I'm not super up to date on 9.2 info but how ready is it to launch? What needs to still be implemented and tested before it's good to go on, say, Feb 15th?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why has no one mentioned this yet? Dragons don't have an Empire and have never been referred to as an "Empire". Dragons have flights, not empires. That name doesn't make sense.
    Logo discussion bores me to tears but in either tides of war or war crimes the blue dragons say they are done guarding magic and that they are going to start something new so it could very well be a new up and coming empire where different flights come together after they lost there Titan given rolls.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I'm not super up to date on 9.2 info but how ready is it to launch? What needs to still be implemented and tested before it's good to go on, say, Feb 15th?
    Everything is already in.

I'd say 15th at the latest, 8th at the earliest.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I think concepts like this where among favourites for a long time until blizzard shut them down saying they won't do a whole expansion underground. Exploring the nerubian empire was very popular for leaks for a while.
    I can definetly see it happening when they find a creative solution for the missing sky.

They should still do it Underground expansion is lit.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-01-24 at 04:04 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Everything is already in.

I'd say 15th at the latest, 8th at the earliest.
    I think the upgrading of legendaries beyond 265 with cosmic flux is not in yet
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I think the upgrading of legendaries beyond 265 with cosmic flux is not in yet
    It's in.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/cosmic-...upgrade-325707

Crafting tier sets is what's still missing apparently.
    So guess its between 15th and 22nd.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-01-24 at 03:03 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah thanks, I read some article last week and it wasnt in yet. Seems easily farmable to me. However from that thread, Creation Catalyst isnt in yet

3+ Year Old Account
    Ah that typo of going in you ment.
    I meant to put 'of sorts' lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I meant to put 'of sorts' lol
    I just realized I made a typo by writing typo instead of type

Crafting tier sets
    Details on this?

7+ Year Old Account
    Details on this?
    the system that lets people that dont raid turn their gear into tier pieces with cosmic flux. Doesn't seem complex and much testing needed but not on PTR yet

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    This was one of, if not the, first posts of it.
    Yeah that's exactly why the Empire of Dragons logo is presumed fake. Then they vanish, but still continue to read this thread, and never talk about it again haha.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Details on this?
    From their blue posts:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Creation Catalyst

Once players fully uncover the secrets of the First Ones, the Creation Catalyst will become available. This will serve to help anyone who’s having bad luck on a particular armor slot, or to help alts quickly catch up later in the patch. The Creation Catalyst will use Cosmic Flux in combination with an appropriate non-set armor piece to create a Progenitor armor piece in that armor slot of the same item level. The armor you transform can be obtained from PvP, Mythic+, or other new Eternity’s End content.

For example: The Great Vault rewards an ilvl 265 non-set chest piece. Once the Creation Catalyst is unlocked and enough Cosmic Flux has been collected, this can be used to make an ilvl 265 Progenitor armor piece that activates the set bonus.

Note: If you earn a non-set armor piece before the Creation Catalyst is unlocked, we recommend hanging on to it in case you want to convert it later.

We’ll see you in Zereth Mortis!
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...9s-end/1136870

Formerly known as Arafal

0 PTR testing about this makes me shiver

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Don't know how it will be done, but seems like it can just use the gear upgrade system, have the currency be cosmic flux and instead of higher ilvl it adds the bonus to the piece or changes it to raid equivalent (limited to only the 5 slots) not much testing is needed as it isn't truly a new system

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Why? It's the most basic crafting idea yet. Just combine a non-set piece from current content with the catalyst to make a tier set piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know how it will be done, but seems like it can just use the gear upgrade system, have the currency be cosmic flux and instead of higher ilvl it adds the bonus to the piece or changes it to raid equivalent (limited to only the 5 slots) not much testing is needed as it isn't truly a new system
    I imagine it will change the item to the tier set equivalent instead of adding the ability, mostly because that might lead to degenerative gameplay.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Missed opportunity to involve the actual professions with this but oh well, not like it's relevant to me either way. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Its metallic nature, and its accents (especially surrounding the expansion title, below the "C" and on either side next to the "W" and "D"), which strike me as something crafted, and slightly tech. However, not industrial tech, but more streamlined. At first I thought Naaru, but the more I thought of it, the more it struck me as Titan. It also heavily relates to the other elements of the logo (Void and Dragons) whereas Naaru doesn't.
    Have you studied arts?

Those don't strike me as bows, it looks like the typical arch you see in every logo. I can see why some people may think they're bows, but I don't buy it. Night Elves aren't central enough to command the border on that level, and don't relate to the Old Gods or Dragons on that level either.
    Are you sure you're not wearing vision-altering goggles?

Again, I can see how someone would say it looks like a bow, but given the general design of WoW logos, a streamlined appearance would lend itself to that shape.
    And how an obssesed person would see something else.

Beyond all of that, what's is cracking up top in the logo? Azeroth, a titan.
    Always has been.

What is currently under threat from the Old Gods after being weakened/injured by the jailer? A titan.
    The threat of every expansion.

Who imprisoned the Old Gods and empowered the dragons to protect Azeroth from the hour of twilight (notice the twilight in the background) the Titans.
    The Titan-forged.

And theme is obviously relevant. Titan matches the theme and the look perfectly. Various elven archers do not.
    Not one bit of titan theme on that logo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why? It's the most basic crafting idea yet. Just combine a non-set piece from current content with the catalyst to make a tier set piece.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine it will change the item to the tier set equivalent instead of adding the ability, mostly because that might lead to degenerative gameplay.
    True. But if they do it this way and the original gear piece doesn't match the ilvl from raid, it should get scaled DOWN tot the closest difficulty of raid. Otherwise raiders would also need to run m+ for tier slots to get them at higher ilvl (heck they probably still will for the mythic slots synce easier to get it from the vault than progression)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Have you studied arts?
    Actually I have.

Are you sure you're not wearing vision-altering goggles?

And how an obssesed person would see something else.
    You should ask yourself why would a bow be part of a logo dealing with old gods and dragons? Nothing Elven related has that level of connection with those themes. Again, every WoW logo has those curves on its edge and a point in the center. Obviously a more streamlined design would give the appearance of a bow. However if you actually look at bows, you'll quickly realize it doesn't resemble one. Further, the metallic nature of the entire border and the lettering has nothing to do with any known elven or bow theme.

Always has been.

The threat of every expansion.
    We're talking about the current story from which this expansion would be operating from, not the running theme of the entire franchise.

Not one bit of titan theme on that logo.
    Like I said before, if you have another theme that matches the Old Gods, the Dragonflights, and the metallics in that border, please share.