Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    That's not why people dislike the character. We should be moving on instead of continuing this topic, I'm recovering from the flu and I really don't need to see moderator green on whitish tan. It's not great for the stomach.
    I hope you feel better soon!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    -snip-

Damn and here I was expecting something spicy. Just for it to be something only sensitive people are bothered by.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    From the short story Visage Day from Folk and Fairy Tales of Azeroth.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fol...les_of_Azeroth
    Every day's a school day. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I was under the impression this is most dragons with their humanoid form, or is that only a Forgotten Realms (DnD setting) thing for dragons?
    I honestly don't know. Unless it's something explicitly stated in game, then I've never really been up to date with WoW lore as I don't keep up through other avenues. Unless it's something major referenced elsewhere, like characters like Chromatus being a thing.

9 days left… the wait is killing me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    9 days left… the wait is killing me!!
    Protip: Only count workdays, otherwise you'll be wishing away your weekends.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Who the fuck doesn't like Chromie and where can we send them? Bunch of sensitive losers.

The fairy tale book retconned her dialogue in HOTS implying their dragon name didn't imply anything, but honestly, who the hell cares and HOTS is not really canon. That's not any excuse for the real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    My issue is with the fascination with the character that a portion of the player base seem to have with Chromie. It comes across as borderline simping at times, and I find that pretty unsettling when the character has both the appearance and the personality of a child.
    You and I have experienced a very different wow playerbase. Don't worry I don't think Dragonflight is going to sexualize Chromie. Gnomes aren't even supposed to be children they're supposed to be adults with dwarfism. Lallafel, those are the creepy stans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Wrathion is the one that will be impaled on Wyrmrest temple in the true End Times.
    Why is End Time so fascinating to people? It was just a what if dungeon that we already circumvented in Dragon Soul.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-10 at 07:14 PM.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I was under the impression this is most dragons with their humanoid form, or is that only a Forgotten Realms (DnD setting) thing for dragons?
    It seems to be a Forgotten Realms thing, yeah. Most dragons in Warcraft choose a form with a gender matching their draconian one. See: literally every dragon minus Chromie

Chromie being trans was speculation for years because of her true name, Chronormu, being an explicitly male name. She's the only example of something like that in the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Who the fuck doesn't like Chromie and where can we send them? Bunch of sensitive losers.

The fairy tale book retconned her dialogue in HOTS implying their dragon name didn't imply anything, but honestly, who the hell cares and HOTS is not really canon. That's not any excuse for the real reason.
    I'm not a fan. Feel free to send me where I'm not subjected to the more suspect side of her fanbase, please.

I'm hoping for Xal'atath as the main villain.

I'd like Azshara to show up as a recurring character too please, ideally across several expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

....uh, Yes.... yes this the reason.

And nothing else.
    Did something happen with Chromie in the time I was afk from WoW? That was literally the main reason people hated her, or hate her

Ah cheers, genuinely didn't know. Is this established in game? As I don't really follow the lore outside of the game.

Either way, no, that is not the reason why I dislike the character.
    Kind of. She always was called chronormu in game. "ormu" being the ending of male dragon names. It's not mentioned ingame though so its very easy to miss if you don't read forums and someone claims this as an outrageous fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Honestly I've never seen anyone complain about this character. Idk, sounds like a non-issue people are making up.

I'm not a fan. Feel free to send me where I'm not subjected to the more suspect side of her fanbase, please.
    Where have you seen that? In any case, fair enough (but not really).

Also, the fanbase of something is a silly reason to dislike something. Pretty much everything has a toxic cross-section of fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Kind of. She always was called chronormu in game. "ormu" being the ending of male dragon names. It's not mentioned ingame though so its very easy to miss if you don't read forums and someone claims this as an outrageous fact.
    I legit never inrw that, in terms of the suffixes on the names. Cheers for letting me know.

The whole Chromie business has zero realistic relation with a certain topic we all know about, what with Chromie being able to turn at will into perfect physical copies of either sex and any species. Past that, Chromie's fine, I've no strong opinion.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-04-10 at 07:17 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

One issue with fake leaks, is that they set the actual thing up for faillure.
    Like, I immediately though the Dragonflight mmo c leak details were fake, and still do. But it kind of grew on me, imagining the different classes, the class skins, etc. When the announcement actually happens I'm afraid some expectations will not be met and some people will be let down, through no fault of Blizzard's.
    So, I'm trying to temper my expectations and not hold any of these speculations too close.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Damn and here I was expecting something spicy. Just for it to be something only sensitive people are bothered by.
    people disliked chromie waaay before they retconed her, mostly because gnome and the voice

gnomes are not rly the most liked race in warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Honestly I've never seen anyone complain about this character. Idk, sounds like a non-issue people are making up.
    I wish it was.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    people disliked chromie waaay before they retconed her, mostly because gnome and the voice

gnomes are not rly the most liked race in warcraft.
    To think some people believe Gnomes and Goblins could've carried an entire expansion theme by themselves.

Let alone a class exclusively designed around their aesthetic and quirks.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I wish it was.
    Let me re-phrase. There isn't a single major WarCraft character who hasn't received some level of hate. Unfortunately that's just how toxic this fandom is. As for Chromie, I haven't seen any more hate generated towards that character than anyone else in the series.