Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    People keep bringing lore as this huge obstacle for Cov AR's, but how many times do we have to tell them that this lore is new and developing and Blizz can easily and logically explain them joining us? It all just seems like a huge bias against entirety of SL.
    There are just different degrees of adjustments required.
    "Oh look, a few blood elves deserted after juicing on void magic, guess we could take them in"

vs.

"Oh look, the dead decided to come back from the afterlife and decided to help us fight our battles, sift through our shit and sweep our streets"
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Death of the author is a thing.

Let's be real, a lot of artists, authors, etc. through history were probably pieces of shit by today's standards. Whether someone continues to enjoy or support their work is up to them. I'm personally not supporting Blizzard in part due to the lawsuit.
    Ye, do people know Lovecraft was an actual racist?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

People be saying that Shadowlands writing sucks but then mention that it would be epic if 9.2 was in Northrend, in the same sentence

Todays bluepost: Season of Mastery: Name Reservation Starts This Week

Cya tomorrow guys

"Season of Mastery"

Bro can they fucking quit with classic? lmao

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If the players are going to ignore quality, by all means tell Blizzard to just have 40 boss raids with no mechanics. Just a long list of loot piniatas. Apparently thats what people want.
    As if this expansion exudes "quality". Let's go to the next expansion that also exudes "quality" with a rush job and a workforce that is burnt to crisps in Q4 2022.

But by all means, it is cute.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post

Cya tomorrow guys
    That's for Classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    There are just different degrees of adjustments required.
    "Oh look, a few blood elves deserted after juicing on void magic, guess we could take them in"

vs.

"Oh look, the dead decided to come back from the afterlife and decided to help us fight our battles, sift through our shit and sweep our streets"
    With how Covs and their zones have been presented I don't think anyone thinks about them as "dead". Remove afterlife thingy and each zone and its inhabitants could easily fit on Azeroth or different planet.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

December 7th .... mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    As if this expansion exudes "quality". Let's go to the next expansion that also exudes "quality" with a rush job and a workforce that is burnt to crisps in Q4 2022.
    In raiding? Yeah. I would say when it comes to just raids, Nathria & Sanctum are two of the best raids they've ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    For what ? PTR ? No way. It'll be in November

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post

Cya tomorrow guys
    That was posted yesterday (or this morning in the EU).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People be saying that Shadowlands writing sucks but then mention that it would be epic if 9.2 was in Northrend, in the same sentence
    Why wouldn't it be cool to have the final patch take place in Northrend?
    We have already seen whatever passes for epic and large scale in the Shadowlands proper, and the idea of returning to where you began to finish the narrative is a tried and true literary tool.

Several ways you could go about it too. Maybe we need somethin on Azeroth, so we have to go back in the thick of Scourge infested territory to get it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Just take a room with Hyrja or whatever. You must be the fun lad on parties, right?

With how Covs and their zones have been presented I don't think anyone thinks about them as "dead". Remove afterlife thingy and each zone and its inhabitants could easily fit on Azeroth or different planet.
    Yeah but the dead part is kinda important here, don't you think? I mean I've lost all hope for story cohesion long ago, but for the sake of argument let's pretend I haven't, then that is actually quite a big hurdle if you want the world of the game to make any semblance of sense.

If the "Sylvanas becomes the new Arbiter" thing turns out to be true, I fully expect the existing shadowlands paradigm to be completely replaced & she places the old 4 covenant zones gently on Azeroth. That's how you get them as allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but the dead part is kinda important here, don't you think? I mean I've lost all hope for story cohesion long ago, but for the sake of argument let's pretend I haven't, then that is actually quite a big hurdle if you want the world of the game to make any semblance of sense.
    Exactly, if you can go to the shadowlands, become a new race & just walk back out to Azeroth, then Sylvanas was 100% right this whole time: Death is meaningless, kill whomever you want & don't feel bad about it.

kill whomever you want & don't feel bad about it.
    Lol what kind of logic is that? The existence of an afterlife doesn't make wanton murder justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't her point(Sylvanas's point I mean).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

There's no evidence the large circles are their own locations. Or at the very least, Physical locations a mortal body could visit. That's why the Shadowlands & the "death" realm are different circles. IE: Why would there be a living world, a death world AND a SUPER LIFE world?

You should instead think of any territory these cosmic forces control as their "lands". The Shadowlands belongs to death as much as the Emerald Dream belongs to Life, as well as those Void Corrupted worlds? they belong to Void. Fel corrupted planets? Those belong to Chaos. Etc.
    As you said it. It is the Emerald Dream. Saying it's nothing special is like saying Shadowlands is only a grey filter (before they came up with current expansion).

While I see that point, the whole concept of life in the shadowlands makes no sense. The flora and fauny literally has a death and birthing generational cycle, not to mention some autum/winter life-cycle place that is actually a super-life zone as well. Blizzard wasted alot of potential in making the shadowlands more "otherworldy" in that regard. I'm not sure what a life-lands world would be though, because we already have supder thick woods and stuff, I don't see how Blizzard could make this different in any noticable way..
    Just like they made Shadowlands more than just a grey filter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Lol what kind of logic is that? The existence of an afterlife doesn't make wanton murder justified.
    This is all part of trying to whitewash Sylvis killing spree. Hey look! BBQing all these nevles didn't matter cuz they can come back!
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-09 at 06:31 PM.