5+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, Mal'ganis and Kintessa have been several dungeon and raid bosses.... https://twitter.com/BenGrandblade/st...-c0Uz8dGw&s=19
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was the last time i enjoyed the traveling, including non-flying, or at least could easily tolerate it. Zones were designed old-fashioned, and in a good way.
    This moment when i went into Spires of Arak, and run under the trees, listening to quiet ambient, just to see this, was one of the moments that i will remember forever, AND i still visit it occasionally just to run around and embrace the atmosphere and gorgeous landscapes.

Starting with the Legion Blizzard went into vertical and tight zones, focused on rush. You rush because you want to get free from doing ground shit, get rid of annoyingly designed levels. Blizzard does it purposefully to artificially increase the size of the carrot that the ability to fly is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Which Mechagon flight system was this? I mostly remember Mechagon flight as being regular flight with an occasional minor dip down to reset stacks when they got too high.
    As Adoxe said, the jetpack. I liked that I couldn't always fly all the time, but in exchange I got to fly in an even better way (double jump activated, could interact with objects, it was quicker and more convenient than flight form!). You chose when you use your jetpack and then while it was active you had to go go nuts to get as much use out of it as possible while you still had it. I'm sure other people probably farmed enough mats to have a basically unlimited supply of them but my supply was limited and I enjoyed the trade off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    WoD was the last time i enjoyed the traveling, including non-flying, or at least could easily tolerate it. Zones were designed old-fashioned, and in a good way.
    This moment when i went into Spires of Arak, and run under the trees, listening to quiet ambient, just to see this, was one of the moments that i will remember forever, AND i still visit it occasionally just to run around and embrace the atmosphere and gorgeous landscapes.

Starting with the Legion Blizzard went into vertical and tight zones, focused on rush. You rush because you want to get free from doing ground shit, get rid of annoyingly designed levels. Blizzard does it purposefully to artificially increase the size of the carrot that the ability to fly is.
    Dude same (regarding Spires). I had a screenshot of Spires at night as my desktop background for a while after WoD came out and my god I was so happy with that level of darkness and ambience.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Apparently, Mal'ganis and Kintessa have been several dungeon and raid bosses.... https://twitter.com/BenGrandblade/st...-c0Uz8dGw&s=19
    That's a bit odd. I mean I know that's their thing usually but this feels like "see, see? They were around all this time" thing like they tried with the Jailer being behind everything.

edit: The tweeter guy says it pretty well how this makes Zovaal behind so much. Feels dumb. Why even infiltrate and imitate other demons when you're part of the Legion?
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2022-03-12 at 02:43 AM.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    That's a bit odd. I mean I know that's their thing usually but this feels like "see, see? They were around all this time" thing like they tried with the Jailer being behind everything.

edit: The tweeter guy says it pretty well how this makes Zovaal behind so much. Feels dumb. Why even infiltrate and imitate other demons when you're part of the Legion?
    This fixes everything! Lore is saved. Thanks for sharing this!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Alysrazor had mechanics, it required the minimum amount of skill to not fail, so that wasn't much like what we have now at all.

The baseline flight we have in WoW is literally a button that lets you move with full 3D movement at 4 times regular running speed.
    There is no mechanic that prevents you from hovering in place indefinitely, nothing to prevent you using pinpoint movement to land on anything your character can stand on, nothing to separate those that are experienced from those that are new.

To compare to a different game quickly. In GTA, flight is difficult to find at any time, requires some skill (not a large amount), and cannot be used for precise movements.
    What this does mean however is that it is something you can become good at, and which creates organic moments of gameplay as it can be finagled to fit into other gameplay niches if you are skilled enough.
    Maybe you want to fly through a tunnel, or land accurately on top of a mountain.

Flying in WoW does not have this. It does not have anything really except that sometimes you can't use it at all.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that a game should not give me an ultimate option and no reason not to use it. No balancing act in choosing when to use it, no challenges i can do with it that give me enjoyment. In short, a badly designed gameplay system.

As I said, I don't hate flying, i just hate this version of it. Give me something that is momentum based. Something where I need to play well to gain height, and which punishes me for playing badly.
    I would love a zone that has flying in such a way that I see a faraway island and I need to use my skills I have accrued to somehow keep my momentum and heigh enough to reach it before I fall down, instead of pressing autorun and not nodding off while this riveting gameplay plays out in front of me.

A want a version of flying where flying from the shoreline to the mountaintop without touching the ground is an achievement, not the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

But this just begs the question of why you need to get it again to begin with. Surely at that point you are done and can stop?

You wouldn't demand the ability to instakill raidbosses just because you have killed them once, would you?
    Respawning treasures with rare drops

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    How engaging the open world is, is dependant on the content it contains.
    Not by spending 10 minuts running from A coordinates to B coordinates.

Extra traversal methods do not take away from events, quests, puzzles and etc.
    They would still be there, you would still need to walk to them, you'd just do it quicker and be less frustrated and/or inconvenienced.

My proposed solution is literally Ardenweald:

Lots of relatively well placed flight paths and an extensive mushroom portal system.
    I'd just return the FP whistle and either move around or add some of more Portals/Flight paths. (there is absolutely no need to have a portal just above the Flight master at Glitterfall Basin for example.

Traversing the zone worked perfectly up until flying got introduced and made every travel option irrelevant.
    Also helped that, unlike Bastion and Revendreth, it had more likable terrain design.

