Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That's quite fair. I do find "reclaiming lost territories" to be a red flag in general, though—there was a certain funny fellow in Europe who had the same idea, and he overstepped his boundaries a little bit down the line. Add to that how Stromgarde was his example of territories that were already reclaimed, not territories that could be reclaimed.

I do think he's not going to follow entirely down the path of that aforementioned funny fellow, however. Conversely, I do think that his attempts to reclaim territory will be met with some apprehension—especially if, say, Lordaeron enters the picture.
    The thing is, no one has really ever claimed Stromgarde. The Forsaken tried but never had control. The area has always been a mess. And it's not like it is a territory that has been in the hands of others for a generation. We had wars in Europe that lasted longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, no one has really ever claimed Stromgarde. The Forsaken tried but never had control. The area has always been a mess. And it's not like it is a territory that has been in the hands of others for a generation. We had wars in Europe that lasted longer than that.
    The Forsaken had control of it, but the prince(who was a traitor in life, too) went rogue and took a bunch of Forsaken with him. Deathlord killed him in Legion though, and they made it seem like the Alliance only cleaned up what the Deathlord left behind.
    Land rights, like control of all of northern Lordaeron, are an issue for debate. I highly doubt anyone would have written property rights laws with the state of undeath in mind, so I personally do think it's the humans' right to retake their own land. Especially with the negative predilections of the undead(living in filth, sadism, general foul behavior).

Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    The Forsaken had control of it, but the prince(who was a traitor in life, too) went rogue and took a bunch of Forsaken with him. Deathlord killed him in Legion though, and they made it seem like the Alliance only cleaned up what the Deathlord left behind.
    Land rights, like control of all of northern Lordaeron, are an issue for debate. I highly doubt anyone would have written property rights laws with the state of undeath in mind, so I personally do think it's the humans' right to retake their own land. Especially with the negative predilections of the undead(living in filth, sadism, general foul behavior).
    Did he even consolidate control? I think at all times parts of the city were not in control, to say nothing of the rest of the area

Did he even consolidate control? I think at all times parts of the city were not in control, to say nothing of the rest of the area
    I'm pretty sure I remember ALL the Forsaken in the ruins turning hostile when he turns on you.

if there is going to be undead story any time soon im going to guess it will include an attempted assassination of Calia

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    if there is going to be undead story any time soon im going to guess it will include an attempted assassination of Calia
    Really? By whom, the Scarlets?

after all the infinite stuff happening i finally broke down and started the waist of time so i can have a bronze time keeping dracthyr

- - - Updated - - -

Really? By whom, the Scarlets?
    possibly but there were also those undead on the council that when you grab the blight sample sound almost disappointed she survived

- - - Updated - - -

her offering gilneas back to the alliance probably makes them go "no those are our lands as well how dare you favor the living" the scarlet then use this as a way to raise suspicions with the living and make them doubt Genn or stage an attack to make it seem like the forsaken planned a betrayal. This inevitably leads to distrust and friction between the two factions which the scarlet can use

after all the infinite stuff happening i finally broke down and started the waist of time so i can have a bronze time keeping dracthyr

- - - Updated - - -

possibly but there were also those undead on the council that when you grab the blight sample sound almost disappointed she survived

- - - Updated - - -

her offering gilneas back to the alliance probably makes them go "no those are our lands as well how dare you favor the living" the scarlet then use this as a way to raise suspicions with the living and make them doubt Genn or stage an attack to make it seem like the forsaken planned a betrayal. This inevitably leads to distrust and friction between the two factions which the scarlet can use
    Nah that's not the feeling I got from them. They seemed more like "well if she ends up useful, we can keep her" and she ended up useful. As long as Calia doesn't try to stop the apothecaries from their research, they won't oppose her (of course the only reasonable thing would be for her to eventually try to stop them since you know, they are insane monsters). I can see the Scarlets going for her if they have Calia's daughter (I do not think it's Taelia).

Nah that's not the feeling I got from them. They seemed more like "well if she ends up useful, we can keep her" and she ended up useful. As long as Calia doesn't try to stop the apothecaries from their research, they won't oppose her (of course the only reasonable thing would be for her to eventually try to stop them since you know, they are insane monsters). I can see the Scarlets going for her if they have Calia's daughter (I do not think it's Taelia).
    they claim to have a male heir so its automatically a fake but they would definitely kill her for trying to get the alliance to work with the undead

they claim to have a male heir so its automatically a fake but they would definitely kill her for trying to get the alliance to work with the undead
    Ah a male heir? Missed that detail.

Ah a male heir? Missed that detail.
    yeah its the big thing that made people figure it was all a lie
    the black dragon part comes from the fact that black dragons like messing with the affairs of mortals
    now the debate is whether the dragon is the heir or the leader of the scarlets

yeah its the big thing that made people figure it was all a lie
    the black dragon part comes from the fact that black dragons like messing with the affairs of mortals
    now the debate is whether the dragon is the heir or the leader of the scarlets
    Given their history, i'd expect the Dragon to be a Dreadlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Stromgarde was nearly completely restored and occupied by the Alliance in the Arathi Highlands Warfront. Going from:

To:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

And the Alliance won the warfront, so presumably they control Stromgarde and its surrounding lands still.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    And the Alliance won the warfront, so presumably they control Stromgarde and its surrounding lands still.
    Pretty much but since Turalyon still talks about reclaiming the area, I assume the surrounding lands are not under their full control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Pretty much but since Turalyon still talks about reclaiming the area, I assume the surrounding lands are not under their full control.
    It's still contested, yes. But as Ar'gorok was completely destroyed at the Warfront's end, the only Horde presence in the area is a minor fortification at Hammerfall, which would likely prove only a little struggle for the heavily fortified and reinforced Stromgarde to take if they so chose.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Just to make sure, are we sure Turalyon's line is new and not just an old thing they haven't replaced yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Stromgarde was nearly completely restored and occupied by the Alliance in the Arathi Highlands Warfront. Going from:

To:

These are so tiny.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    A Nathrezim pretending to be a dragon, pretending to be a human.

Peak Infiltration skills.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nah it'll be a dragon because it plays well with the current black dragon politics with wrathion and sabellian