Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the VA probably chose to make it sound that way. Xavius was meant to be mocking Tyrande. I mean by the lore, he LOATHES her and Malfurion.
    Quite frankly, I do think the campy and over-the-top portrayal of Xavius is a nice break from usual WoW villains. I think having a sardonic, arrogant villain like Nefarian was a good choice.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know as much as it'll re-open yesterday's can of worms, the idea of a third party trying to do some shit like reawaken Chromatus, or revive Galakrond, or just usurp the Dragonflights in general is a really interesting idea to me.

Plus since we don't know of any Cosmic Forces interested in the dragons it means they can make it a more grounded villain/group.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Everyone's assuming the Purple dragon head is Chromatus, but does anyone think the void-touched dragons would try to form their own flight? Unionize the errant dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Agreed. I think some people are put off because they don't realize that Malfurion's melodramatic dialogue is Xavius being sarcastic, too, which is a shame because it's rather blatant to me.
    On that front I think the problem isn't that Malfurion is being melodramatic, but Tyrande is too.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It's like the fake sounding Tidus laugh in Final Fantasy X. Poor guy can't live it down even though the entire scene it was cut from shows that the laugh was forced.
    The Tidus laugh isn't just misunderstood because it's deliberately awakeard though, it's also suffering from the VAs not being quite that comfortable with the character, which coupled with the stilted animations makes it doubly awkward.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Night elves deserve it. They've lived for 10,000 years? Getting tortured in the maw is just paying their life tax, mama. Abominations, all of them.
    Yep, no bad faith here at all.

And everyone who doesn't like this one thing is a basement dweller. How are you still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The Tidus laugh isn't just misunderstood because it's deliberately awakeard though, it's also suffering from the VAs not being quite that comfortable with the character, which coupled with the stilted animations makes it doubly awkward.
    Get your logic and context out of here. It's perfectly fine to judge everything off the lazy gaming rhetoric equivalent of Cinema Sins.

"A character being a construct of a dreaming collective mourning their dead civilization means it's all a dream! I don't need to have played something for my hot take!"
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-04 at 06:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    The voice acting in that zone for Tyrande and Malfurion alone made me go from them being top tier to making me wish Blizzard would just kill them off or memoryhole both of them.

Amazing how fast trash voice acting can assassinate a character for a person.
    Ye, it was horrible. But wasn't that Xavius faking Malfs voice, as he did with his body?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, it was horrible. But wasn't that Xavius faking Malfs voice, as he did with his body?
    It was Xavius faking Malfurion, but people don't read quests...

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's assuming the Purple dragon head is Chromatus, but does anyone think the void-touched dragons would try to form their own flight? Unionize the errant dragons.
    Maybe but I've had enough tentacles after BFA for one decade.

A neat theory doing the rounds is that the name "Dragonflight" could be a double meaning title and its about the Dragons leaving the known world and the horde and alliances bullshit behind in a literal flight of dragonkind. Personally i'm leaning more to "dragonflights are the new covenants, get ready to farm aspect power" but it would be an interesting change of pace if we saw people finally just say 'no more' to the horde and the alliances senseless constant wars that have nearly triggered the death of the entire planet on multiple occasions. After the last lead to the afterlife ripping its way into the sky above northrend that does seem like a pisstake moment for the former guardians of the world to lose all patience with the sports team mentality that refuses to ever learn from their mistakes.

Kind of figured that Wrathion would eventually be leading a flight of cleansed or repentant void-touched dragons, based on the Uncorrupted Voidwing mount and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    A neat theory doing the rounds is that the name "Dragonflight" could be a double meaning title and its about the Dragons leaving the known world and the horde and alliances bullshit behind in a literal flight of dragonkind. Personally i'm leaning more to "dragonflights are the new covenants, get ready to farm aspect power" but it would be an interesting change of pace if we saw people finally just say 'no more' to the horde and the alliances senseless constant wars that have nearly triggered the death of the entire planet on multiple occasions. After the last lead to the afterlife ripping its way into the sky above northrend that does seem like a pisstake moment for the former guardians of the world to lose all patience with the sports team mentality that refuses to ever learn from their mistakes.
    Dragons pull a "so long and thanks for all the fish" and we have to get them back because of the Jailer's "what is to come" speech.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I think Nathanos was killed off and never mentioned again, because he was so deeply unpopular on all channels (official forums, mmo-c, r/wow), literally everywhere you looked people were shitting on Nathanos for being an awkward and cringy obvious Danuser self-insert. The decision was probably more like a demand from higher up.
    One can only hope this is the case. But the unspoken rule of WoW is that unless there is a corpse it just means he's taking a break and is coming back.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    One can only hope this is the case. But the unspoken rule of WoW is that unless there is a corpse it just means he's taking a break and is coming back.
    Hell, even when there is a corpse.

Remember Kael'thas in Tempest Keep?

And now we have the YouTube vultures making videos with the leak thread talking about it being confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    And now we have the YouTube vultures making videos with the leak thread talking about it being confirmed
    I mean none of them have any credibility. They all just 1-2 weeks ago were making videos on how EoA was confirmed.

Oh so why do we care IN UNIVERSE? I dunno. I'm not the right person to answer that. As I explained in my rant a few hundread pages back, I find dragons dull. Too easy, too predictable, not enough drama. I doubt I will care for them even while standing in the middle of their ancestral home.
    Well what if the dragons OFFER something if we help them? For the Alliance, the blessing of the Aspects for a new World Tree. For the Horde, dragon fire to cleanse Lordaeron. What if we actually address Gorribal for once and Wrathion suggests that the Five Aspects can actually deal with the sword? What if we are simply invited to attend a ceremony in the Dragon Isles that should empower the Aspects and while the ritual works, something goes really badly and we just have to fix their mess again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting point from Reddit user BattleMonkeyz about the broken road south of the Wyrmrest Temple: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._leak_is_true/

It's obviously the Path of the Titans, we know that much, but I don't think we know where the road is supposed to have led. Strand of the Ancients would have been my first guess but we don't see any remnants of such a path leading north on the SotA map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh I didn't know that. You are the first to mention it. And don't worry. Your comments are always appreciated.
    Tada!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    World of Warcraft: Dragonflight
    They even posted early on in that Dragonflight leak thread and referenced that it would be funny since that is the name they already guessed, but that they doubted it.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    These leaks are fun but sadly just smart renditions of fans dreams. We do not have the resources to pull off a new class sadly and our story team isnt large enough nor paid enough to write compelling narratives.
    The wow team is growing not shrinking but nice try.