1. #53181
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    The healing and Ranged roles have been given some love this expansion with Evoker though.

    I'm asking you why a third tank spec would invalidate those roles this time around? Because right now it's coming down to "Well they had more choice before" which just comes across as spite.

    Evoker getting a tank spec would not diminish the healing and Ranged love.
    It would though and thats what you're not understanding, their skills would have to be developed for 3 specs in mind which would cause an overlap of some skills, dude face it this class aint getting a tanking spec as Blizz have already said they won't be doing it and that's not exactly a bad thing.

  2. #53182
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don’t think so. I think if you put space between you and a boss it can cause problems for a group, because your job is to stick to the boss, not keep them away from you. Same issue with melee, because if you’re strafing them and wind up way behind them, it’s going to take time to reestablish targeting and position.

    Meanwhile, RDPS and Healers can fly all over the place and heal or deal damage without losing a step.
    I see the wing knock back as more of a positioning thing for adds in Mythic+ like a Druid's typhoon or to help with necrotic stacks, or an extra interrupt on channelled attacks etc.

  3. #53183
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I see the wing knock back as more of a positioning thing for adds in Mythic+ like a Druid's typhoon or to help with necrotic stacks, or an extra interrupt on channelled attacks etc.
    Do Guardian Druids use Typhoon a lot? I’m not sure. Either way, my point is that I don’t see much of a point of a melee spec if it can’t match what the healer and RDPS specs are offering. If they’re adding what I assume they’re adding from HotS, their spec configuration is going to make perfect sense.

  4. #53184
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    This is sort of how I’m expecting the Dracthyr story to go.

    1. The Dracthyr were created to be moreso like the Drakonids and not full on Chromatic Dragons. They’re able to call upon the magic of all the dragonflights but to a lesser extent like Mortals.
    For example they’re not able to use bronze magic to jump across the timeways, just ‘minor’ bronze magic like speeding up wounds for healing or a bloodlust/time warp.

    2. Slight retcon to the chromatic dragons backstory. Probably will have the Dracthyr be the inspiration behind the Chromatic Dragonflight.
    2a. They were an “accidental situational success” that Nefarian/Deathwing were having trouble recreating.

    2b. They wanted to expand upon the concept behind the Dracthyr but wanted them to be actually as powerful as the dragons. (Able to hope through the timeways as an example)

    2c. They were hidden along with the Dragon Isles and since the isles were hidden even from the eyes of the dragons, Deathwing/Nefarian looked for but couldn’t find the Dracthyr. (Which if they had, could’ve resulted in a more complete Chromatic Dragonflight)
    Like, im not mind too much the retcon for it, I just think its completely unnecessary since we have plenty of options to work, this just feels cheap and to me, its bad news for future dragon lore

    If those experiments were so good, there is no reasont to let then behind, and there is even less reason to not do it again, saying he was not able to do again is cheap excuse

    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Who is “they”?

    And if he forgot, or was unable to replicate his previous success, what does that change? Functionally within the story? Beyond “they said this now they say that”? Because getting more context is not a retcon.
    Like i said i do not mind retcons, if done right, my problem is with people saying isn't one, and how cheap of an excuse they are giving on this one, that, by itself isn't that bad, but raise red flags for the rest of the expansion

    in short, im expecting another nonsense fiesta like bfa and shadowlands, and im just looking for the leveling and standalone questing, which were good in the last two expansions.

    I, personally, will get more fun cleaning dragon shit for someone, or taming dragons, than "explore" the story Danuser will bring this time

  5. #53185
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    buy anduin shirt
    No, I won. I'll shill tinker though.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  6. #53186
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I doubted you and will be condemned to eat crow and shill tinkers because of it. Godspeed and here's to 11.0.
    Me, insisting on playing a passivist Engineer in 10.1: I'm a Tinker now.

  7. #53187
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well those could be racial abilities.

    We need to see what parts of the evoker could actually be racial abilities to the dracthyr.

    Just think about it like an LFD warrior who isn't a paladin or a velf who isn't an spriest.

    Honestly this whole race/class in one concept is bad news imo. Doesn't work in an MMO if you ask me.

    It makes sense now since the dracthyr have been isolated for 10000 years, but now that they're joining the world it doesn't make sense that some of them aren't going to be interested in the arcane, in martial combat, in archery, in shamanism, in druidism.

    I mean paladins are basically soldiers inspired from Tyr, the one guys who helped dragons become who they are today I'm helping defeat galakrond, you don't think they'd wanna honor him by becoming paladins?

    And as for evokers, again they'll be interacting with the mortals races who I'm sure will be curious about the powers of an evokers.

    Who's to say a counsel of dracthyr won't take it up on to themselves to empower and train a group of mortals.

    But when it comes to wings and fire breath and their tails, all those could easily be made into racials.
    Taken purely from a lore perspective, why would a Dracthyr forgo the power of the 5 dragonflights and draconic power in general to be a Paladin or a Shaman? If you were a Dracthyr, would you clip your wings so that you can be a better Rogue or Hunter? It makes zero sense.

