Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That's a tough one. I cared about N'zoth as a villain, which made his lackluster cinematic especially disappointing. Will I be as disappointed by this cinematic if it's bad if I never cared much about the Jailer to begin with?
    Yeah, that's the thing I guess. I cared about the Nzoth too, the cinematic we got and the whole 8.3 treatment was painful to me. And I don't care for lore that much.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Azerite power omg!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Yeah, that's the thing I guess. I cared about the Nzoth too, the cinematic we got and the whole 8.3 treatment was painful to me. And I don't care for lore that much.
    The big question for me though is whether to watch it now, or hold off until I actually see it in-game.
    Not sure how brutally difficult the last three bosses are.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

https://www.twitch.tv/squishei

about to trigger the intro cinematic

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Well, only a matter of time until wowhead puts it up.

I don't think Blizzard will upload either until the jailer is down.
    Blizzard always uploads them days in advance they’re just unlisted and then the links get spread once downed.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    The forums are one thing. Only people who are hyper invested are here. People are also as fervently dedicated to characters like Russell the Bard and Zuluhed the Whacked, so this is not the environment I mean when I say “in the wild.” I mean in the real world or in the live game.
    I doubt anyone is actually dedicated to Russell. They're literally grasping straws looking for any examples that make Bards relevant as a playable class, that's all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh Shit, he's using Icecrown citadel to siphon Azeroths soul!

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    So the Forge of Souls Dungeon is literally there to suck the soul out of Azeroth? Freaking Awesome!!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Did not expect to ever see Forge of Souls dungeon be relevant again to any new lore or show up in a cinematic but here we are. Actually a cool retcon that fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/squishei

about to trigger the intro cinematic
    I like the Icecrown machinery callback with the FT conduit.

This is how you do cool retcons.

That was unexpected to say the least

5+ Year Old Account
    well, goodbye Azeroth. poor girl, she has suffered too much
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Ahh just got off work, I'm missing everything! Any cinematic already?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Oh Shit, he's using Icecrown citadel to siphon Azeroths soul!
    It was neat to see whatever that dungeon was called used again, though it does raise questions regarding what they were doing back in WotLK if they were designed to siphon Azerite.

Shame i just cannot bring myself to care about the Jailer. It is set up like such an epic finale to a long journey, but in the end we don't know jack about him, and his exit from the story will go just as unnoticed as his entry.
    The ultimate filler expansion, and yet it tries it's hardest to be a climactic finale despite nothing having been set up.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Ahh just got off work, I'm missing everything! Any cinematic already?
    Yes, the pre-Jailer fight, he is using the Forge of Souls in ICC to siphon her soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Yes, the pre-Jailer fight, he is using the Forge of Souls in ICC to siphon her soul.
    Woah sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it! They'll probably upload it to youtube at any moment right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This is an interesting development. I think this is the one retcon I think is actually very legitimately interesting. If only it were given more foreshadowing, perhaps emphasizing the eventual importance of this mystery's conclusion.

That boss area looks cool yet very annoying.

A retcon that makes sense!