Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Given the recent lore tidbits from Odyn it might be possible that Nozdormu will turn into Murozond without the intervention of the Old Gods. Really he could learn any number of things about the origins of Dragons and Galakrond that would make him decide to prevent himself from succeeding.
    I honestly would rather Nozdormu went Murozond for something grounded and simple. E.g. to save Soridormi. Fuck antediluvian lizard gods having existential crisis, give me something relatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I honestly would rather Nozdormu went Murozond for something grounded and simple. E.g. to save Soridormi. Fuck antediluvian lizard gods having existential crisis, give me something relatable.
    It doesn't need to be. Being screwed over by "life" is pretty messed up and understandable. Whining about Soridormi wouldn't work as well without much build up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It doesn't need to be. Being screwed over by "life" is pretty messed up and understandable. Whining about Soridormi wouldn't work as well without much build up.
    There is nothing relatable about an immortal whining about the consequences of immortality. But having spent most of your immortality with someone you love and knowing they will be taken from you seems more understandable to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing relatable about an immortal whining about the consequences of immortality. But having spent most of your immortality with someone you love and knowing they will be taken from you seems more understandable to me.
    That isn't what I meant or what I got from the short/Nozdormu's fate.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The Light and Void want to convert/corrupt everything. Life also seems to just want to flourish, even if it leads to bad results (Draenor).

I think the biggest hint that Azeroth is special is that the Jailer specifically needed Azeroth to use the machine to link the Zereths (see: Firim's report) and end existence. He needed Azeroth so badly that he spent ages hyperfocused on it. But why? Why would a world soul allow access to the machine? If any old First One creation could do it he could've just used Denathrius or another Eternal One.
    We are told the void wants that
    We were also told that the Titans created everything

- - - Updated - - -

Given the recent lore tidbits from Odyn it might be possible that Nozdormu will turn into Murozond without the intervention of the Old Gods. Really he could learn any number of things about the origins of Dragons and Galakrond that would make him decide to prevent himself from succeeding.
    Moruzond wants to allow galakrond to succeed so we go to stop him in the past
    We succeed and Moruzond goes into the future of the hour of twilight

It's not really an immortal getting salty he is immortal though. Nozdormu would likely learn something or other that convinces him that the Titans plan is bogus, spurring him to attempt subverting it, likely dragging other dragons along with him who also think the Titans are not as great as they might have seemed.

Honestly, something as simple as learning the truth about Galakrond as a Titan experiment could set him off.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

But Argus is not the unmaker. He was MADE the unmaker in a deeply unnatural way. There is nothing telling us that the Titans had specific aspects naturally. Perhaps they visited Zereth Ordos and each gained a specific insight into a facet of the cosmos. Perhaps they are just cosmically powerful creatures and each of them had a preference for some type of magic and studied something more extensively than the rest.
    Schroedinger's titan

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    We are told the void wants that
    We were also told that the Titans created everything

- - - Updated - - -

Moruzond wants to allow galakrond to succeed so we go to stop him in the past
    We succeed and Moruzond goes into the future of the hour of twilight
    I really hope Blizzard remembers that we are supposed to kill Murozond in the End Time dungeon.
    I don't care that it's several years old, from a patch that players generally disliked. It's too perfect a storytelling beat to have us send Murozond almost literally into our own past to be killed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It's not really an immortal getting salty he is immortal though. Nozdormu would likely learn something or other that convinces him that the Titans plan is bogus, spurring him to attempt subverting it, likely dragging other dragons along with him who also think the Titans are not as great as they might have seemed.

Honestly, something as simple as learning the truth about Galakrond as a Titan experiment could set him off.
    But Galakrond was not a Titan Experiment. He was the unintended consequence of a titan experimented corrupted by the Old Gods.

Also shouldn't Nozdormu already know this? I mean isn't that what his power does?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The first short happens next week!

Sooner than i expected.
    Make sense to fill first 3 weeks with shorts. I think SL were same way, of course whole plan went to shit when they had to delay whole thing.

