Also:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...-Investor-Call

Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV will be launched later than originally planned, as more development time is needed to reach their full potential.

So we're definitely getting 10.0 next year or Blizz has nothing but Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They can still coast on by milking the Hearthstone and WoW whales. I expect there will probably be more layoffs, though.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...304198154?s=20

one of blizzard's new "co-leaders" has already stepped down.

yikes!

Same colors and design. Even the blade material.

I just looked at the model and it does have more red on it, so it could be a Dreadlord weapon?
    I mean, the icon is literally called "Inv_sword_2h_revendreth_c_01"

Also:

Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV will be launched later than originally planned, as more development time is needed to reach their full potential.

You are in full on cope mode.

This pretty much confirms what everyone with more than 2 brain cells has been saying ITT, that they had NOTHING to show. And that is the real reason for Blizzconline's cancelation.

2023 for 10.0 lmao

Also, considering all the changes for new players, do we have any proof that wow isn't getting new players? Or is just another case of "I feel like/I haven't seen"
    The Newcomer chat isn't too busy on most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's still too much. You got the origin of Horde and Alliance and their war that's relevant. That the Horde came from Draenor with BL.That brings BL as a major, shaping force. We just had BfA, that touched Azshara, which means the Sundering and civilization before that, their relationship with xurrent elves etc. Then we got Old Gods, that means their history and motives. Not to even mention Sylvanas and her presence and doings since W3, Anduin, therefore his father, Thrall and his story. It is just damn too much. And SL has it actually, because we move to a different dimension separated from Azeroth.
    Alliance and Horde are at war because of the grudge that stemmed from when the orcs accepted a demonic bargain to attack Azeroth, and afterwards got stuck when their planet got destroyed. Though the Alliance mostly existed before this, the Horde has added disenfranchised races from across the Azeroth since they left the Eastern Kingdoms.

That is basically all the player needs to know to get the gist of what the Alliance and Horde are. And even this small peice of text could be divvied up over several quests that all explain the smaller intricacies of why orcs are green and had to escape to Kalimdor.

I think you are vastly overestimating how much knowledge of lore is needed to get into a more grounded WoW expansion.
    As I said before, Shadowlands is the far outlier in how much knowledge is needed, since it requires explanations on Arthas, WotLK, Death Knights, Bolvar, and much of Sylvanas' story. But even then, if you sat the player down you could probably explain all of this in a fairly short questline.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Also:

So it’s like Blizzcon 2018.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post

yikes!
    Honestly, this is tragicomic at this point.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

yikes!
    Lasted 91 days. Huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also:

It can't be said with confidence that "later than originally planned" excludes the possibility of either game launching in 2022 since we don't know what the "original plan" was, but since it's an investors call, I'd count the potential release delays in quarters, not entire years.

You are in full on cope mode.

This pretty much confirms what everyone with more than 2 brain cells has been saying ITT, that they had NOTHING to show. And that is the real reason for Blizzconline's cancelation.

2023 for 10.0 lmao
    They for sure won’t extend expansions, they want to make them shorter to generate cash.

No release in 2022 means losing out HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars.

Diablo Immortal is their only release for 2022 and that’s free to play. If they don’t release an WoW expansion, the entire year will be a shitshow for investors.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

As for the "expansions require lengthy explanations" thing, I think that could be mitigated by Blizzard creating a cinematic a Lord of War-style montage that very briefly gives you the broadstrokes of the Warcraft universe, or at least the parts that are relevant to the story of the expansion. GW2 did this with the HoT expansion intro, since new players were able to boost to level cap and jump straight into HoT's story, and season 1's quest content was removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    https://investor.activision.com/stat...7-c18ebdb6b0e7

Yeah their MAU didn't change at all. Guess normies dont care about all that made up stuff.
    Every time you open a different Blizzard game, you are being counted as different MAU. They did that HS promotion for the mount recently, so that will give massive boost in MAUs from people who haven't normally opened HS in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    As for the "expansions require lengthy explanations" thing, I think that could be mitigated by Blizzard creating a cinematic a Lord of War-style montage that very briefly gives you the broadstrokes of the Warcraft universe, or at least the parts that are relevant to the story of the expansion. GW2 did this with the HoT expansion intro, since new players were able to boost to level cap and jump straight into HoT's story, and season 1's quest content was removed from the game.
    I mean, GW2 is probably the worst example to name in this discussion because playing HOT straight after the base game (because let's be honest, what new player has Season 2) is the most confusing shit ever. Same with POF without having played Season 3. And it will be the same with EOD.

"These decisions will push out the financial uplift that we had expected to see next year. But we are confident that this is the right course of action for our people, our players, and the long-term success of our franchises."

They were expecting OW2/D4 next year. This is why earlier this year they were saying that 2022 would be big for Blizzard. Yikes!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Every time you open a different Blizzard game, you are being counted as different MAU. They did that HS promotion for the mount recently, so that will give massive boost in MAUs from people who haven't normally opened HS in a long, long time.
    Yep. I was one of those. They counted me as a new MAU when I clicked on HS for that promotion and then uninstalled again 5 minutes later, lmao.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Alliance and Horde are at war because of the grudge that stemmed from when the orcs accepted a demonic bargain to attack Azeroth, and afterwards got stuck when their planet got destroyed. Though the Alliance mostly existed before this, the Horde has added disenfranchised races from across the Azeroth since they left the Eastern Kingdoms.

That is basically all the player needs to know to get the gist of what the Alliance and Horde are. And even this small peice of text could be divvied up over several quests that all explain the smaller intricacies of why orcs are green and had to escape to Kalimdor.

I think you are vastly overestimating how much knowledge of lore is needed to get into a more grounded WoW expansion.
    As I said before, Shadowlands is the far outlier in how much knowledge is needed, since it requires explanations on Arthas, WotLK, Death Knights, Bolvar, and much of Sylvanas' story. But even then, if you sat the player down you could probably explain all of this in a fairly short questline.
    Ye, and every time they bring back an established lore character, they should tell players who that is. And how are you gonna briefly and w/e ham-fisted exposition tell players who is Jaina, Thrall, KT and many many more.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, GW2 is probably the worst example to name in this discussion because playing HOT straight after the base game (because let's be honest, what new player has Season 2) is the most confusing shit ever. Same with POF without having played Season 3. And it will be the same with EOD.
    I think any stylized video made for wow should at least be seen ingame instead of just the internet(Like how you can talk to that one attendent dude that talks about the Shadowlands and what recently happened). The cinematics IMO deserve to be placed in game for any access.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Also:

So they should rush out another expansion to get another trainwreck?

They would literally kill the game for one last good Quarterly Report.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    HoT's premise is relatively simple to explain. "The setting of this game is called Tyria. The nations of Tyria formed an alliance called a Pact. You are the Pact Commander. You are leading an expedition into the jungle to kill a dragon, but your airship fleet was destroyed and you crash landed in the jungle. Also, one of the races, the Sylvari, are actually sleeper agents of the jungle dragon, so there is distrust among the Pact regarding their Sylvari allies."

Path of Fire is admittedly more difficult to explain to newcomers. "You, the player character, are a sort of surrogate father to a baby dragon named Aurene. Also, you have an antagonistic relationship with a fire lord named Balthazzar, and you're chasing him into the desert. Also, your friends fought a purple dragon called Kralkatorik and failed, and now they are coming back for round 2".

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    It can't be said with confidence that "later than originally planned" excludes the possibility of either game launching in 2022 since we don't know what the "original plan" was, but since it's an investors call, I'd count the potential release delays in quarters, not entire years.
    4 quarters is a year!