7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That depends on whether the Dragonriding customization has changed since hte opening pitch. Back then it sounded like you had one dedicated mount that you could change the appearance of, whereas now you have 4 (or 5) different ones.

Regardless, even if it is an entirely separate mount, I am still not convinced it would be that significant an improvement. So long as the challenges don't disappear they should become increasingly approachable and trivial to the regular player, while still being a significant reward to Dragonriding enthusiasts, given from Dragonriding related content.
    Sure seems more approachable than comparable endgame activities, like Revered with all factions, or defeating the last boss of the raid.

Realistically I would assume it's a reward from endgame questing. At least going by it's appearance being an HD version of the Soul of the Aspects. But I am still not convinced that is "easier" than all Dragonriding challenges at some treshold.
    Huh? It was obvious from the original announcement that we would get to ride (atleast) 4 different mounts for dragon riding. It was stated as that both on the website and the presskit.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hope dragons are something like artifact skins or azerite essences. So awarded for different types of content, first skin easy to achieve for everyone, then harder with every recolor. Big difference is that this time system is completely account wide, so you could do it on various characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I hope dragons are something like artifact skins or azerite essences. So awarded for different types of content, first skin easy to achieve for everyone, then harder with every recolor. Big difference is that this time system is completely account wide, so you could do it on various characters.
    so from what i have gathered from interviews and all that we get 4 base
    we get skins for things like dungeons and pvp and other content

They could even give us a mage tower type of content for exactly this. I think it would elevate the feature of Dragonriding a lot.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-07-25 at 08:30 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They could even give us a mage tower type of content for exactly this. I think it would elevate the feature of Dragonriding a lot.
    Of course, although mage tower needs class rewards. But nowadays they put a lot mounts in every patch, so even class dragons with separate recolors for each spec could be possible.

Anyone who has the alpha that can check how many targets can Flame Shock be spread to via Lava Lash? Is it still capped?

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course, although mage tower needs class rewards. But nowadays they put a lot mounts in every patch, so even class dragons with separate recolors for each spec could be possible.
    I think class specific dragon armour rewards could be possible. Don't think they will create 13 unique class drake models though - I would rather have them release atleast one generic new drake with lots of customization options per patch instead. Maybe Netherdrakes for 10.1, Faydragons (they already re-used the heart of the aspects model for the snakes so shop mounts could get propper recolours) for 10.2 (or whatever the emerald dream patch will be) and propper big Dragons/Wyrms for the final patch?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

They could just add class-specific symbols or items to the dragons, e.g. books for Paladins, quivers for Hunters, barrels for Monks etc. So basically the exact same mount model with different attachments.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

So we don't know anything about the final story of the raid but we did see 4 incarnates in the first press release and the idea of the first raid is that they are trying to release them

The final boss according to the current journal doesn't really have anything to do with them though

Is it possible we are going to see a hidden final boss like algalon??

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    The final boss according to the current journal doesn't really have anything to do with them though
    ???

The final boss is Raszageth, one of the Incarnates.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    ???

The final boss is Raszageth, one of the Incarnates.
    From the questing she's a powerful proto dragon but I didn't think she was an incarnate since the art we saw of them in the announcement was so different and she was sealed in a different prison

I might just be missing a ton since most places just have summaries

Still that's only 1 of 4 so is it possible they get released?

7+ Year Old Account

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    From the questing she's a powerful proto dragon but I didn't think she was an incarnate since the art we saw of them in the announcement was so different and she was sealed in a different prison

I might just be missing a ton since most places just have summaries

Still that's only 1 of 4 so is it possible they get released?
    At the very least given her power level and leading the current primalist forces after Kurog frees her, I would say she's an incarnate.

That's cool, possibly a 5th dragonriding model for 10.1? The next evolution of the cloud serpent design.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    That's cool, possibly a 5th dragonriding model for 10.1? The next evolution of the cloud serpent design.
    Yep, confirmed fifth model.

It's uses the Heart of the Aspects rigging.
    https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/statu...DLp0Y3jlQ&s=19
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...ohQyw2BPg&s=19

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    After playing around with the dressing room a bit, I'm actually on board now with normal classes being available for Dracthyr later on in the Expansion (maybe once we reconquered the Forbidden Reaches?).

A chromatic flight inspired rogue would be so cool! Or maybe a hunter with Chromaggus as pet.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind that the mount may not have that sit animation sadly. But yeah, the snake drakes are super cool! Looking forward to the new lore about them, the velocydrakes and the wyverns.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-25 at 01:44 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I noticed the dungeon armor models correspond to different groups on the Isles: Titans/watchers, Tuskarr, Centaurs and Djaradin. REALLY like the Centaur and Tuskarr ones (mail and leather).

I hope this doesn't mean that Tuskarr and Centaurs don't have armor rewards for their covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I noticed the dungeon armor models correspond to different groups on the Isles: Titans/watchers, Tuskarr, Centaurs and Djaradin. REALLY like the Centaur and Tuskarr ones (mail and leather).

I hope this doesn't mean that Tuskarr and Centaurs don't have armor rewards for their covenants.
    Im just surprised the mail set doesn't look horrible for once. I wonder if the designers decided to out some extra effort in now that Dracthyr will use Mail as well.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Is that the Dragonriding Serpent with a different look? Or?
    Yes.

/10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Im just surprised the mail set doesn't look horrible for once. I wonder if the designers decided to out some extra effort in now that Dracthyr will use Mail as well.
    I think it's because this time they went for a class-based look (Hunters because the Centaurs are hunters) over "lol it has scales and dead animals on it"