i want build!!!!

incoming beta and 10.0 prepatch on ptr baby

Quote Originally Posted by Tyruin View Post
    Hoping we get some music in the next build
    Music is often only added in the last month of the beta tbh. It's pretty much the last new thing we get to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    incoming beta and 10.0 prepatch on ptr baby
    When they just said that they will have an upcoming alpha build?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    They did? Dang...
    Yeah, in regards to upcoming Priest changes just two days ago:

Greetings, Priests! With the next alpha update, you will see that all trees within the Priest class...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, in regards to upcoming Priest changes just two days ago:

Greetings, Priests! With the next alpha update, you will see that all trees within the Priest class...
    That just means the next Alpha build will happen sometime between the post and the heat death of the universe, and it will contain priest changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    When they just said that they will have an upcoming alpha build?
    They said update
    Beta is technically an update to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    So all the builds are going to be coming out on Thursday / Friday henceforth ...
    We also had Wrath pre-patch launch this week which might have taken some live ops time which might have pushed stuff a little (just like 9.2.7).

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    They said update
    Beta is technically an update to alpha
    They did say alpha update. And I think we are still missing one spec and one dungeon? Haven't kept good track of professions. I also was hoping for beta this week but I think the next build will still be Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That just means the next Alpha build will happen sometime between the post and the heat death of the universe, and it will contain priest changes.
    Yeah and it basically confirms that we don't get beta yet, which was the question raised.

5+ Year Old Account
    NeW bUiLD toDaY?

If we don't get beta today, i'm almost sure we're going to get at least an announcement. We have less than 3 months left until the leaked date.

Ion said earlier though that as soon as every spec and is playable they would move into beta as soon as possible.
    Maybe this build they announce the beta or next week. I doubt they would announce beta in the middle of the priest changes post.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Ion said earlier though that as soon as every spec and is playable they would move into beta as soon as possible.
    Maybe this build they announce the beta or next week. I doubt they would announce beta in the middle of the priest changes post.
    Well we still don't have Vengeance. I think we will get Vengeance this week and then the built after will be beta.

I like the difference between beta and alpha this time. Alpha is focused testing limited content making sure it works, before Beta ends up being mass test what you want, with maybe some content being pointed out as "We want this tested?"

Also, they can start raid testing in beta if they want.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I like the difference between beta and alpha this time. Alpha is focused testing limited content making sure it works, before Beta ends up being mass test what you want, with maybe some content being pointed out as "We want this tested?"

Also, they can start raid testing in beta if they want.
    It's possible Blizzard is just going to flat out not test bosses before releasing them. The final three bosses of Sepulcher was considered a smashing success by almost everyone, barring the high tuning. Given Blizzard agrees raids should be easier I think they might just err on the side of low tuning with mythic WF difficulty coming from the bosses being complete unknowns. This is especially relevant seeing as Mythic will likely release first week, meaning WF raids will see ALL the bosses for the first time, not just the final boss, and not just on that specific difficulty.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I expect we’ll get the alpha build today or tomorrow and then get beta next week.

As for PTR, it would be very strange for that to go live before the beta, or even at the same time. I’d expect the PTR sometime AFTER beta launches, so maybe in a few weeks time?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I expect we’ll get the alpha build today or tomorrow and then get beta next week.

As for PTR, it would be very strange for that to go live before the beta, or even at the same time. I’d expect the PTR sometime AFTER beta launches, so maybe in a few weeks time?
    Given the PTR is open to all and BETA is invite only, they may want PTR up for as much talent feedback as possible.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Pre-patch on PTR doesn’t make sense as long as they’re still heavily tuning and changing talent trees in alpha / beta. Which is the case to this day. Add a completely missing spec and it should be obvious that PTR is several weeks away.