- - - Updated - - -

You are, of course, free to tell me how shitty Ardenweald really was and how the zone was not engaging at all!
    Part of me thinks that i won't believe you tho.
    Kyrian in bastion is insane for travel
    Multiple teleports and your personal beacon

- - - Updated - - -

So who wants to beat the writers with soap and a sock?

That just screams Reverse Flash shenanigans to me. "It was me, Barr...I mean, Mawwalker!"

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    That just screams Reverse Flash shenanigans to me. "It was me, Barr...I mean, Mawwalker!"
    WoW RP Twitter is somehow the worst headcanoneers the community has: Especially Ben "Bad Faith Actor" Grandblade.

Mal'Ganis & Kintessa turning into past bosses does not imply they were these people all along. They're just turning into them because they can turn into anybody. Occam's Razor: Don't buy into the worst possible interpretation of something just so you can complain about plot holes created by you being a bad faith actor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    So Wrathion in MoP
    I wonder if they will do a scene like Sylvanas vs Saurfang again because most players don't experience these big storyline endings when they're at the end of expansions: Most people missed the scene where Wrathion freaks out, turns into a little baby dragon, having a fit about one faction not destroying the other like he wanted. Or The Hidden need, where they establish Brill has already been rebuilt before Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-03-12 at 04:32 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    the dragon theory just got another point new inactive portal in the dream-way between Feralas and Moonglade. They are doing somthing.. old items are getting put in new houses completely empty in 3 zones, in eastern kingdoms the water has turned toxic green in Loch Modan and wetlands has golden glowy eyed orcs in the hills and most of the Twilight cultists are gone or renamed
    do not annoy the dragon for you are small crunchy and good with sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Just to add onto this, this isn't a Sargeras scenario where he thinks the world and people living in it are basically okay in principle and when everything is clean they can start doing that again but without the bug that made him want to kill everyone. The Bald Man's end state is a cosmos-wide Maw where the only person who exists is him and everything else runs on factory settings. If there's anyone else present at all it's Torghast trash mobs.
    Indeed. It is WILD how WoW managed to skirt any theology in the expansion about the Afterlife (?????) But he basically wants to be God in this new universe.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dread lords return to there original form on death so there’s no way they were these bosses when we downed them, it’s possible they could have pretending to be them at some point before death or after there deaths to gather info pretend there still Alice ect, but there mostly nobody’s so that tells us nothin.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-03-12 at 08:35 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    So Wrathion in MoP
    See, that's an interesting comparison, because Wrathion never positions himself as the head of this new order. Wrathion is actually the altruistic, yet ruthless, "for the greater good" approach to this scenario, while Zovaal comes across as self serving.

The fact that Zovaal comes across as a more self-centered Wrathion, AND in a Cosmic level, shows how thin his character actually is.

No, it's a) chiefly a reference b) irrelevant to the status of those bosses all of which left bodies. Dreadlords can imitate you without you being dead and revert to their original form on death. Mal'ganis does it to you in this very patch. In as much as this has any lore relevance, the only thing that can be gleamed is that the pair imitated these bosses for a time. But in reality, it's just an in-joke because the whole boss is based on pretending to be other people. Lore twitter are once again hyperventilating ninnies exposure to which will rot your brain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Indeed. It is WILD how WoW managed to skirt any theology in the expansion about the Afterlife (?????) But he basically wants to be God in this new universe.
    Shadowlands has some vague interest in fleshing out its own rules and discussing shit like fate, determinism, personhood, whatever. It does so almost entirely in side documents however. What it has significant interest in is its turgid soap opera plot. What it has zero interest in is societies and theology hence why the game doesn't care one iota about having absolutely anyone react to their belief system being proven wrong or the implications of knowing objectively that anyone you kill or even granny passing away in her sleep will end up burning in the pits of hell.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-03-12 at 08:43 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

9.2.5 PTR coming tuesday/wednesday, you've heard it here first!

5+ Year Old Account
    some yes no inn tho https://imgur.com/PzeTCIQ https://imgur.com/bDZLp2h https://imgur.com/rYJ60JO https://imgur.com/2cg8AvJ did not take a duskwood pic yet that ones creepy with alll the blood
    do not annoy the dragon for you are small crunchy and good with sauce

Quote Originally Posted by delphiskye View Post
    some yes no inn tho https://imgur.com/PzeTCIQ https://imgur.com/bDZLp2h https://imgur.com/rYJ60JO https://imgur.com/2cg8AvJ did not take a duskwood pic yet that ones creepy with alll the blood
    That unused portal does actually lead somewhere we know. For some reason one of the Dreamway portals just don't work for reasons we don't know.
    It does work in the raid however, so maybe it was just a hard limit on how many of those portals could be added to a single instance.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Don't they usually announce PTR like at least a week or two in advance? I've never really cared or paid attention to it cause it ruins all the fun of the game but I swear they announce it ahead of time.
    PTRs have been announced as late as 2 or 3 days before it opens from what I remember, not counting the ones that are announced as immediately open after a livestream.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's very likely 9.2.5 will be this or next week, we had already few encrypted builds.

I really hope for further catch ups that will help me "finish" characters and content from SL. Something like this:

- Renown 80 token
    - option to send grateful offerings between chars
    - option to send cyphers between chars
    - conduit token from rep account wide (I would leave 278 token from challenge soulbound)
    - option to turn cypher gear into tier

And for content:
    - cross realm instances (confirmed) - I hope it will come with option to trade between H/A, this restriction make no sense anyway since WoD when auction house become cross faction
    - new arena (confirmed)
    - Chromie time for 50-60
    - Throne of Thunder timewalking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    - option to remove grateful offerings

Fixed that for you :P