a bit slow this time because the expansion this time is long (as in more patches than usual), and that's why it's been in development 2 years already and still we need a bit more of time to get it all ready.
    So probably tiding up some things before beta that need to be prepared for future content in 1 or 2 year in a 10.3 or 10.4 patch that they're currently working on.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Borrowed power is a meme buzzword that has no meaning so long as players are going to demand new trinkets, item effects on weapons, and most importantly tier sets.
    That doesn't track, and no, it's not a "meaningless meme buzzword". It's a genuine design-change that Blizzard made, and that a lot of other MMOs don't do, for better or worse. Whether you like it or not, it's unarguably a real thing, and trying to suggest otherwise is shenanigans.

Borrowed power is not the same as vertical progression, which is what you're describing. Vertical progression is something WoW and a lot of other MMOs do that means gear will inevitably get outdated/outmoded as you level up, and the max level will keep going up, so it'll keep happening. You can have vertical advancement without borrowed power - FFXIV does, for example, as have a lot of games. You can also potentially have borrowed power without vertical advancement, though I struggle to think of any game that chose to do that - I'm sure they exist. You can also have horizontal progression, which is usually slightly vertical as well in real terms, but is largely focused on giving you more options rather than bigger numbers, which WoW has generally eschewed, but which DAoC, GW2 and other are into (possibly ESO?).
    "A youtuber said so."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You try to read too much from this "no pre-order now means something". SL was ONLY time pre-order was available on reveal day. Expac usually launch ~year from expac, so it's not like spring '23 release is surprising. Existence of season 4 makes '22 date impossible anyway, even with 4.5 month seasons (and Blizzard already said they aim at 6-8 month ones).

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Maybe it's a typo and it's meant to say along because that is very weirdly worded as you put it, They did say they've been working on DF since BFA/Early SL's in one of their interviews.
    There's zero possibility is isn't a typo, given the number of typos in the article. It'd definitely "along". Whether that means 2022 or 2023 though I dunno.
    "A youtuber said so."

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally hope its for 2033, more time to fix things and there would be no excuses

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I read it as: we're being a bit slow this time because the expansion this time is long (as in more patches than usual), and that's why it's been in development 2 years already and still we need a bit more of time to get it all ready.
    So probably tiding up some things before beta that need to be prepared for future content in 1 or 2 year in a 10.3 or 10.4 patch that they're currently working on.
    I mean yes, they are slow and we know that, thanks for keeping us updated Blizz!

Their "Soon!" is a very unreliable source as well. As I said, the 9.1 PTR soon was about two months? So... testing soon could mean Summer.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I personally hope its for 2033, more time to fix things and there would be no excuses
    I don't mind waiting. 2033 tho... Oof :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

If you don't want to fight big dragons, this might not be the expansion for you.
    I'm ok with fighting big dragons.

I'm just not a big fan of huge ones, like Deathwing's fight(s) in Cataclysm. It just starts to feel a bit weird and also disconnected (especially the latter). The final fight against Deathwing is just chipping away at mutated fingers/toes, and then going at his chin. Whee.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/gray-an...nflight-326804

It's happening!
    Now we can proudly wear our trash items.
    Oh now that is really good news. Lot more options opened with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    This is what I've been saying all along, the excuse they used was utter BS.

Why we couldn't be like the aspects baffles me but do I hate the current iteration of Drakthyr, no I don't it just feels like another Blizzard compromise.
    We are like the aspects. We can do everything they can do (and perhaps more since the specs merge the powers of multiple dragonflights), we just don't look like four legged dragons.

Once the final models are released and we get all of our customizations, things will be fine.

I'm starting to think that the "Dragon Soul is the Heart of Azeroth stolen by a time traveling Azshara that we then steal back in Cata" meme theory is actually going to end up true, thanks to the return of Murozond.

I hope they will add a skip for dragon soul in 9.2.5, it's always the most annoying raid to run for transmog or chance for mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I don't mind waiting. 2033 tho... Oof :P
    Now think if it was a typo or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I'm starting to think that the "Dragon Soul is the Heart of Azeroth stolen by a time traveling Azshara that we then steal back in Cata" meme theory is actually going to end up true, thanks to the return of Murozond.
    What did I just read
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I hope they will add a skip for dragon soul in 9.2.5, it's always the most annoying raid to run for transmog or chance for mount.
    Worse than SoO?

SoO was a nightmare

7+ Year Old Account
    I find it quite funny that people call the Dracthyr form an overglorified druid form, but then ask for the regular drake model.
    As if that wouldn't be an overglorified druid form.

Formerly known as Arafal