Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    There are a bunch of valid arguments against them being an Allied Race, but the same could be said for most of the allied races like Lightforged Draenei, Mag'har, and Highmountain just being skins for the existing races etc. Ultimately it's up to Blizzard and how they want to implement them.
    Draenei and HM Tauren are also the first ones though. We have gotten infinitely more interesting ARs like Kul Tirans and Vulpera since then.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why would it be an AR though?
    Darkfallen is the term used for undead elves, first used back in WC3 for the various elves that got risen by the scourge.
    San'layn are a faction mostly consisting of Darkfallen casters, Dark Rangers are Darkfallen rangers.

In ICC we even see Darkfallen Blood Knights, various Darkfallen Dks, Darkfallen commanders (Read, Warriors), Darkfallen Tacticians (Read, Rogues), etc.

Formerly known as Arafal

The event would last 2 weeks. Question just being whether those 2 weeks are the entirety of the Pre-patch, or whether we will have a week or two before (or maybe one and a half months just for variety) in which to just get used to the new mechanics before starting the event.

I am not sure they have done this before outside Cata though, so might just be wishful thinking.
    Mmh didn't he say two weeks in regards to drak'thyr being playable during prepatch ? So that would mean the whole thing would last 2 weeks.

Imma try to find the interview

Homophobia is so gay.

Draenei and HM Tauren are also the first ones though. We have gotten infinitely more interesting ARs like Kul Tirans and Vulpera since then.
    But every AR besides Vulpera (bearing new lore that reveals they actually are goblins) are an existing race, but with stuff that happened to them that makes them look different and have a different culture. So I would say that Darkfallen fit 100%

Ah he said the event would last 2 weeks and drak'thyr would be available during said event.

I think prepatch is an event in itself, has there ever been a prepatch without the "prepatch" event from day 1 ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    How would you do dragonriding on a wingless horse or cat tho
    By not calling it Dragonriding. There isn't really anything inherent to the concept that requires it to be a dragon, or even for it to be something that is alive.
    A momentum based flying with tricks and a stamina bar could easily be transplanted to every mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    That said, including them as an AR is a waste of space.
    Just add them as customization options.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Darkfallen is the term used for undead elves, first used back in WC3 for the various elves that got risen by the scourge.
    San'layn are a faction mostly consisting of Darkfallen casters, Dark Rangers are Darkfallen rangers.

In ICC we even see Darkfallen Blood Knights, various Darkfallen Dks, Darkfallen commanders (Read, Warriors), Darkfallen Tacticians (Read, Rogues), etc.
    Honestly the Venthyr zone had all the assets needed for a Goth Druid. Gorgon for bear form, Those sinstone ancients, etc. Darkfallen Druid or Darkfallen Paladin would be lit.

But also, why did today's interview not mention anything about the pre-order? IE: When?

Ah he said the event would last 2 weeks and drak'thyr would be available during said event.

I think prepatch is an event in itself, has there ever been a prepatch without the "prepatch" event from day 1 ?
    I don't think there has been, this is also pretty much what they did with Demon Hunters in the Legion pre-event, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I don't think there has been, this is also pretty much what they did with Demon Hunters in the Legion pre-event, iirc.
    There was a considerable amount of time between the patch coming out & the actual "event" starting (no real reason IMOPO) during 8.0 and 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But also, why did today's interview not mention anything about the pre-order? IE: When?
    Because Pre-Orders are tied to 9.2.5. All of the pre-order bonuses are in that patch. Once it launches, we will get the pre-orders up shortly after it goes live.

Well as I said, I think only Cataclysm did that. It was a two-month long pre-patch where you only had the world revamp for the second half, and before that everything was still in the old version of EK and Kalimdor.
    THough that being said I think there might have been some elemental rifts ro something in Northrend during the first month.

What was wrong with the Kalimdor book? I kinda missed that period of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Because Pre-Orders are tied to 9.2.5. All of the pre-order bonuses are in that patch. Once it launches, we will get the pre-orders up shortly after it goes live.
    The pre-order stuff is already in the live game though. Unless there is a hidden allied race and or major hidden bonus.

Actually the mount, pet and armor are in retail already. So they COULD open up pre-orders but haven't, likely due to not having a release window locked in as well as some additional reward that does come from 9.2.5.

But that wasn't a factor in the BFA or Shadowlands pre-order. Cosmetic rewards came immediately, while the allied race stuff came in the following minor patch. The Dragonflight pet, mount & transmog bonus are already in the live client.

Also none of that means they can't talk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    There was a story about Lorethemar teaching Zekhen how to read. Which seemed extremely offputting because Trolls were the first to acclimate to the other languages of Azeroth. Also why would the Leader of the Elves teach a random Troll this?
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-27 at 05:28 PM.

Zekhan is illiterate, and people took that as a racist jab at black people. Which I think is ridiculous.

That's a whole can of worms.
    Some people on twitter felt that the way characters, and their races, were portrayed was insensitive and relied on tropes, in relation to their real life inspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    The pre-order stuff is already in the live game though. Unless there is a hidden allied race and or major hidden bonus.
    Honestly, at this point I cannot really see any other reason they have not opened pre-orders than them wanting to couple it with Alpha opening, or 9.2.5 being launched.

Unless one of the pre-order rewards are horribly bugged there doesnt seem to be a reason to delay when thye could just say that the accompanying AR becomes available at a later date.

5+ Year Old Account
    Many many racist caricatures, a letter that was written in Gallywix's voice that was changed last minute to Gazlowe. This is a good breakdown: https://www.wowhead.com/news/world-o...-racial-325248
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.