10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone think this will be announced on April 19th;

??????

It seems to be the last leak not thoroughly debunked.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-03-14 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

??????
    Honestly, no. The logos just aren't that hard to mimic and plenty of people with sufficient photoshop experience can make a believable fake. I find it more likely that someone made a believable fake than somehow 10.0's logo was leaked months before its announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    100% he’ll double agent the scarlet crusade and end up getting ousted in a raid or dungeon where he’s supposed to kill taelia but turns on the scarlet leader and shows us that he’s been working with Shaw this whole time
    I personally would like to see him stay in power as a benevolent dictator—maybe becoming the new Archbishop of Stormwind, perhaps? We know there's a vacancy, and he seems pretty well-liked among the Alliance. Stormwind as a Theocracy would be amazingly based.

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    Honestly, no. The logos just aren't that hard to mimic and plenty of people with sufficient photoshop experience can make a believable fake. I find it more likely that someone made a believable fake than somehow 10.0's logo was leaked months before its announcement.
    One of the main reasons people believe it is because the border and globe are 100% unique unlike logos from the past

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the main reasons people believe it is because the border and globe are 100% unique unlike logos from the past
    Which is still easily within the capacity of someone with enough Photoshop experience, either via photobashing or digital painting it's not a massive stretch of skill to redesign the border or globe.

10+ Year Old Account

??????

Has Ashes of Galakaros been debunked at this point? I mean aside from the timing being off (which absolutely could have changed due to managerial/marketing decisions), I'm not seeing anything in that leak that has been 100% ruled out at this point. And Sojourn being announced for Overwatch 2's beta would seem to lead some credence to that potential leak.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Apparently, Mal'ganis and Kintessa have been several dungeon and raid bosses.... https://twitter.com/BenGrandblade/st...-c0Uz8dGw&s=19
    This makes me sick....
    JUST LEAVE OLD LORE ALONE FFS!

Get your filthy paws off it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    Which is still easily within the capacity of someone with enough Photoshop experience, either via photobashing or digital painting it's not a massive stretch of skill to redesign the border or globe.
    Do you have any examples of people producing logos of this quality for the purpose of a leak? Honestly, I've never seen it. This logo is definitely multiple cuts above your typical fake logo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Has Ashes of Galakaros been debunked at this point? I mean aside from the timing being off (which absolutely could have changed due to managerial/marketing decisions), I'm not seeing anything in that leak that has been 100% ruled out at this point. And Sojourn being announced for Overwatch 2's beta would seem to lead some credence to that potential leak.
    Eh... O2's beta actually killed it more, because the leak stated the beta would be announced with multiple new characters. The only new character announced was Sojourn, and we've known about her for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    This makes me sick....
    JUST LEAVE OLD LORE ALONE FFS!

Get your filthy paws off it!
    This is a misunderstanding people have. It was just a call-back to old bosses.

Do you have any examples of people producing logos of this quality for the purpose of a leak? Honestly, I've never seen it. This logo is definitely multiple cuts above your typical fake logo.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh... O2's beta actually killed it more, because the leak stated the beta would be announced with multiple new characters. The only new character announced was Sojourn, and we've known about her for months.
    Even top leaks from the past like the SL map and awakening have the same basic border as the base

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    This is a misunderstanding people have. It was just a call-back to old bosses.

As far as I understood it- all these bosses were Malganis and Kintessa in disguise, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    As far as I understood it- all these bosses were Malganis and Kintessa in disguise, no?
    No. That's a baseless misunderstanding people had for some reason. It makes no implication of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    the name debunked it.

Also Sojourn had been announced for months already.
    I hadn't realized she'd been announced for months, definitely good to know. That being said, I don't necessarily discount it based on the other two not being there. From my own experience in dev, it's pretty easy for things to be delayed & stuff to get pulled out of an alpha/beta if they don't feel ready. Given the litany of issues we've heard about OW2 development, I could absolutely see the team pulling those two heroes and announcing/adding them later when time allows.

That being said, knowing that she had already been announced for months makes that leak far more unlikely.

Empire of Dragons.. could be but after those final boss cinematics churning up Azeroth core with the soul forge, I’m hopeful that the next expac will be heading ‘into’ Azeroth. There’s a Lot of content to explore there between void, azerite, nerubians, undermine, lots of possibility.

If you look at the previous logos, the F in Warcraft is in front of the T, but in the Empire of Dragons logo the T is in front. Small thing, but makes it seem photoshopped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even top leaks from the past like the SL map and awakening have the same basic border as the base
    I don't know what you mean by that. EoD has a pretty unique border, which actually coincides with how Blizzard has been doing WoW logos since BFA;

10+ Year Old Account
    A few come to mind, there's World of Fakecraft: Shattered Kingdoms, which was made in part to show how even a hobbyist can make a unique logo. There's Undermine, which was made specifically as a fan expansion concept and not with the intent to mislead, but was used as such in a few instances anyway. We were gushing about the design of The Awakening a while back but seemingly collectively decided it was fake. There's Dragonmire, made by Xaxxas in this very thread.

You can disagree that these are of the same quality or as convincing to you as Empire of Dragons, but they all have unique borders and other details that indicate some effort and skill behind making them appear convincing. The point here being that making a mockup of a WoW logo isn't some forbidden art, and it doesn't require a professional Blizzard designer to mimic the style.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2022-03-14 at 04:32 AM.

I don't know what you mean by that. EoD has a pretty unique border, which actually coincides with how Blizzard has been doing WoW logos since BFA;

Im agreeing with you

What I mean is the logos from past leaks like the SL one that had the map with a logo in the corner and the awakening leak from last season use the basic border design from around classic and the EoD leak is more detailed and actually unique

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Ashes of Galakaros is one of the best leaks out there, I'd be really happy if that's the one which ends up being real. But I'll remain cautious, I don't want to be disappointed
    I agree. If it turns out to be true, it will be the most hype expansion for me like ever.

??????

We're not going to get any of the leaks as an expansion. Better be prepared for something very different with snippets of different leaks sprinkled here and there blizzard style. Like legion was with argus expansion or bfa with pirates, south seas, nagas and old gods.