Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    While very likely, i'd imagine they'd rather use the female night elf model as a base.
    The Draenei female skeleton has the needed bones for animating satyr legs. Night elves don't. So they will use female draenei as a base if they ever introduce them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The Draenei female skeleton has the needed bones for animating satyr legs. Night elves don't. So they will use female draenei as a base if they ever introduce them.
    Didn't they also use it for female Fae? It works perfectly.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Didn't they also use it for female Fae? It works perfectly.
    Male and female Sylvari both use Draenei female skeleton. They have special run animation, but otherwise it is just Draenei female set.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah that's what inspired me to say that honestly.

One thing I was adamant on was "Classic is going to get a set of fresh servers in 2022, the big draw for these will be pre-nerf raid bosses instead of 1.12 versions."
    Well, looks like they're actually buffing them quite a bit beyond that. Though if we're honest, even 1.0 raid bosses wouldn't have been much of a challenge to today's raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly, I am happy for everything. As long as Mage boosting and the collapse of the economy gets prevented as well they can count me in to level to 60 again.
    Doubt they'll change a leveling style that's so iconic to a class. I do hope they consider re-structuring the PvP rank system so that it isn't complete cancer that leads to people shitting on their own faction for playing too much or not falling in line to premades.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its one thing to make a pop culture reference its another to have a whole questline about it(ULDUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM). Don't misunderstand me I wasn't mad at that during Cata but looking back it would of been nice for more juicy Titan lore instead of...welll Harrison Jones
    I had that feeling IN cata while doing those. I like the indiana jones movies, but this flatout sucked on so many levels.

The animations of it were cringe which were terrible to look at and like you said we could have gotten more on those egyptian titans. For years people speculated on that area in tanaris.. only to sort of forget about that whole mystery and make it a zonenof references...

blizzard being so inclusive they proudly announcing about adding an incubus demon to the game... an actual raping-women-in-their-sleep-demon. this is a comedy skit.

Quote Originally Posted by niilokin View Post
    blizzard being so inclusive they proudly announcing about adding an incubus demon to the game... an actual raping-women-in-their-sleep-demon. this is a comedy skit.
    And a succubus is a raping-men-in-their-sleep-demon.

Succubi have become so absurdly sexualized over time that even the original intent of a demon preying on lustful men has become fetishized. Removing the demon isnt really feasible at this point, so it's easier to even out the sexualization instead of removing it flat out.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Succubi have become so absurdly sexualized over time that even the original intent of a demon preying on lustful men has become fetishized. Removing the demon isnt really feasible at this point, so it's easier to even out the sexualization instead of removing it flat out.

incubi should have been in the game from the beginning IMO, but I can't stop laughing that a company that was just accused of sexual harassment towards women in their workplace "evens out" by adding another, male rapey demon to the game just then.

incubi should have been in the game from the beginning IMO, but I can't stop laughing that a company that was just accused of sexual harassment towards women in their workplace "evens out" by adding another, male rapey demon to the game just then.
    If they removed Succubi completely then they run the risk of being called puritanical, but if they add Incubi to even it out instead then they have added something to the game instead of just taking things away.

Besides, removing Succubi wholesale is close to impossible when they are so prevalent in the game, much easier then to just replace half of them with Incubi and call it a job well done.

Battling injustice with injustice is the exact reaction this is implying, which is beyond silly. If a Succubus is too fetishized (in a video game, lol!) then remove it and replace it with something else. Adding a male version doesn't add anything besides doubling down on the initial problem.

Don't get me wrong, I think all of these surficial bullsh*t reactions from Blizzard's wokeness team are doing more harm than good while not even scratching the surface of the real problem, but this doesn't help at all. It's like fighting racism with racism or "positive discrimination". All of this just leaves a very foul taste. But this thread is the wrong place to discuss it. I hope we actually get some real news and leaks in the next weeks because the recent state of this thread is pitiful, at best.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Legion should have added Incubi if they really cared about what their Warlock players wanted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Legion should have added Incubi if they really cared about what their Warlock players wanted.
    I think that back in Legion locks were more concerned with class performance and gameplay than a pet skin.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I think that back in Legion locks were more concerned with class performance and gameplay than a pet skin.
    They added half a dozen new pets in Legion, if there ever was a chance for an Incubus, it was back then.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    They added half a dozen new pets in Legion, if there ever was a chance for an Incubus, it was back then.
    So like what, it's too late now? Instead of being glad we should go like "wtf y so late"? Incubi don't need a lore reason to be added at any point.

Battling injustice with injustice is the exact reaction this is implying, which is beyond silly. If a Succubus is too fetishized (in a video game, lol!) then remove it and replace it with something else. Adding a male version doesn't add anything besides doubling down on the initial problem.

Don't get me wrong, I think all of these surficial bullsh*t reactions from Blizzard's wokeness team are doing more harm than good while not even scratching the surface of the real problem, but this doesn't help at all. It's like fighting racism with racism or "positive discrimination". All of this just leaves a very foul taste. But this thread is the wrong place to discuss it. I hope we actually get some real news and leaks in the next weeks because the recent state of this thread is pitiful, at best.
    It's silly, but it is the best alternative in lieu of proper equality.

Ensuring everyone is treated fairly is almost impossible when intent collides with reality, and it is true that women have less power than men in society, doubly so in gaming in which women are sometimes treated as commodity for a male-centric demographic.

There is an important concept in sociology that is the difference between achieving equality and achieving equity.
    Equality is what we should strive towards, but unless everyone is inherently on different footings equality often ends up with wildly unequal results.
    This is why instead society often strives for equity, that being equality of result, rather than equality of resources.

A common problem with equity however is that for those who need less help equality ends up looking like favouritism.
    However, since it isn't possible to change this without restructuring society as a whole this is a problem where you just need to learn to suck it up sadly.

7+ Year Old Account
    The incubi addition is literally the same decision which made them add male NPCs to BT and Kara.
    They are trying to equalize the already present objectification in the game, rendering it negligible.

Formerly known as Arafal

Don't forget female satyrs. The Legion artbook evne had some concept art for them, so clearly they were considered long into development.
    Hopefully with Incubi there is also hope for female satyrs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The incubi addition is literally the same decision which made them add male NPCs to BT and Kara.
    They are trying to equalize the already present objectification in the game, rendering it negligible.
    I mean, if it works it works. Much more difficult to argue blatant female objectification if objectification as a whole is more likely.
    Succubi have long been blatant objectification for years in gaming, at least now it's equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget female satyrs. The Legion artbook evne had some concept art for them, so clearly they were considered long into development.
    Hopefully with Incubi there is also hope for female satyrs.
    Different situation here. I really doubt female satyrs will be a thing w/o the race being prominent in current content, because then Blizz would just have to go back to previous xpacs and turn like half of them into females. What's the point of that it it's barely noticeable.

Different situation here. I really doubt female satyrs will be a thing w/o the race being prominent in current content, because then Blizz would just have to go back to previous xpacs and turn like half of them into females. What's the point of that it it's barely noticeable.
    More variation in general is nice. I sometimes run Emerald Nightmare on my alts for transmog, would be nice to have some variation in the ocean of satyrs available.

For that matter satyrs will one day come back, might as well get that bit of work out of the way for whenever anything emerald dream or night elf related happens.