Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is gonna be a Void Bomb in 9.2 Raid Cinematic. Either he gets incinerated by the Security System of the Sepulcher or he gets killed by Zovaal. Either way, I don't see him being a good character after this. He's just going to be a mindbroken husk who is going to become a new villain who went crazy as per usual.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    He's not even "constantly betrayed". His whole character is that he's essentially the "Luke Skywalker" of WoW. He's supposed to bring about the era of peace between both the Alliance and the Horde, and he's supposed to be who Arthas wasn't, the same way Luke (In Legends, at least) became what Anakin could've been, only difference being Anduin isn't Arthas' son.

He's among the main characters in all of WoW, so I'm kinda happy he's as diplomatic as he is. Also, Varian became WAY more interesting from WoTLK to Legion, and that was due to Anduin mainly.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen some theories suggesting Anduin will die at the end of SL, but that's like the dumbest thing I've ever heard, cause it would negate Anduin's purpose as a character.
    Arthas was a compelling character although not an orginal one. Everything arthas did in warcraft three was justified. Anduin being a useless twat isnt. He needed to either grow up after bane failed to do the right thing and was bullied into a war with the alliance or there needed to be a shift where the alliance stopped humoring him and excluded him from any important issue.

Having a constantly useless weak character in a setting like this makes for a poor story. There isn't a moment anywhere in wow were I can point to a belief or action anduin has that is remotely sensible.

The horde is so comically evil that in mop when they had an alliance commander order horde swimming they were in the right... the horde in question turned to demonic corruption again and where berserker brutes.

If wow was a different story and a different setting anduin would be a compelling character. He just doesn't make sense in this story or setting.
    Last edited by Postmasters; 2021-10-27 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's a greater problem that permeates BfA. That the developers want the Horde to both be irreversably evil to facillitate the burning of Teldrassil and then continued support of Sylvanas, but also doesnt want to actually blame the Horde for anything.
    Considering you're an Alliance apologist who has no problem with the invasion & assassination in Zuldazar shows me Blizzard knows exactly what they're doing: Making players hate the opposite faction based on their personal sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Considering you're an Alliance apologist who has no problem with the invasion & assassination in Zuldazar shows me Blizzard knows exactly what they're doing: Making players hate the opposite faction based on their personal sympathies.
    I mean, you're a Sylvanas fanboy who genuinely thinks she's a good guy and better than Alleria and Turalyon because they tortured one person (while Sylvanas and the Forsaken have tortured how many people since Classic), they have indeed performed their job flawlessly

It's a shame Sylvanas doesn't like you back though, since she was 100% ready to kill the PC (You) without remorse.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

There was the whole thunder king thing... you know that right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It is canonically explained that Sylvanas had no intention of saving her loyalist from the Janitor's plans.

Which is why the Loyalist player is canonically braindead to remain a Loyalist to someone who doesn't care about them and would happily throw them into the jaws of Hell.

It's kind of like Jon Snow from Game of Thrones, how he's so braindead and oblivious to everything and just says "she's ma qween" over and over and over again.

So congrats I guess Loyalist players, your character is the WC version of Jon Snow.
    But Dany did nothing wrong?

Neither did Sylvanas ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

None of those things sound interesting. Especially not Anduin just stealing Sylvanas' original noble undead characterization. Dealing with the Light & Void sounds interesting, but since Turalyon & Alleria seem to be the Light/Void instigators I think its more likely we're getting a Light-&-Void-team-up-to-oppress-Azeroth storyline
    Way to literally ignore Anduin's entire character, the fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Postmasters View Post
    Arthas was a compelling character although not an orginal one. Everything arthas did in warcraft three was justified. Anduin being a useless twat isnt. He needed to either group up after bane failed to do the right thing and was bullied into a war with the alliance or there needed to be a shift where the alliance stopped humoring him and excluded him from any important issue.

Having a constantly useless weak character in a setting like this makes for a poor story. There isn't a moment anywhere in wow were I can point to a belief or action anduin has that is remotely sensible.

The horde is so comically evil that in mop when they had an alliance commander order horde swimming they were in the right... the horde in question turned to demonic corruption again and where berserker brutes.

