Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not EVEN close. DR is a mean of transport with mount customization. Garrisons were a place of hanging out, having synergies with profs, were for gold making, pushing story, getting loot and vanity items, having PvE content in form of invasions and more.
    I mean yeah, pretty close.

Both are draped in cosmetic accessories, have no ties to player power in terms of instanced combat, both influence and change how world content is approached and played.

New recipes/schematics/followers(Garrisons) and appearances and presumably maneuvers(Dragon Riding) are obtained from playing all kinds of content, and I presume Dragon Riding will have story quests attached to it? Dragon Riding will almost definitely provide PvE content and vanity items will absolutely be locked behind Dragon Riding.

So yes, in essence and down to brass tacks - pretty close.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2022-06-27 at 06:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    This is pretty iffy to say considering what we know about DR at this point.
    Not really. We know that there will be some activities to do with the Dragon Riding system but nothing has been stated that it is on the same level as Garrisons and stuff. Their words lend more to Netherwing or Cloudserpent style things.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Because it's a feature and not content. Content is stuff to do. A class is not something "you do". You do stuff with your class. You don't do your class. That's the main difference between content and a feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really though?

Legion still introduced Mythic+ and world quests. Content that is still in Dragonflight but has been pretty diminished and worn off over the years. Both are not as exciting as they were back in 2016. They are still there, but they are base game content that is seen as mandatory nowadays. Similar to daily quests which were brand new in 2007 but are base game content now already (and nobody would question that, right?).

- - - Updated - - -

I never thought about calling Covenant teleportation mechanics - or anything fluff-related to Covenants - content. At least I never said that is content. When I refer to Covenants I usually do so because of a) their questline and b) their skills, soulbinds etc. which altered your gameplay quite a lot.

"The possibility" doesn't equal that we will have that. Not saying it won't come, but they have given us nothing in the last weeks to support their announcement. I just find Dragonriding - based on what we know as of now - incredibly dull. But that's due to how they presented it. I'm not denying that it could be fun and a good addition to the game in the end. But we're barely there yet to draw that conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it's Blizzcon. And yeah, I know Legion was announced at Gamescom.
    Torghast is a feature. Island expeditions were a feature. Warfronts were a feature. These were all not content? If you think a class is not content, that means you also think these 3 are not content, since they carry the same word.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Not really. We know that there will be some activities to do with the Dragon Riding system but nothing has been stated that it is on the same level as Garrisons and stuff. Their words lend more to Netherwing or Cloudserpent style things.
    If anything, I think their words lend more towards the Cataclysm jousting quests.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    Servers are down
    Beta servers? Yeah, for like 1.5 year.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Torghast is a feature. Island expeditions were a feature. Warfronts were a feature. These were all not content? If you think a class is not content, that means you also think these 3 are not content, since they carry the same word.
    They were features that followed up with content. Island Expeditions were a procedural feature that generated new content. The same as Torghast. Warfronts as well. Artifacts were a feature that brought Order Halls with them which were the content part of the feature. A class and a race is just not content in the usual sense. Nevermind, it really doesn't matter. For some the "new" talent trees are the biggest feature ever and I'm not going to argue endlessly because it's pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    If anything, I think their words lend more towards the Cataclysm jousting quests.
    The problem is, as has been said several times, they didn't follow up the announcement with anything substantial. Neither for Evoker, nor for Dragonriding. If they would finally show us the system and give us an in depth blog post or whatever, we wouldn't have these discussions.

They are all happening due to the news and information embargo Blizzard seems to have regarding Dragonflight.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Dragonflight looks light on features because they are hopefully returning to pre-Legion type of gameplay and design, I am so painfully sick, to a nauseating extend, of artifact power, azerite power, ape power, ANIMA and other degenerate farmerino bullshit. Otherwise it has about the same content, if not more (new class / race) as other xpacs. That's all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yes, and that's why I said it's okay to not discuss anything if there's nothing to discuss. A dead thread beats a thread full of garbage arguments (like the current one) any day.
    Here here! You tell them little parrot friend! Stop the stupid ass back and forth fighting on whose opinion is right. Go outside...it's really nice out.

They were features that followed up with content. Island Expeditions were a procedural feature that generated new content. The same as Torghast. Warfronts as well. Artifacts were a feature that brought Order Halls with them which were the content part of the feature. A class and a race is just not content in the usual sense. Nevermind, it really doesn't matter. For some the "new" talent trees are the biggest feature ever and I'm not going to argue endlessly because it's pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is, as has been said several times, they didn't follow up the announcement with anything substantial. Neither for Evoker, nor for Dragonriding. If they would finally show us the system and give us an in depth blog post or whatever, we wouldn't have these discussions.

They are all happening due to the news and information embargo Blizzard seems to have regarding Dragonflight.
    I mean, I put this in the same category as "Well if they had just told us we wouldn't have got ourselves so hyped up for something we weren't going to get".

That's your (royal you, not you specifically) fault, not Blizzards. People getting bent out of shape over a lack of information are taking their own disappointment at a lack of information to mean there just isn't anything to share. That's stupid. That's silly. That's something pretty much no other company needs to deal with, and while I certainly think that Blizzard has played a hand in building this type of community, ultimately people should be mature enough to realize just because they haven't shared information that doesn't mean there isn't anything that could be shared.

"What’s east of the Eastern Kingdoms?
    You’re not yet ready for the answer to that question."

This gives me "What's West of Westeros?" vibes and I can also smell a potential future expansion continent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

This gives me "What's West of Westeros?" vibes and I can also smell a potential future expansion continent.
    I thought the Dragon Isles are supposed to be east of the EK's?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I don't think that anyone here is denying that the talent trees have some new stuff. But when out of 35 talents 33 are the exact same we have now with 2 being new stuff, the "new" becomes pretty negligible and worthless in comparison to the stuff that was just blatantly copy and pasted, doesn't it?
    Personally??? No
    I would like more new but I definitely like having the new combos over one new spell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

What are you even referencing for one(Not trolling)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I don't think they have confirmed it but I think it is assumed the cinematic shows the well/sundering to the south west. So from Northrend to Twilight Highlands would be a good location. I'm having trouble finding the direction of the well confirmed so the vantage point could show any direction and technically the land mass could have moved in a wide general direction in the sundering so it could be anywhere.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What are you even referencing for one(Not trolling)
    The FAQ on playworldofwarcraft.com.

..and..

7+ Year Old Account
    They are to the northeast of the EK, yes.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I don't think they have confirmed it but I think it is assumed the cinematic shows the well/sundering to the south west. So from Northrend to Twilight Highlands would be a good location. I'm having trouble finding the direction of the well confirmed so the vantage point could show any direction and technically the land mass could have moved in a wide general direction in the sundering so it could be anywhere.
    We didn't actually get any sort of map of the Isles did we?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Don't you mean NW? Between EK and Northrend?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I thought they were Northwest in between Northrend and EK. I may be mistaken from the map that I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    I thought they were Northwest in between Northrend and EK. I may be mistaken from the map that I saw.
    You're correct, I remember this from one of the first interviews. Going to try and find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, nevermind.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ght-Interviews

In the Ion interview it states they are in Northeastern Azeroth.