Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Sounds like a rehash of Antorus.
    In what regard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I swear nearly half of SL is retcons lol
    Outside of MAYBE the Runecarver, a lot of the Expac aren't even retcons.

7+ Year Old Account
    9.2 could revolve around him getting the final Seal, with a smaller raid set in Oribos.
    Then have Zovaal start enacting his plans in 9.3 and we have to stop him.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    9.2 could revolve around him getting the final Seal, with a smaller raid set in Oribos.
    Then have Zovaal start enacting his plans in 9.3 and we have to stop him.
    Judging by the end of the raid...

He might already have the sigil before 9.2.

Hell, this entire patches questline is focused on the Jailer aiming for the last sigil.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Judging by the end of the raid...

He might already have the sigil before 9.2.

Hell, this entire patches questline is focused on the Jailer aiming for the last sigil.
    9.2 could easily then be about us finding a way to follow him that only comes to fruition in 9.3.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    9.2 could easily then be about us finding a way to follow him that only comes to fruition in 9.3.
    9.2 could be about the Jailer's plans for reality, and Life itself, since Death alone isn't what the Jailer wants to conquer.

9.2 could be about the Jailer's plans for reality, and Life itself, since Death alone isn't what the Jailer wants to conquer.
    That's more of a stretch, though. Narratively, finding a way to get to him would make more sense. 9.1 feels more like the second half of act 1 than act 2 to me.

Besides, that could still involve the Gardens somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's more of a stretch, though. Narratively, finding a way to get to him would make more sense. 9.1 feels more like the second half of act 1 than act 2 to me.

Besides, that could still involve the Gardens somehow.
    Could involve the Gardens definitely. But him defeating Death and becoming the ruler of the Shadowlands would definitely end Act 1 perfectly.

I think a 2 major patch and maybe one .5 patch cycle seems ever more likely if the sylvanas encounter stuff turns out to be true. The jailer wins 9.1, like Azshara freed hentai-bro, he might then fuck off to prepare some big shit but we can't follow. In the meantime a small enemy shows up that gives us 2-5 bosses in an 9.1.5 to bridge the gap towards 9.2, since the dev cycle is clearly fucked for SL. In 9.2 we see what the jailer is up to and we fight back. Unless Blizzard really wants to pull something entirely unrelated out of nowhere or wants to escalate the jailer story over 2 more major raids (which seems weird and frankly annoying as a premise) I don't see them doing a 3+ raid exapansion. I guess they could once again pull a "lol this expansion was really about something else entirely, hohohoho", but like chasing the Jailor for a 3rd time, it just doesn't seem like a good choice - especially after the criticism they faced after 8.3, but we also know they are resistent to advise.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think a 2 major patch and maybe one .5 patch cycle seems ever more likely if the sylvanas encounter stuff turns out to be true. The jailer wins 9.1, like Azshara freed hentai-bro, he might then fuck off to prepare some big shit but we can't follow. In the meantime a small enemy shows up that gives us 2-5 bosses in an 9.1.5 to bridge the gap towards 9.2, since the dev cycle is clearly fucked for SL. In 9.2 we see what the jailer is up to and we fight back. Unless Blizzard really wants to pull something entirely unrelated out of nowhere or wants to escalate the jailer story over 2 more major raids (which seems weird and frankly annoying as a premise) I don't see them doing a 3+ raid exapansion. I guess they could once again pull a "lol this expansion was really about something else entirely, hohohoho", but like chasing the Jailor for a 3rd time, it just doesn't seem like a good choice - especially after the criticism they faced after 8.3, but we also know they are resistent to advise.
    This. I can indeed see a small raid in 9.1.5, maybe even in Oribos as a direct outcome of 9.1 and SoD's finale. But two more content patches with raids dealing with the Jailer or his allies after 9.1? ZzzZZzZ. The small raid could feature Helya, Mal'ganis or Mueh'zala as an endboss, so we have a big named attached to it.