If wow was a different story and a different setting anduin would be a compelling character. He just doesn't make sense in this story or setting.
    How the hell is Anduin "weak" or "useless", the fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not even "constantly betrayed". His whole character is that he's essentially the "Luke Skywalker" of WoW. He's supposed to bring about the era of peace between both the Alliance and the Horde, and he's supposed to be who Arthas wasn't, the same way Luke (In Legends, at least) became what Anakin could've been, only difference being Anduin isn't Arthas' son.

He's among the main characters in all of WoW, so I'm kinda happy he's as diplomatic as he is. Also, Varian became WAY more interesting from WoTLK to Legion, and that was due to Anduin mainly.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen some theories suggesting Anduin will die at the end of SL, but that's like the dumbest thing I've ever heard, cause it would negate Anduin's purpose as a character.
    Its all dumb shit. Jaina's character is not bad writing not BFA's like at all but bad writing around here is basically everyone's "I win" button.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"Anduin stealing Sylvanas' NOBLE UNDEAD CHARACTERIZATION"

WHAT????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its all dumb shit. Jaina's character is not bad writing not BFA's like at all but bad writing around here is basically everyone's "I win" button.
    I think people just hate Anduin...

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Anduin is gonna be a Void Bomb in 9.2 Raid Cinematic. Either he gets incinerated by the Security System of the Sepulcher or he gets killed by Zovaal. Either way, I don't see him being a good character after this. He's just going to be a mindbroken husk who is going to become a new villain who went crazy as per usual.
    Why a Void bomb? The Janitor is an enemy of the Void, in fact he was referred to as the "true enemy" by both the Void Lords and the Old God N'Zoth.

I wonder if Anduin has a role to play in the bargain between the Light and the Janitor that N'Zoth mentioned, or if he is indeed the object of that bargain.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I know this is a "possible future", but this entire story expresses who Anduin is to a T.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why a Void bomb? The Janitor is an enemy of the Void, in fact he was referred to as the "true enemy" by both the Void Lords and the Old God N'Zoth.

I wonder if Anduin has a role to play in the bargain between the Light and the Janitor that N'Zoth mentioned, or if he is indeed the object of that bargain.
    Should've read Shadows Rising. Specifically placed in the book by Blizzard. Probably nothing though.

N'zoth will save us.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Way to literally ignore Anduin's entire character, the fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

How the hell is Anduin "weak" or "useless", the fuck?
    By being weak and useless? You act like the ball is in my court here..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Should've read Shadows Rising. Specifically placed in the book by Blizzard. Probably nothing though.

N'zoth will save us.
    I hope so.. hes less of a asshole then elune

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The whole thunderking thing was unrelated to the kingdom at large the mogu even show up trying to cash in on it and get beat off by the zandalari.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

By being weak and useless? You act like the ball is in my court here..

- - - Updated - - -

I hope so.. hes less of a asshole then elune
    It is. You need to explain how he’s “weak and useless” here.

I know this is a "possible future", but this entire story expresses who Anduin is to a T.
    It does.. the demon was right.

That has like…no barring on the Zandalari’s involvement here.

It is. You need to explain how he’s “weak and useless” here.
    Hes failed at every thing. Forgiven every betrayal and killed legions of his people due to his weakness. Anduin has yet to have a success story... hell wod happened in part to him trying to find redemption for garrosh.
    Last edited by Postmasters; 2021-10-27 at 05:53 PM.

It does.. the demon was right.
    No. He was wrong. He was a manipulative agent that got fucked over by Anduin’s righteous yet noble heart. That was the point of the story.

That has like…no barring on the Zandalari’s involvement here.
    It kind of does.. it has always been a hostile power and one that acted directly against other nations. I like the trolls they are pretty much the only character race beyond gnomes and goblins that act in their own self interests. I am jot going to pretend they are noble or simple neutral parties though.

- - - Updated - - -

No. He was wrong. He was a manipulative agent that got fucked over by Anduin’s righteous yet noble heart. That was the point of the story.
    Then he wouldn't of been right.. garrosh, wod, bane, there are dozens of examples of anduin fucking up because reality was to scary for him to contemplate or he was to foolish to do the right thing. Arthas was what anduin should aspire to.