So I saw on Twitter devs were upset about a leaked Sylvanas cinematic but I can’t find it

Also I guess Afrasaibi had a problem with Danuser so he purposely made Sylvanas more obviously evil in BfA according to Alleria’s VA

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Zereth Mortis fails in my book simply because it's dealing with the Shadowlands, which we don't really know.
    Had this been Zereth Umbra or whatever and we had N'zoth attempt to use the very fabric of the universe to win I would probably have been much more engaged.
    Honestly if it was a Titan facility which created the Titan Keepers it would be far better than shoving "Creation" into the realm where souls go when the are "un-Created" from the physical realm.

As for OG, doesn't really make sense for them either
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-20 at 07:01 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The First Ones and the idea of other Zereths I both think and hope don't appear again, at least not in some form. I'm actually one of the few people who really likes the idea of Zereth Mortis and I think the concepts SL is playing with, poorly as it does, are fairly interesting but as you point out in your earlier posts, the aesthetic is extremely focused and lacks any chance for branching points. They're blowing their load on it now and I see them using the fact that most of the lore is from a character instead of omniscient perspective to be able to say that, for example, the First Ones were Titans or whatever and Zereth Mortis is the only one. Some elements will recur. The chances that Sylvanas appears again are 100% and Denathrius and the dreadlords are no-brainers.
    I'm eargerly waiting to experience Zereth Mortis, its zone, the main quest, side quests and the many little lore pieces that we will encounter throughout the zone before I can make a real comment on its value and what we can seriously expect.

For now, the aesthetic seems fine, no mind breaking visuals but maybe this isn't the right place for such. This place is supposed to be a test bed, an experiment center for crafting realities and mechanics behind life and death related to it. They bring personality programming, fate and other topics into this design, which is already quite a lot to take in for some players (and we see it first hand amongst the mmo-c community). Having some impressive visuals that make you loose some of your marks as well would maybe be too disturbing and players would not enjoy the experience.

I'll potentially revise my judgment when I'll have the chance to experience it on live (I don't want to spoil myself too much for now) but from what I've seen, the fauna sell it well enough for me without feeling like titan creations.

On the note of who might make an appearance in the future, i'm quite convinced that both Ysera and the Winter Queen will also show their faces once we get closer to Elune and her responsibilities.
    Last edited by Skildar; 2022-01-20 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Honestly if it was a Titan facility which created the Titan Keepers it would be far better than shoving "Creation" into the realm where souls go when the are "un-Created" from the physical realm.

Is it for all creation now? Is that confirmed? Because as a source for all afterlives as a means to only weave anima I think ZM would make quite alot of sense. As a source of all creation it's hopelessly overblown and misguided though, I agree.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, those Knights and Footmen would not exist before the renaissance. They're all clad in full plate, which was mostly around in the late 15th to 17th century.

For that matter, it took quite a while before guns replaced bows and siege machinery. Bows weren't completely replaced until after the renaissance was already over for some time.

So, yes. It resembles a renessaince setting far more than a medieval one.
    Like Turks were using monster bombards to take down Constantinople walls in 1453, Monster Bombards were quite advanced cannnons.
    There must have been pretty good cannons long time ago.

In 1420 Hussites, used hand cannons. And also big cannons only. No more catapult and this is still late medieval.

So the fact there are catapults and ballistas leans toward medieval

But what about orc wielding axes ? Axes were definitely not being used in renasaince. Not to mentions shields. Shields were not being used in renesaince.

When I think of renansaince I think of Pikes and Muskets. And the armour style and uniforms were different.

I think the bows were replaced pretty quickly tbh by Europeans. With exception of English.

Im not convinced about your renesaince idea.
    Last edited by Wadrak; 2022-01-20 at 07:14 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW's twitter posting a bunch of Night Elf architecture.

It's all coming up disappointment Emerald Dream.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

More that the idea of a factory of sorts creating the cosmic powers would be far more engaging to see if it was for something we know more about.
    The Old Gods we know pretty well all things considered, and the buildup to their immense power and cunning is well established.
    Had we gone to Zereth Umbra and seen prototype Yogg-Saron, and then saw how N'zoth who we know to be intelligent used this place to further his plans I would have been way more into it.

The most interesting aspect of Zereth Mortis is the idea that everything we have seen is predetermined somehow, including how even Zovaals betrayal might have been preordained.
    Had this plot been explored through the lens of characters and concepts we have more knowledge and buildup to then it would have been much more engaging, rather than just being a neat setpiece.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Is it for all creation now? Is that confirmed? Because as a source for all afterlives as a means to only weave anima I think ZM would make quite alot of sense. As a source of all creation it's hopelessly overblown and misguided though, I agree.
    It isn't for all of creation, I was just saying how it doesn't really make sense in the deaths realms. And from what I've gathered at least these First Ones created everything so there is probably an equivalent in other realms. But what I am saying is that while creating death realms from there might make sense, what doesn't is all the Automa stuff and mechanical animals, like why would they come up for blueprints for creatures there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

I'd like to point out the tweet where they ask what peons dream about...

Or world revamp.
    Or dragon isles.
    Or anywhere really. Night Elves have been everywhere, no reason to assume there couldnt be remnants from the old Night Elven empire in whatever area on Azeroth we visit. Could be on the backside of Azeroth even and we could just get a brief explanation that there are Night Elf explorers who live there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't for all of creation, I was just saying how it doesn't really make sense in the deaths realms. And from what I've gathered at least these First Ones created everything so there is probably an equivalent in other realms. But what I am saying is that while creating death realms from there might make sense, what doesn't is all the Automa stuff and mechanical animals, like why would they come up for blueprints for creatures there.
    Prototypes for creatures the Shadowlands has.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

ED/Lifelands as a whole expansion concept is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too similar to Shadowlands. We have never had two expansions THAT similar back to back. Feels more like a scare tactic to convince people that next expac will be shitty from the getgo.