  8. #53188
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Oh that part: That sounded like "we plan on making more races Demon Hunter in the future" you know, one of Ion's lies.It sounds like you just wanted them to make an entirely different class. I did too but this is what we got: you're suggesting another complete overhaul of the class & race system to undo what the one they just announced did. This is their class philosphy right now & we have to live with it. 'The purely modular role driven class to create a character with a unique personality' is dead, long live 'the extremely niche archetype with completely original yet rigid mechanics'
    Well he could be lying haha but I ain't gonna assume that, got to take it at face value, especially since it makes sense. Dracthyr loving in SW or Org aren't gonna be interested in mortal culture? Why can't some become warriors, or mages, or hunters.

    Bad I'm fine with the way the evoker is for dragonflight. I just don't like the idea that evokers will only be dracthyr and dracthyr will only be evokers forever down the line.

    Stories evolve and it's silly to think that a dracthyr will never be able to be a warrior or that a human can't be empowered by a dracthyr to be an evoker.

    I mean look at DH, they aren't in permanent meta like illidan essentially is, yet they make it work.

    They turn temporarily into meta for select spells like eye beam or chaos nova.

    The same concept can be applied to evoker abilities that require draconic body parts.

  9. #53189
    Broke: Dracthyr will never be other classes and other classes will never be Evoker.

    Woke: They are going to give the visage forms combat animations for Evoker so that two racial models already have the animations ready for Evoker in the future... and go figure, it's two of the ones that most use Arcane, AKA Evoker powers! (Humans/Belves)

  10. #53190
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And? his goal was not "combine something to turn into a chromatic flight" you made a strawman here, his gaol was to mix all the power of the 5 dragonflight, that was never done.
    You use strawman incorrectly just as you do retcon. Nothing about the lore says it was the first time a chromatic creature was created or that his goal was to create the first chromatic creature. Provide the lore to back up your statements otherwise you are just going off of headcanon to bash the game.


    You are trying to make that "deathwing was never able to create a chromatic dragonflight, but he succeed in mixing all the dragonflight"
    Yes. Dragonkin does not equal Dragonflight. There exists only a few flights but many different kinds of Dragonkin. This seems to be the point of confusion on your end.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #53191
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Taken purely from a lore perspective, why would a Dracthyr forgo the power of the 5 dragonflights and draconic powerin general to be a Paladin or a Shaman? If you were a Dracthyr, would you clip your wings so that you can be a better Rogue or Hunter? It makes zero sense.
    Idk, why did illidan forgo the arcane to become a DH? I mean we know the answer to that, but the point is to each their own.

    We talking about dracthyr living with the mortals forever now. For w/e reason, the call of the warrior might be loud for some of them.

    They can still have draconic abilities via racials at the same time too.

    Again, it's like an LFD. Why be a warrior when you can be a paladin. Same concept.

  12. #53192
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,397
    Letting people attack with the visage form would be nonsense and would defeat the purpose of making such ridiculous class/race combo in the first place, is like wanting to attack as a feral druid in your normal form.

  13. #53193
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Taken purely from a lore perspective, why would a Dracthyr forgo the power of the 5 dragonflights and draconic power in general to be a Paladin or a Shaman? If you were a Dracthyr, would you clip your wings so that you can be a better Rogue or Hunter? It makes zero sense.
    That and the size thing. Look at the demo reel of their abilities: The Dracthyr's combat form is so big imagine having to run a dungeon with a melee dps who completely engulfs the trash mobs.

  14. #53194
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    briefly stacking in melee is dramatically different than playing a melee class who towers over most of its enemies. This is a third person game, remember.
    That has nothing to do with anything you've stated. Where is your proof that they are taller then 14'6". Even brief stacking in melee for encounters will still have you towering over most enemies and other players. Of course it is a third person game. Lmao. You really do bring in random crap so you don't have to admit you are wrong about something don't you?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #53195
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Letting people attack with the visage form would be nonsense and would defeat the purpose of making such ridiculous class/race combo in the first place, is like wanting to attack as a feral druid in your normal form.
    No, it's like using Moonkin spells outside of Moonkin form, which is exactly what they added. Why would you need to be in a certain appearance to use 90% of the spells that aren't actually breathing fire or flapping wings?

  16. #53196
    Scarab Lord plz delete account's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    4,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    No, I won. I'll shill tinker though.
    buy the anduin shirt you coward, you never won the argument with me.

  17. #53197
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That and the size thing. Look at the demo reel of their abilities: The Dracthyr's combat form is so big imagine having to run a dungeon with a melee dps who completely engulfs the trash mobs.
    Oh? They’re taller than other races? That’s good to know (and really great news).

  18. #53198
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Broke: Dracthyr will never be other classes and other classes will never be Evoker.
    Woke: They can give us absolute freaks for new classes. Dark Rangers aren't too similar to hunters anymore. Blood mages that are 99% mage, 1& blood. Want to play as a swarm of bees? Anything is possible now.

  19. #53199
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That and the size thing. Look at the demo reel of their abilities: The Dracthyr's combat form is so big imagine having to run a dungeon with a melee dps who completely engulfs the trash mobs.
    Eh that's a technical issue. Plus sometimes even ranged need to go melee too so there's that.

  20. #53200
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    buy the anduin shirt you coward, you never won the argument with me.
    There's nothing to win, you were entirely wrong and I was entirely right as I was through all of BFA without fail. I'll buy nothing and shill tinkers.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •