Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They did put their foot down a bit during WoD about the no flying. They got a lot of shit for it. They can't win. I'm not one to restrict players too much but flying does make things go by faster then on foot. No actuallys, its just what it is. I mean there was a whole movement behind bringing back flying and such.

I don't want to rehash that shit again, its tiring.
    It does make things faster, but it doesn't add to gameplay. Blizzard was absolutely correct in thinking that flying is detrimental to the open world gameplay. Their mistake was budging on the issue instead of keeping up the restriction and instead making a new version of flying that is balanced towards content, and which more importantly could be a fun mechanic and not the current version where you swim through the air unhindered by even basic laws of physics.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man they were not lying about dropping all of the info on WoW's future soon.

They're bringing back the old Private Class Balance Forum basically, but making it publically-visible and open-application.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Blizzard cannot design the game if they want to pander to those that genuinely dislike it.
    Blizzard can't attract new players if they approach design like that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Man they were not lying about dropping all of the info on WoW's future soon.

They're bringing back the old Private Class Balance Forum basically, but making it publically-visible and open-application.
    Bigggg expansion coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Blizzard can't attract new players if they approach design like that as well.
    They can attract players by making a game designed to be enjoyed by those that dislike it? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Surely you attract players by being a good version of the game you advertise yourself as.
    You don't see foot all games be designed to be enjoyed by players that dislike football. That would be insane. So why are there players that dislike open world content that want the game to be designed with them in mind, instead of for players that do want open world gameplay.

Summoning players directly to dungeons and raids is already fully implemented, there is no reason for those that want flying to demand the game cater to their whims when it's entirely pointless to them regardless.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I bet you that if any filler for Shadowlands was cancelled it was a Drust raid.
    Maybe it was planned as filler raid, but I don't there is missing chapter between 9.0 and 9.1. Maw was part of game since launch and planned as max level zone since reveal (in current situation 9.3 is uncertain, but back then obviously they planned full expac). X.1 always resolve initial threat from launch and Anduin being kidnapped wasn't really something that could be postponed from story POV.

Imo if 9.3 will be scrapped, either current 9.2 will be mix of old 9.2 & 9.3 (Jailer both geting stuff from Sepulcher and attacking Azeroth) or old version of 9.2 was separate adventure to rebuild Zovaal's key.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Boralus was great, but Dazar'alor was terrible because everything was all over the place.

Anyway, another expansion cycle, another "Oh yeah guys, this completely vague statement totally means there will be a world revamp this time guys, and we will be stuck in stasis and the world will continue and thats why we will be boring adventurers, just you wait guys!!!" just like the last 3 expansions.
    If you chose the flying loa it was pretty easy to get from the pyramid to the dock, the complaints about that were blown out of proportions.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

From what I gather from the interview is that 9.2 or 9.2.5 will be the last patch of the expac.
    Let's hope we hear something soon about it. 9.1 is so dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    From what I gather from the interview is that 9.2 or 9.2.5 will be the last patch of the expac.
    Let's hope we hear something soon about it. 9.1 is so dead.
    They didn't explicitly say its the last patch. They would of flat out said it instead of be kinda cagey about post 9.2 stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They didn't explicitly say its the last patch. They would of flat out said it instead of be kinda cagey about post 9.2 stuff.
    No they wouldn't have. If they said that 9.2 was the last patch without showing how big it is, there would've been outrage.

From what he said though I think it's likely 9.2 or 9.2.5 is the last patch.

All Blizzard stated was that 9.2 would provide the full context towards the end of SL.

That legit can mean anything. I personally think it may be the last patch, but I may be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

“A Drust raid got cancelled”

There was never going to be a Drust raid. Stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Right... but wouldn't using the Sepulcher to remake the world be the whole pretense for a World Revamp? Otherwise why introduce that? Otherwise they could have just had the Jailer take that Portal right to Azeroth

- - - Updated - - -

He was asking for our dream azeroth content
    No. A world revamp would simply mean "update Kalimdor, Northrend, Eastern Kingdoms, AND/OR Pandaria to the modern art design and have them fit with the current time period when compared to the rest of the world (This could include updating the Legion/BFA Zones as well a bit, which is the unfortunate part)".

No player wants to play on a Cata-stuck Azeroth anymore. It's ugly, boring, confusing, and it's not interesting to players, especially since WoD is when players start seeing the current Art model being used for zones.

- - - Updated - - -

None of this has to fucking mean "OH WOW ZOVAAL WON!". Blizzard's established more than once that we'll always slap the villains, regardless of their power or relevance. That's the narrative of WoW. If Zovaal wins in SL, we're done. The end. That's not how WoW works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    I got the opposite impression - Ion said that they have "more planned after 9.2", which to me means that 9.2 is definetely not the last patch of Shadowlands and that 9.3 is reasonably likely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    All Blizzard stated was that 9.2 would provide the full context towards the end of SL.
    This likely means that once we know what happens in 9.2, we'll know how the expansion ends, i.e. what we'll be doing in either 9.2.5 or 9.3.

EDIT: I misread the original quote.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-11-02 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I got the opposite impression - Ion said that they have "much more planned after 9.2", which to me means that 9.3 is going to happen.
    More like more WoW is coming after 9.2....

Edit: Wrong topic. Um...Ion made WoW suck so now he sucks too? I dunno.

Bring back Murozond and have him Endgame the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I got the opposite impression - Ion said that they have "much more planned after 9.2", which to me means that 9.2 is definetely not the last patch of Shadowlands and that 9.3 is reasonably likely, because .5 patches aren't really "much" in terms of content.

This likely means that once we know what happens in 9.2, we'll know how the expansion ends, i.e. what we'll be doing in either 9.2.5 or 9.3.
    I don't know what it "likely" means at all. I don't really care either. Whether we get a 9.3 or not is irrelevant, so long as SL's a complete expansion in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Edit: Wrong topic. Um...Ion made WoW suck so now he sucks too? I dunno.

Bring back Murozond and have him Endgame the game.
    No singular person made WoW "suck".

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    More like more WoW is coming after 9.2....
    But that's obvious - even if 9.2 is the last patch of Shadowlands, there's going to be another expansion and thus "more WoW".

I invite you to read the actual quote from the interview, including the question that was asked:
    You talked about 9.2 a bit, but beyond that, should we expect a 2.5 or a .3 for this expansion cycle? Or will it be 9.2 and then looking toward the next thing?
    The question is about Shadowlands patches, in that context, if Ion says that they have "more planned", logically it should refer to Shadowlands patches, i.e. that they have more patches planned after 9.2 and that either 9.2.5 or even 9.3 is a thing.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-11-02 at 01:13 AM.

Ya know, they could be extending SL's length for a multitude of reasons, not just because of COVID.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya know, they could be extending SL's length for a multitude of reasons, not just because of COVID.
    Well we can all agree that one reason it isn't is because SL is good.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Who said they're extending SL's length? There's no evidence it won't be 2 years long, the average for every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    One paragraph of text in chronicle 1 that barely describes the place is not an established background.
    It existed long before that.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said they're extending SL's length? There's no evidence it won't be 2 years long, the average for every expansion.
    Considering the massive lack of a 9.2, and considering that, around this time of the month, we'd be anticipating 10.0's announcement by now, I seriously doubt this expansion's going to be "on schedule". I don't expect it to. You're naive to think otherwise.