Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So far it looks like a map- and skinpack with one new gamemode.
    That's what it should be. Instead they are changing every single hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    The release is Diablo Immortal. They need a solid game...otherwise...

On the other hand, what do they want with OW2? A new Bordelands?
    Fuck, maybe. It's already been shown that the new PvE stuff will come with full talent trees for each hero. One of those for each of the 32 current heroes plus one for the x number of new heroes doesn't sound like a small amount of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    "Substantial Releases" can't mean Hearthstone updates or Diablo Immortal. They learned at Blizzcon 2018 if you call a mobile game a "substantial release" they'll eat you alive.
    If we go by that, there’s nothing besides a WoW expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I do hope we get 9.2 news this month, but I myself personally will be wasting a shitload of time getting all the mounts/pets for the 3 other covenants I have ignored until now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    That's what it should be. Instead they are changing every single hero.
    I wouldn't knock the devolvement investment required to make a full PvE facet for the game, both story mode and hero missions. The Archives missions in OW1 are more of a gimmick so evolving that into a legitimate way to play the game probably isn't as easy as dropping bots into a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If we go by that, there’s nothing besides a WoW expansion.
    And when they rush 10.0 out next year, it'll be even worse trainwreck than Shadowlands.

The game is fucking dead.

I don't think there is any chance we will see 10.0 in 2022

And when they rush 10.0 out next year, it'll be even worse trainwreck than Shadowlands.

Trainwreck? I think it depends on what they were able to produce during Shadowland‘s runtime. It could easily be another WoD > Legion scenario.

I do hope that 10.0 doesn’t fail, but keeping Shadowlands around for 6-12 months longer than usual, will do the same if more worse damage overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    But when it’s their only feasible release for 2022?

Trainwreck? I think it depends on what they were able to produce during Shadowland‘s runtime. It could easily be another WoD > Legion scenario.

I do hope that 10.0 doesn’t fail, but keeping Shadowlands around for 6-12 months longer than usual, will do the same if more worse damage overall.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean aside from Diablo Immortal which has potential to be absolutely huge?

Really it depends on how far 10.0 is in progress, it would be awfully weird to see a longer drought in between 9.0 and 9.1 than 9.2 and 10.0.

I expect we'll get a fairly large 9.2 (bringing over some stuff from 9.3) in Q1, followed by a fall launch for 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    You mean aside from Diablo Immortal which has potential to be absolutely huge?
    Diablo Immortal is a F2P game that doesn’t generate immediate revenue. It’s been completely trashed since it’s release and only got better because the gameplay seems to be decent. It’s still a free to play mobile game and not a release in line with other Blizzard releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    I wouldn't knock the devolvement investment required to make a full PvE facet for the game, both story mode and hero missions. The Archives missions in OW1 are more of a gimmick so evolving that into a legitimate way to play the game probably isn't as easy as dropping bots into a map.
    Whatever it takes I guess. OW2 shouldn't be a rushed job either despite what people seem to want.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They've been working on the expansion since SL launch, did you see how few assets 9.1 featured?

Diablo Immortal is a F2P game that doesn’t generate immediate revenue. It’s been completely trashed since it’s release and only got better because the gameplay seems to be decent. It’s still a free to play mobile game and not a release in line with other Blizzard releases.
    LMAO

what the hell are you talking about? ahahaha

Really it depends on how far 10.0 is in progress, it would be awfully weird to see a longer drought in between 9.0 and 9.1 than 9.2 and 10.0.
    Well…

9.1: July (I don’t count that two days of June here)
    8 months
    9.2: February
    9 months
    10.0: November

It can work out if they’re committed to make it work out and not be another shitty BfA 2.0 launch.

"World of Warcraft is on track to show largest engagement in a non-expansion release year" I want to say gotchu but even I think that sounds like a lie. What they talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

WoD > Legion took 14 months between 6.2 release and Legion release.

There are not 14 months left between now and January 2023. They don't have the time to make a decent patch 9.2 and balls-to-the-walls amazing expansion for 10.0 during 2022. Either the expansion launches deep into 2023 or is unfinished trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    LMAO

what the hell are you talking about? ahahaha
    Exactly that. It’s a free to play game. It generates cash via its cashgrab model.

A game that has an initial price generates immediate revenue whereas Diablo Immortal does not.

- - - Updated - - -

"World of Warcraft is on track to show largest engagement in a non-expansion release year" I want to say gotchu but even I think that sounds like a lie. What they talking about?
    Pointless corporate talk without meaning.

Corporate speak for "people care a lot about warcraft right now" without actively talking about if they are playing. They wouldn't be wrong, lots of people are wondering if the game will die or not.