Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

So what is this mantis-like creature? Another descendants of Aqir? Or is it related to the mantid of Pandaria?
    Mantid are Aqir.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

So what is this mantis-like creature? Another descendants of Aqir? Or is it related to the mantid of Pandaria?
    They are called Scythids.

And yes, they are most definitely Aqir.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    That's not what (playing the) beta is for lol.
    Its also not a part of a loyalty reward program.

They should be far more concerned about getting quality feedback from a balanced mix of different players (PvP, M+, Casual, LFR, HM, etc.) than inviting people just because they are currently subbed. Especially during a down cycle like this. And I say that as someone with an active sub.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Its also not a part of a loyalty reward program.

They should be far more concerned about getting quality feedback from a balanced mix of different players (PvP, M+, Casual, LFR, HM, etc.) than inviting people just because they are currently subbed. Especially during a down cycle like this. And I say that as someone with an active sub.
    True, but you can get that mix from people who are currently subbed just fine. It just makes no sense for me if people who are subbed and deserve it far more don't get access while people who hate on the game and aren't even subbed get in. So imo it's a good change.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They are called Scythids.

And yes, they are most definitely Aqir.
    I hope their presence indicates Old God influence or even an unknown Old God on the Dragon Isles. I'd fancy another Old God raid, they're usually great.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

so considering what we have seen is each OG has a different kind of aqir that serves them i can see the final OG being revealed
    (keep in mind this is the speculation caused by the extra old god showing up in the border of Chronicles and the speculation that Xal is an OG)

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. But it also makes for a wider feedback.

Could this expansion contain the 5th old god? Maybe. So secretive and manipulative that we haven't heard from him before. He who manipulated the jailer.... yes it all makes sense.

So far, this is the only footage of the Dracthyr starting zone I've been able to find on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6xiuLyzccU

(If the link doesn't work, it's a video by Azeroth Dan on YouTube - you could just look it up manually)

Quote Originally Posted by Prenderghast View Post
    So far, this is the only footage of the Dracthyr starting zone I've been able to find on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6xiuLyzccU

(If the link doesn't work, it's a video by Azeroth Dan on YouTube - you could just look it up manually)
    You have my eternal gratitude <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    You have my eternal gratitude <3
    No problem! The Dracthyr starting zone is the thing I was most interested in from this build, yet seemed to be the one thing nobody was uploading videos on through the night, haha. Glad we at least have something to go off of now.

The starting zone is pretty good. It's much faster than Wandering Isle, and while it doesn't have the lore flavor of DH starting zone it is much better at teaching you about the Dracthyr abilities (you are forced to do a ring course with soar, for which you get unlimited CD for a time). Because it's built around Soar it's a little too big.

Lore wise, not much happens except for very obvious things, but it sets up the villains of Vault very well and does a good job of setting up the culture of the Dracthyr (VERY military). The only surprising thing is that it sets up a Neltharion fanboy general who is so disappointed by his death and the reveal they were left to rot in their creches that he goes rogue. I don't believe he is a dungeon or raid boss yet. There is a general for each flight color, and he is yellow/bronze, so maybe that is important?

Its ALSO suppose to be for testing, not a Reward for "loyalty"

And we REALLY need to get away from the two extremes of "the devs suck because they xant do anything right i hate this game" and "the devs suck cus i love this game and they are ruining My Game".

You shouldnt be Loyal to a game. Its IDEAL that u unsub. You shouldnt be playing tgis thing 12 months of the year
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

very interesting considering the weapon models that have 5 tints matching the flights

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post

And we REALLY need to get away from the two extremes of "the devs suck because they xant do anything right i hate this game" and "the devs suck cus i love this game and they are ruining My Game".

You shouldnt be Loyal to a game. Its IDEAL that u unsub. You shouldnt be playing tgis thing 12 months of the year
    so are you going to send testing invites to people who already left and therefore might not play or know how the game works and might do something like "surrender to madness is dumb i used it while leveling and it killed me"
    or would you rather invite people who play the game currently and are more likely to test it while also knowing "hey this seems familiar"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post

What about "the current devs don't suck and I love the game". Who are you to tell others that they shouldn't be subbed 12 months / year if it's their hobby lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post

very interesting considering the weapon models that have 5 tints matching the flights
    What exactly is interesting about this?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I guess people are still overly fascinated by the banner for some reason.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    its not as basic as the oribos portal?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    [IG]https://twitter.com/haughtychicken/status/1549761675100065794/photo/1[/IMG]

[IG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYHb5a6aIAA50Um?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

so are you going to send testing invites to people who already left and therefore might not play or know how the game works and might do something like "surrender to madness is dumb i used it while leveling and it killed me"
    or would you rather invite people who play the game currently and are more likely to test it while also knowing "hey this seems familiar"
    I mean, Billy who bought the game last week could have gotten an invite to the Alpha, so your argument is kind of... stupid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I guess people are still overly fascinated by the banner for some reason.
    Maybe because it's white and that doesn't match any dragonflight theme.