I mean, if the Jailer raid does not (partially) take place on Azeroth, it's hard to imagine how it would be any different from Sanctum of Domination. And then another 8-10 boss raid in between that? There's only so much you can recycle boss types and raid settings.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This. I can indeed see a small raid in 9.1.5, maybe even in Oribos as a direct outcome of 9.1 and SoD's finale. But two more content patches with raids dealing with the Jailer or his allies after 9.1? ZzzZZzZ. The small raid could feature Helya, Mal'ganis or Mueh'zala as an endboss, so we have a big named attached to it.

I mean, if the Jailer raid does not (partially) take place on Azeroth, it's hard to imagine how it would be any different from Sanctum of Domination. And then another 8-10 boss raid in between that? There's only so much you can recycle boss types and raid settings.
    My assumption:

We get a mini raid, either on the Gardens of Life or something like that.

And we get 1 more massive raid with the Jailer trying to claim all existence for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

The big reason I don't see this happening is because Blizz is putting anniversary content into this patch, which means they intend to have this patch roll forward for the rest of the year. If a 9.1.5 mini-raid patch was planned, anniversary content would be held off for that patch. We won't see any real content until 9.2 in 2022.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    The big reason I don't see this happening is because Blizz is putting anniversary content into this patch, which means they intend to have this patch roll forward for the rest of the year. If a 9.1.5 mini-raid patch was planned, anniversary content would be held off for that patch. We won't see any real content until 9.2 in 2022.
    The doomwalker stuff was actually planned for last year already, but got pushed back alongside the expansion launch.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I just want my drust raid / dungeon with awesome drust sets / weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I just want my drust raid / dungeon with awesome drust sets / weapons.
    I am like 90% certain we'll get a mini raid regarding the Drust, and Mueh'zala. That way, we can pop off and the whole Life shit will be mostly dealt with. Then, we'll stop Zovaal from chaining what the First Ones made.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I am wondering, what is the secret in Korthia the Jailer wants? Is it the Guardian?

Or...is it something that can help him claim reality or claim the other cosmic realms? This is definitely interesting, indeed. Cause we do know the Jailer wants to become the greatest being in all existence, he also wants to chain it.

Also, why does the Guardian of the First Ones look rather...holy? It also does Arcane attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

The First Ones being the guys that came before Light and Shadow and being the originators of Arcane, etc would definitely make sense imo. Would also explain why there are lords of each cosmic power outside of, supposedly, disorder.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2021-04-15 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The doomwalker stuff was actually planned for last year already, but got pushed back alongside the expansion launch.
    Right. But if their intention was to do that this year, then if a 9.1.5 content patch was in the works, the updates to the event would come then as it would need FAR less priority than pushing out a patch whose content is coming in July/August. Anniversary content being updated in 9.1 denotes that they plan to have this patch last until at least December with no content patches in between. A 9.1.5, were it to be released, would be more akin to 9.0.5.

I might have not payed attention but when is it mentioned that the winter queens sigil was taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    I mean, it was obvious 9.1 will be everything in 2021. Patches last for 6 months and mid June is the earliest release date. Now add 1+1 and you can see that 9.2 is not coming this year, at best it’s coming in January 2022. I didn’t know about the anniversary stuff though. I think they’ll give us a 9.1.5, but what it might contain is not finalized yet.

- - - Updated - - -

My assumption:

We get a mini raid, either on the Gardens of Life or something like that.

And we get 1 more massive raid with the Jailer trying to claim all existence for himself.
    What I said in the last weeks was that two more content patches with two more raid tiers after 9.1 is - from a timeline perspective - not really an option anymore.

So I totally can see them add a mini raid in a x.x.5 patch with 2-3 bosses, if it fits the story. Whatever that might be, Gardens of Life, Muezhala or just Oribos stuff, it’s a possibility to bridge the gap between tier 9.1 and tier 9.2. I just don’t see two more 10 boss raids after Sanctum of Domination.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-15 at 04:09 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Apparently this little shit is Mekgineer Thermaplugg himself.

Mord'al Eveningstar
    A ruthless tormenter of the smallest souls. Some say he was known in life as "Thermaplugg."
    - - - Updated - - -

Interesting about him is he died back in Cata, meaning the Arbiter sent him straight to the Maw.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting about him is he died back in Cata, meaning the Arbiter sent him straight to the Maw.
    Or Denathrius has thrown him in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    [image]
    We all know that Gnomes a irredeemable.