Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    They said that? Poooooog
    They didnt. They said its far along.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    So Dark Rangers are back on the menu for 9.2.5, but it could just be a skin (probably will be an AR because that's more interesting)
    Why would it be an AR though? Should you be able to play a Dark Ranger Warrior? Dark Ranger Mage?
    It's an appearance that only really makes sense as Hunter and Rogues, Warrior at a stretch. I doubt they would make them an AR that could only be 3 different classes.

Just make them an appearance you unlock for Belf and Nelf, similar to the Night Warrior eyes Nelves got in BfA.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

They said that? Poooooog
    No hard confirm but it's "far along", which in devspeak means probably a lot of internal stuff done and very close to ready for Alpha. So nearer Q4 is likely but probably this year

I feel like people are putting way too much faith in a 4chan post that lists a bunch of shit that was already known/leaked, or was easily guessed. Especially when it couldn't even get the class name correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    So Dark Rangers are back on the menu for 9.2.5, but it could just be a skin (probably will be an AR because that's more interesting)
    What was the relevant question/answer there? I tuned out for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Just make them an appearance you unlock for Belf and Nelf, similar to the Night Warrior eyes Nelves got in BfA.
    With the wording he used, I think this is the most likely outcome.

Why would it be an AR though? Should you be able to play a Dark Ranger Warrior? Dark Ranger Mage?
    It's an appearance that only really makes sense as Hunter and Rogues, Warrior at a stretch. I doubt they would make them an AR that could only be 3 different classes.

The race would be Darkfallen, not Dark Ranger, Darkfallen is the new term for all undead elves now as of the Sylvanas book.

Also, a confirmation of there not being a Tuskarr Allied Race, because, and I paraphrase, "it would be like putting a Titan or a Naaru alongside a mere orc or human". Tragic, but absolutely truthful to the lore - think, have there been any Tuskarr undead on a continent under the sway of the Lich King? No, and now we know why.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyntosAran View Post
    They didnt. They said its far along.
    Really we are at a point where whether it releases late this year or early next year could come down to what half of May the Alpha opens.

And of course, will we have a logner 10.0 pre-patch, or will we only get the 2-3 week one we usually get. In which case the expansion would likely have to release before December.

They said that? Poooooog
    They didn't but Ion did confirm again that the expansion is far along. And said that beta/alpha is coming soon "not tm" so... Hopefully we get pre-order + a date next week.

Homophobia is so gay.

Hence why its "Darkfallen" instead of "Dark Ranger" so you can RP a San'layn, Dark Ranger scout as a rogue, etc

Undead Elves shouldn't be locked into being hunters, they can build some good lore about a whole sect of the undead Nelves coming back.

Really we are at a point where whether it releases late this year or early next year could come down to what half of May the Alpha opens.

And of course, will we have a logner 10.0 pre-patch, or will we only get the 2-3 week one we usually get. In which case the expansion would likely have to release before December.
    I think he said in an interview that it would last 2 weeks.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    The race would be Darkfallen, not Dark Ranger, Darkfallen is the new term for all undead elves now as of the Sylvanas book.
    It's still such a narrow theme for a race when it could literally just be a cosmetic option. You already have the hunter specific helm you get from the Hunter order hall that you can use to make something that looks like a proper Dark Ranger.

It's still such a narrow theme for a race when it could literally just be a cosmetic option. You already have the hunter specific helm you get from the Hunter order hall that you can use to make something that looks like a proper Dark Ranger.
    There are a bunch of valid arguments against them being an Allied Race, but the same could be said for most of the allied races like Lightforged Draenei, Mag'har, and Highmountain just being skins for the existing races etc. Ultimately it's up to Blizzard and how they want to implement them.

I don't know why people think it will come out in Q1 2023. Now they confirmed it's far along. There are no features that need additional testing such as Warfronts, Torghast, Island Expeditions. They want most player feedback on new Talent system revamp. Regular testing will be for dungeons, raids, questing, Dractyhr Evoker... I dk, 2023 seems like a too far release. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Sweet, I was kinda worried it was the far opposite when they said they weren't sure how to progress the dragonriding skills, but I guess once they make up their mind on what, it's a minor thing to attach it to stuff.
    I just hope they wise up and attach Dragonriding to other mounts, instead of just reverting back to old flying.
    Yes I don't want to miss out on all my old cool mounts, and yes I will definitely be using Dragonriding instead of flying whenever I can. But it still seems like a regressive step when by all accounts Dragonriding is a far superior mechanic.

I just hope they wise up and attach Dragonriding to other mounts, instead of just reverting back to old flying.
    Yes I don't want to miss out on all my old cool mounts, and yes I will definitely be using Dragonriding instead of flying whenever I can. But it still seems like a regressive step when by all accounts Dragonriding is a far superior mechanic.
    How would you do dragonriding on a wingless horse or cat tho

Homophobia is so gay.

Shadowlands is a challenging story concept for new players.
    LOL, even they admit that it was a clusterfuck, well at least they are honest,

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I think he said in an interview that it would last 2 weeks.
    The event would last 2 weeks. Question just being whether those 2 weeks are the entirety of the Pre-patch, or whether we will have a week or two before (or maybe one and a half months just for variety) in which to just get used to the new mechanics before starting the event.

I am not sure they have done this before outside Cata though, so might just be wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    I don't know why people think it will come out in Q1 2023. Now they confirmed it's far along. There are no features that need additional testing such as Warfronts, Torghast, Island Expeditions. They want most player feedback on new Talent system revamp. Regular testing will be for dungeons, raids, questing, Dractyhr Evoker... I dk, 2023 seems like a too far release. I could be wrong.
    That's a super solid point, system-wise, this expansion is very very back-to-basics, which also means they don't have to spend a hundred hours devving systems like Torghast and Anima Powers, or Expeditions, or Warfronts.

"Keep it simple stupid" might mean it has a fairly short dev/alpha/beta period.