HOWEVER, I do like that one leak that mentioned all the zones with world trees (Hinterlands, Duskwood etc) getting revamped and the ED bleeding into Azeroth. That would be a cool way to do it and makes a lot of sense, as opposed to "we go to another cosmic realm away from Azeroth".

Like really.... after Ion had to promise we'd go back to Goldshire, people genuinely think Blizz could take Shadowlands 2?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I will admit the lore is a little wonky on WHY the afterlives actually need creatures.

7+ Year Old Account

And a tweet from 18h ago about peons dreaming

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    But WHY would it need that? Where do all the boars we killed over the years gone then? And y'know wouldn't there already be a living, breathing blueprint in literally every other realm.

- - - Updated - - -

The Night Elf architecture is obviously a tease at an Old God expansion since Azshara was in league with Nzoth /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I will admit the lore is a little wonky on WHY the afterlives actually need creatures.
    I suppose its not necessary but Death is very orderly in terms of how the Shadowlands is built so I guess creatures are needed but again this is a fantasy world so I'm not gonna overthink it.

But WHY would it need that? Where do all the boars we killed over the years gone then? And y'know wouldn't there already be a living, breathing blueprint in literally every other realm.
    *Groan* They all go to Ardenweald and your third question well, to facilitate the life that is in the Shadowlands and by life I mean all the kyrians, venthyr yadda yadda.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EDreamer View Post
    ED/Lifelands as a whole expansion concept is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too similar to Shadowlands. We have never had two expansions THAT similar back to back. Feels more like a scare tactic to convince people that next expac will be shitty from the getgo.

HOWEVER, I do like that one leak that mentioned all the zones with world trees (Hinterlands, Duskwood etc) getting revamped and the ED bleeding into Azeroth. That would be a cool way to do it and makes a lot of sense, as opposed to "we go to another cosmic realm away from Azeroth".

Like really.... after Ion had to promise we'd go back to Goldshire, people genuinely think Blizz could take Shadowlands 2?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's why I've been saying ED/Lifelands would be an immediate dissapointment. It feels like the expansion we'd get if they learned nothing from Shadowlands. Not to mention it makes all their talk of "a more grounded expansion" a lot of hot air.

I do recall one leak mentioning something about using the Emerald Dream to save the World Soul after the Jailer's fuckery. I should go back and review that leak again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yeah that's why I've been saying ED/Lifelands would be an immediate dissapointment. It feels like the expansion we'd get if they learned nothing from Shadowlands. Not to mention it makes all their talk of "a more grounded expansion" a lot of hot air.

I do recall one leak mentioning something about using the Emerald Dream to save the World Soul after the Jailer's fuckery. I should go back and review that leak again.
    Also another cosmic separate expansion goes against the two-patch condensed filler feel of Shadowlands. Lifelands would be possible if we were going full maintenance mode but nothing actually points to that, and things in the files like the human housing and the actual hard reset of the status quo actively go AGAINST that.

BFA resets the status quo HARD, to the point that they will eventually have to address how that expansion changes Azeroth, and the only way we would get total Lifelands is if they had a mandate to NEVER EVER go back to Azeroth because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I don't think it's bad, the people complaining about reused assets or the like are disingenuous, given how it's more effort than given to any end of expansion bonus zone short of Tanaan. But it isn't some never before seen Godly photoshop department, it's just what Elunaria from Antorus would look like fully fleshed out with its own budget and given its own raid, constructs included. If they'd sold it as such there'd be less issues, but when it's sold as an ineffable thing when there's really not that much new to it that takes away from what otherwise'd be a success.
    I think at this point it's clear that Blizzard will never attempt a truly out there zone with this theme.
    They already abandoned that idea with the Emerald Dream which was always described in old materials as looking halfway finished, and now with Zereth Mortis this might be as bold as they are willing to go, and the true tragedy of it is that it could have worked, but like everything they didnt go hard enough on the theming. If we are to assume the actual Zereth Mortis zone is actually a new afterlife then it's a really boring one. Had we seen a halfway finished Revendreth or Maldraxxus it probably would have worked much better. Something really bold and striking, with areas that is just the building surface essentially as an extreme contrast.

Willing to bet that the emerald drake in the bundle is because:

A) Emerald Drakes were classic bosses
    B) Night Elf apology wank is very prevalent in the expansion trailer/marketing (LOOK GUYS WE MADE YOU A NEW CITY GUYS)
    C) both these things

Quote Originally Posted by EDreamer View Post
    Willing to bet that the emerald drake in the bundle is because:

A) Emerald Drakes were classic bosses
    B) Night Elf apology wank is very prevalent in the expansion trailer/marketing (LOOK GUYS WE MADE YOU A NEW CITY GUYS)
    C) both these things
    My prediction is that we are getting Dragons as a main theme next expansion, and with it comes new updated dragon models, including as mounts. The different dragon mounts will be given similarly t othe ones in WotLK, and since the Emerald Dragon was never given in WotLK they didnt know where to put it, and so decided to give it as a special edition mount to fit more in-line with the current Emerald Drake mount being the rarest one.