I'm so glad they changed his voice actor. He sounded like a 90 year old grandma in cata

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They didn't clarified if XP boost last until 25th October or 15th November, right? Because - if 18th WoW anniversary will be moved as well, which is very likely - we could have few days 50% + 18% + 10% (darkmoon) stacked on top of already announced nerf to 50-60 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    They didn't clarified if XP boost last until 25th October or 15th November, right? Because - if 18th WoW anniversary will be moved as well, which is very likely - we could have few days 50% + 18% + 10% (darkmoon) stacked on top of already announced nerf to 50-60 levels.
    They said till 15th in their bluepost few days ago.

They were pretty clear that the xp buff would stay until Dracthyr become available (at which point they want people to stop leveling alts and level WoW-Argonians).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they kept Shadowlands threads of fate without nerfing it like WoD bonus objectives in 9.0 then wow, it will be fast.

I just watched Bellular's new video about QoL features in this expansion. What a list. The raid loot design and the return of Need/Greed but actually properly restricting things (like hunters taking resto shaman items) is huge. The World Quest Changes are huge. So much effort seems to be going into making DF something that isn't a pain in the ass to play. I really hope that energy carries forward.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I just watched Bellular's new video about QoL features in this expansion. What a list. The raid loot design and the return of Need/Greed but actually properly restricting things (like hunters taking resto shaman items) is huge. The World Quest Changes are huge. So much effort seems to be going into making DF something that isn't a pain in the ass to play. I really hope that energy carries forward.
    ..and watch same Bellurar switching to doomsaying again in 6 months after people who resub next month will leave again. Shadowlands had list like that as well, hell QoL changes from 8.3 to 9.0 could be even bigger, for me DF sounds more like finishing job from 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    ..and watch same Bellurar switching to doomsaying again in 6 months after people who resub next month will leave again. Shadowlands had list like that as well, hell QoL changes from 8.3 to 9.0 could be even bigger, for me DF sounds more like finishing job from 9.0.
    I actually think that Bellular has always been pretty positive regarding the game, even when the game was a mess, he did criticize it but not in Doomsaying mode. At the end of the day, I guess that an important part of his income comes from his YouTube channels, so WoW doing well is good for him.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Except the new information we got from Tyr's correspondence says the Titan's bodies are made at Zereth Ordos. Just like the Eternal's bodies were made at Zereth Mortis. There is a world soul inside them. So contrary to what it seemed, Azeroth one day turning into a titan isn't something that just happens. This makes the war over Azeroth's soul seem drastically more self-interested.

Honestly I hope they go with:

The First Ones are the Pantheon of Life; they build the Zareths to make just the Titans & Eternals, so that life & death would have order. Naaru & Void Lords are naturally occurring creatures. The Seventh Force is "the Dark One" an anti-life entity that travels the multiverse.

It's much more nuanced than:

There's Giant Robots that come in 6 different flavors & they're all playing an intergalactic game of Risk.
    Grand, except for us seeing a literal nascent titan taking form just before fighting us.
    Tyr is either outright wrong or the bit about Zereth Ordus is misinterpreted.

Of course everything can be retconned, but let's wait until content goes live before we assume random correspondence of Tyr's to accurately contradict what we were shown, not told, in the game.

To add on the latter bit of the first: I did read something about titans being blessed in Zereth Ordus, which may apply to pretty much every properly born titan. But that's quite different from the pantheon of death.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-10-20 at 11:17 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    “Legacies” already looks much cooler than the last 3 expansion’s animated shorts.
    Indeed!

I'm hyped for this one. Dragon lore is scattered all over the place, it'll be good to watch an animated recap of the most important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Well from the ''Legacies'' trailer I get some Nozdormu / Murozond final boss vibes.
    It's kinda funny that following the announcement all the talk was about Alexstraza and Wrathion, but now after Beta/ads, all the lights are on Nozdormu.

With that said, I'm not sure if he'll end up dead/mad, or if we're going to face an alternative version of him again, but I'm sure he's going to be the major guy in this expansion, the other Dragons are here just for context.