Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I think there was no time when we didn't know about next xpac and had final patch.
    RIght?
    WoD->Legion. And guess what, it happened when there was no Blizzcon.

Patches work exactly same way. When there was Blizzcon and we had info up to 8.1, on Blizzcon we learned about 8.1.5 and 8.2, despite 8.1 launched 1.5 month later. Otherwise you learn about next patch when current one is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    WoD->Legion. And guess what, it happened when there was no Blizzcon.
    There was a Blizzcon that year. They just revealed it at Gamescom & went into depth on the features at Blizzcon. They didn't have a Blizzcon or Blizzconline in 2006, 2012, 2021 & 2022

Insinuating they only reveal expansions because they have to at Blizzcon, as if they themselves don't choose the date when to hold the event, because otherwise they'd always reveal it after the last patch, is an idea based on nothing.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-02-22 at 05:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    There was a Blizzcon that year. They just revealed it at Gamescom & went into depth on the features at Blizzcon. They didn't have a Blizzcon or Blizzconline in 2006, 2012, 2021 & 2022
    I wouldn't rule out 2022, sure the Blizzconline was cancelled but we still might get a Blizzcon or Blizzconline in November.

Also there was a Blizzconline in 2021, but nothing in 2020
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I wouldn't rule out 2022, sure the Blizzconline was cancelled but we still might get a Blizzcon or Blizzconline in November.

Also there was a Blizzconline in 2021, but nothing in 2020
    Legion came out 1 year and a few days after it was announced. I am worried that we will not be able to play 10.0 until 2023.

we will have an announcement soon, and then a feature expo in the fall is my guess. (blizzconline or just a stream with info)

Quote Originally Posted by Deln View Post
    Legion came out 1 year and a few days after it was announced. I am worried that we will not be able to play 10.0 until 2023.
    Yes, it's typical for them to announce the new expansion a full year before it's released but that's not a necessity: They've said they start working on the next expansion as soon as the previous one is released so when they reveal it isn't indicative of how done it is: Though we might have gleaned that Shadowlands would be delayed by how bare-bones the "features" trailer was that they showed alongside the announcement cinematic.

So long as they release the alpha within the next two months a 2022 release date is still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the Arthas narrative was cut.
    I wouldn’t be disappointed

Let sleeping dogs lie

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Insinuating they only reveal expansions because they have to at Blizzcon, as if they themselves don't choose the date when to hold the event, because otherwise they'd always reveal it after the last patch, is an idea based on nothing.
    No Blizzcon when they needed one. Next one was 6 months after patch.

And no, they can't really choose any date they want to match patch releases after whole thing is set in motion. They rent this place you know. People buy tickets months in advance. Finally, WoW is not their only game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deln View Post

we will have an announcement soon, and then a feature expo in the fall is my guess. (blizzconline or just a stream with info)
    What to worry about? Just play 9.2 until you are bored (or not). If anything, more worrying would be if they are told to release expac for Christmas no matter what, rush would lead to exactly same patch situation like we have in SL.

Experience tell me 2022 launch is very, very unlikely. They usually start Alpha few months after reveal and when last PTR is done, so imo June is earliest date for that.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-02-22 at 05:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    People like you keep projecting their own personal thought as if its how everyone feels. So no its not the least hyped patch, so please stop lying.
    You see, i'm not saying tha wow is dying or that this patch is the worst patch or any type of hate, i'm just saying what you can easylly see by looking arround on how hyped people are across many wow communities.

You can even do some simple analysis by using google trends.
    Using Patch numbers and comparing 30 days before launch day
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...08.3,wow%207.3

Using "World of Warcraft" and comparing 30 days before launch day
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...0Of%20Warcraft

The amount of copium needed to think 9.2 is hyped compared to other patches has reached new levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything on trademark had been found out, yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    No Blizzcon when they needed one. Next one was 6 months after patch.

And no, they can't really choose any date they want to match patch releases after whole thing is set in motion. They rent this place you know. People buy tickets months in advance. Finally, WoW is not their only game.
    wtf are you talking about. Blizzcon 2015 was 2 months after the Legion reveal at Gamescom 2015. And Convention centers aren't booked constantly: They're usually empty 3 weeks out of every month. That's why Blizzard usually always gets a november date: because they choose it, not because its "all they could get"

You're making a bad assumption that they're somehow "reluctant" to announce stuff at Blizzcon. As seen with Gamescom, they don't even need to reveal a game there.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-02-22 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    The amount of copium needed to think 9.2 is hyped compared to other patches has reached new levels.
    SL really had given us nothing. BFA at least gave us Allied Races that we could look forward to. If Blizz gave us at least an Allied Race for each faction, people would be excited for 9.2 instead of just wanting it to end.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no copium here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    wtf are you talking about. Blizzcon 2015 was less than a month after the Legion reveal at Gamescom 2015.
    Ok, now I understand people who doesn't want reply to you.

Copium? That's so 2021 man.

7+ Year Old Account
    The amount of people trying to convince us 9.2 is not hyped has also reached new levels.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post

Oh come on, those are clearly not written by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    Using "World of Warcraft" and comparing 30 days before launch day
    I agree with you about 9.2 being anti-hype, but I'm pretty sure the drop you're depicting is just because it takes a couple days for google analytics to acquire data: You can't use it in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I'm not implying he would be good, I'm saying him going rogue from the void lords so that he can do his own thing would be kind of neat. Where he wants to rule Azeroth and shit instead of turning her over to his masters or something. Nothing we would ever support but having to work with him in some capacity because he has the most knowledge of the void and we are desperate in that moment could be interesting. Do we doom ourselves worse by reluctantly trusting him even for a moment to aid us? Or would we be better off facing the void lords on our own? Who knows.
    It is implied that he was trying to turn Azeroth into the Void Titan in 8.3:

Stage Three: Forge of Fate:
    As N'Zoth the Corruptor's tentacles tighten on the Chamber of Heart, Magni and MOTHER begin unleashing the fury of the Forge of Origination to put an end to the Corruptor's plans.
    Or, so they hope.
    In the Mythic phase, we see how exactly the Old Gods turn the Titan into a Void creature and it seems that they just tighten their tentacles around the Titan's fetus/Titan's heart.

It seems that N'Zoth followed the directive of the Void Lords, to corrupt a Titan (which is the purpose behind the Old Gods' creation); but, at the same time, N'Zoth also wanted to restore his empire and offered Azshara a place in his quest to restore the empire.

Maybe turning a Titan into a Void creature doesn't instantly just obliterate the planet? It seems that N'Zoth wanted to do that but also keep ruling the Black Empire. Implying that there could still be an Empire even if the Titan wakes up and becomes enslaved to the Void.

Also remember the Visions of N'Zoth; they depict a scenario in which the Old God is victorious and, thus, we can assume that he succeeded in corrupting the Titan. But, at the same time, Stormwind and Orgrimmar still exist in those realms, they are still inhabited by people, and ruled by Alleria and Thrall respectively. They rule in N'Zoth's stead. So creating the Void Titan (from corrupting the Titan fetus) doesn't necessarily annihilate everything on the planet.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-02-22 at 05:55 PM.

Don't really care about 9.2, other than it's probably holding back a 10.0 announcement.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As always people see only black and white. Even without solid data you can tell it's not very hyped patch, many factors contributed to that and I don't think 9.2 design is even one of them. But some people try to claim that hype is so low that Blizzard should ignore their own patch and go straight to 10.0 reveal, which is equally ridicolous.