7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    If they are on beta, they might just show up on live once DF releases.
    Yeah, but there are still a lot of recolours missing from stuff that was there already in early alpha, which is super concerning. Shadowlands was great for collectors, I honestly don't want to go back to a world (of warcraft) where your favourite recolour isn't available to earn in the game because of "reasons".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Someone here mentioned some days back how Blizzard reduced the amount of new mounts in Dragonflight and now that I had a chance to look, boy howdy they weren't kidding. I know they always make more than they use but I was expecting at least a few otters, but it looks like there's just the mount achievement one and one from renown. And so forth.

Woof.
    Weirdly, just a few mounts are present IG in the prepatch, there are a lot more on beta realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a beta invite! Wasn't on the BNet launcher approx. 18 hours ago so maybe a new wave went out in that period?
    Not sure I wanna be bothered with installing it tbh. Got characters to get ready for release on retail and stuff do in FFXIV. :\
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, but there are still a lot of recolours missing from stuff that was there already in early alpha, which is super concerning. Shadowlands was great for collectors, I honestly don't want to go back to a world (of warcraft) where your favourite recolour isn't available to earn in the game because of "reasons".
    You have to consider how many options are given for the Dragonriding mounts though. Yes it's annoying to have that one specific recolour missing, but having the actual dragons look varied is more important given the extreme emphasis being placed on that system for moving around.

Also I feel it's kinda unfair to argue SL chose to have loads of mounts and this one didn't. I think it's more likely the developers were desperate to have a reasonable amount of mounts for each covenant, which meant shittons of recolours.

Where are all the mounts even going to come from if we were to have as many as we did in SL? Is each renown going to give 4+ mounts just from automatic renown rewards? Plus whatever extra from the quartermaster?
    In this case i think it's more important that each mount feels important, and diluting the pool with massive amounts of recolours for every single mount would take away from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Weirdly, just a few mounts are present IG in the prepatch, there are a lot more on beta realms.
    Lots of stuff doesn't show up in the collections tab. All the armor that drops from the raid for instance. You get to see one variant, and only the specific one that drops from the NM vault directly. Not the world bosses, not the tier set, and not from any other difficulty.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You have to consider how many options are given for the Dragonriding mounts though. Yes it's annoying to have that one specific recolour missing, but having the actual dragons look varied is more important given the extreme emphasis being placed on that system for moving around.

Also I feel it's kinda unfair to argue SL chose to have loads of mounts and this one didn't. I think it's more likely the developers were desperate to have a reasonable amount of mounts for each covenant, which meant shittons of recolours.

Where are all the mounts even going to come from if we were to have as many as we did in SL? Is each renown going to give 4+ mounts just from automatic renown rewards? Plus whatever extra from the quartermaster?
    In this case i think it's more important that each mount feels important, and diluting the pool with massive amounts of recolours for every single mount would take away from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of stuff doesn't show up in the collections tab. All the armor that drops from the raid for instance. You get to see one variant, and only the specific one that drops from the NM vault directly. Not the world bosses, not the tier set, and not from any other difficulty.
    Horrible takes here, sorry. The Dragonriding mounts are still just four "mounts", I don't care about the options or better said the illusion of choice as you have to choose between colours and also the "elite" mounts aren't even seperate mounts but skins who also take away from your other dragonriding mounts as you can't have f.e the storm proto and a normal proto at the same time, besides the fact that the amount of options is actually quite low and a far cry from the promised "millions of combinations" they had on the pre-order website.

Shadowlands had a shit ton of mounts from rares and events, aswell as the whole protoform synthesis system in Zereth Mortis.

And no, mounts and their recolours will always feel important anyways, there is literally no "diluting the pool" unless they choose to make colour tints that are barely different from each other, which is a design problem. There is for example no reason to not give us a blue, white and green thunderlizard alongside the (quite boring) brown one we get via a quest. Or a storm eagle that isn't red or white lol ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

It's probably a hard sell to work for the devs to work on creating new ground mounts when the only mounts that matter are four this patch. Maybe five in the future with the noodle.

Devs should work on making old mounts work with dragonriding more than they should create new mounts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    It's probably a hard sell to work for the devs to work on creating new ground mounts when the only mounts that matter are four this patch. Maybe five in the future with the noodle.

Devs should work on making old mounts work with dragonriding more than they should create new mounts.
    You are aware that you can't use the dragonriding mounts in raids, instanced pvp or all dungeons but one? Ground mounts defo still have a reason to exist, lol.

Also again, the mount models exist already, they just need a source.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Horrible takes here, sorry. The Dragonriding mounts are still just four "mounts", I don't care about the options or better said the illusion of choice as you have to choose between colours and also the "elite" mounts aren't even seperate mounts but skins who also take away from your other dragonriding mounts as you can't have f.e the storm proto and a normal proto at the same time, besides the fact that the amount of options is actually quite low and a far cry from the promised "millions of combinations" they had on the pre-order website.

Shadowlands had a shit ton of mounts from rares and events, aswell as the whole protoform synthesis system in Zereth Mortis.

And no, mounts and their recolours will always feel important anyways, there is literally no "diluting the pool" unless they choose to make colour tints that are barely different from each other, which is a design problem. There is for example no reason to not give us a blue, white and green thunderlizard alongside the (quite boring) brown one we get via a quest. Or a storm eagle that isn't red or white lol ...
    You are combining all the mounts from the entire expansion and pitting against the initial version of DF though.

In DF you get four massively customizable mounts, each one at least counting for five recolours given the basic colour customization. In addition to that you also get the mounts from each reputation and a couple extra on top.
    SL meanwhile had loads of mounts, sure. But most of those where recolours of the same four mounts with extra bits on top. Beyond that you had maybe one extra mount with one or two recolours from each zone.

I think you are massively underplaying how much four customizable mounts compares to inflated mount collection numbers.

Also let's not forget things like there only being two variants of the darkhound mount. Or the Flayedwing mounts being extremely limited. With only one option for hornless variant, and one of the two horned variants being locked behind a rare dungeon drop.

And while ZM did have loads of mounts in most variants, it also had to weigh out the ones we missed from an extra major patch.
    There is no reason to assume DF won't have a similar system at some point, which would make arguing using the Protoform Synthesis system moot to begin with.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

1+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/mrgmyt/status/15...7y1Pgoec1UZISA Eyeballs?!?!

Saw a few more from other content creators, too!

7+ Year Old Account
    I’m all for more mounts and collectibles in general. With Dragonflight I feel like the game is going back towards “simpler times” like in Wrath where it was just reps, quests, collectibles, raids, and dungeons. And I enjoyed it very much not trying to min-max my parses , not trying to keep up with CE raiders.

I am ready to go back to that more relaxed style of play with Dragonflight. I feel like the dragon riding system is more akin to when we had Artifact Weapon and being able to customize them. I know we mount and fly with them but they appear more like “transmog” in that we can only showcase one set of tmog all the time despite having a large collection (kinda the same with mounts).

I do hope those recolors of other mounts get added but I’m not sure if dragon riding customization is supposed to replace the mount numbers given per expansion. But I don’t think we always need to have the same amount of mounts given per expansion either.

What does it matter to have them at the same time? Its not like you can ride them both at the same time. Have 5 recolors on one mount instead of it being 5 separate mounts is better in my opinion as it forces them to kinda think of new mount concepts instead of just throwing in 6 recolors of a single new mount per patch and calling it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    https://twitter.com/mrgmyt/status/15...7y1Pgoec1UZISA Eyeballs?!?!

Saw a few more from other content creators, too!
    Eyeballs indeed. That font in the letter hurts to read.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

Gee, I wonder if there's maybe an incentive to create this narrative.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

1+ Year Old Account
    More hints on Preach stuff AND castle stuff. https://twitter.com/yogscast/status/...E_ykw6Zxyfj7Ng

7+ Year Old Account
    No wonder they called it a dungeon duel, they’ll probably end up doing something similar to MDI, in an actual castle, sounds like an amazing experience.

I hope they let them be cross-faction teams, that would be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    He cut ties originally when the lawsuit came to light because of how blizzard was handling it and how he didn’t want to do press for them while treating there employees so poorly. Walk outs are still happening, they are still trying to get the case dismissed, they are still union busting. Blizzard is still doing every thing in its power to avoid accountability and not treat there employees right.

But now that there’s a bunch of hype those issues are on the back burner and he’s not only doing press for them again he’s doing it out of pocket to get juicier tid bits.

The reasoning is rather easy to judge.
    Why are you lying? Preach quit because of the game being a mess for multiple expansions and he's been playing dragonflight beta and is pleased that the design has moved away from the things he disliked. He never quit over the lawsuit, he specifically said in that video he wasn't covering the game because it was miserable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    More hints on Preach stuff AND castle stuff. https://twitter.com/yogscast/status/...E_ykw6Zxyfj7Ng
    Wow, Lewis has certainly changed a bit since I last visited their channel.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Why are you lying? Preach quit because of the game being a mess for multiple expansions and he's been playing dragonflight beta and is pleased that the design has moved away from the things he disliked. He never quit over the lawsuit, he specifically said in that video he wasn't covering the game because it was miserable.
    Within the first minute of his video he says that he no longer feels comfortable giving them press due to the abhorrent and representable response to the allegations towards harassment to woman with him saying “it’s hard to get past that to me, to hard it’s to big of a hill to cilmb”.

Turns out all he needed to get up the hill was the view boost of covering a new expan because blizzard response of trying to down play and avoid responsibility as well as opposing treating there employees better hasn’t changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=eZ6w--GhpaM
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Within the first minute of his video he says that he no longer feels comfortable giving them press due to the abhorrent and representable response to the allegations towards harassment to woman with him saying “it’s hard to get past that to me, to hard it’s to big of a hill to cilmb”.

Turns out all he needed to get up the hill was the view boost of covering a new expan because blizzard response of trying to down play and avoid responsibility as well as opposing treating there employees better hasn’t changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=eZ6w--GhpaM
    The corporate side of Blizzard. The company isn't a hivemind.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The corporate side of Blizzard. The company isn't a hivemind.
    What do you think he was taking about the general employees having a abhorrent response in his video?

It was always the corporate side that was the problem that’s why they were (and still are) having walk outs which he pointed towards and the corporate sides tune hasn’t changed they are still trying to get the case dismissed and treating there employees poorly.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-10-28 at 04:33 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.