Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I wish they would’ve continued the order hall/class based stories at least a little bit after Legion.

Even if it’s just a single questlines for each class instead of full campaigns.
    Even if it’s just to say if we’re still the leaders of those orders and what the orders are doing.

Example that woulda been cool:
    Demon Hunters somewhat involved in SL post 9.1/9.2 because of the dreadlords.

Or the uncrowned trying to learn their ways of disguise.

Black Harvest trying to learn/adapt magic they see in the shadowlands to their magic. Maybe like adapting domination magic to fel/other shadow magic to bind demons easier. (We’ve seen the Black Harvest adapt magic before for the lore of some warlock spells)
    Etc.
    They kept Azeroth as distant as possible in Shadowlands, to the disappointment of many many people and honestly tanking the expansion for a lot of them. Why? Probably because they didn't want to establish ANYTHING that could fuck with their plans for Azeroth in 10.0: note that they don't even talk about the scourge (outside one quest) until the expansion story is over.

Class halls getting involved would have been cool, but I really did think they went in with "we are ignoring Azeroth until we can come back with a bang" design mindset. One thing pointing to a revamp for me IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You guys are putting too much emphasis on those titles.

The Dreamer and the Awakened are both player titles already.

And Earthwarden isn't even the black aspects title, that's Earth-Warder.
    Earthwarden is a druid talent and a random cata mace, as well as the NPC name for multiple elementals.

Lifebinder is used for a variety of NPCs and items.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Crimson_Lifebinder
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Botani_Lifebinder
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ethereum_Life-Binder
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lifebinder
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Life_Binder_Talisman

If a random red can be called a Lifebinder, surely we can too.
    Good catch on Earthwarden versus Earth-Warder.

And yeah, I just don't see Blizzard going generic with their expansion class concept. They never have in the past.

I really really doubt they will have the Green's magic be involved in a dragon class. It steps on the toes of Druids way too much, like beyond DH/Warlock. It's literally the same magic.

If there is a healer it will be Red and flame based... which is also Not Cool TM (flames need to HURT), which makes me think dragon healing won't even be a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    The devs can create NEW lore for new classes.
    But they never have in the past. All of their expansion classes are based on established heroes. Alexstraza falls right in line with that, complete with a RTS/MOBA version that previews class mechanics and abilities. This would be like having Illidan on the cover of Legion and saying that the next class is going to be a Spearman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    I really really doubt they will have the Green's magic be involved in a dragon class. It steps on the toes of Druids way too much, like beyond DH/Warlock. It's literally the same magic.

If there is a healer it will be Red and flame based... which is also Not Cool TM (flames need to HURT), which makes me think dragon healing won't even be a thing.
    Alexstraza was a healer in HotS utilizing fire and nature magic.

Not really? It's all about how it's used. Warlocks and Demon Hunters literally both channel felfire; if you incorporate green theming into abilities, without stepping on actual Druid spells, it works just fine. Especially if they throw green flavor in for the Melee spec or something.

People aren't going to look at class that uses all different types of Dragonflight magic, and call it a Druid clone, unless one spec is literally just green, which is part of the point of having them use multiple powers at once.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-04-13 at 03:05 PM.

Well we already know something is off if the poster child of the expansion is Alex, but we’re getting a green drake.
    They NEVER stated it was a green drake, we just KNOW that the mount use a green drake vfx, but it could mean everything and anything, really.

Just so you know, Thunderfury is called ashbringer in the game files, or the other way around I don't remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunravel View Post
    They NEVER stated it was a green drake, we just KNOW that the mount use a green drake vfx, but it could mean everything and anything, really.
    Hmmm you think it could be a Red dragon mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Hmmm you think it could be a Red dragon mount?
    Honestly I wonder, it could be a mount that can swap colors as something chromatic, but not like the fae dragon, rather something you can just choose. I doubt it's a regular drake mount, since it's a prepurchase stuff, it gotta be more special somehow or bring something exclusive I'd say.

I wonder.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

Just so you know, Thunderfury is called ashbringer in the game files, or the other way around I don't remember.
    Unless I’m misunderstanding something
    Weren’t there like 5 different encrypted effects datamined as well
    5 dragonflights, I could see the drake shifting colors and/or being like a chromatic drake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

5 dragonflights, I could see the drake shifting colors and/or being like a chromatic drake.
    Exactly, and the only one not encrypted is the green one

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I wonder, it could be a mount that can swap colors as something chromatic, but not like the fae dragon, rather something you can just choose. I doubt it's a regular drake mount, since it's a prepurchase stuff, it gotta be more special somehow or bring something exclusive I'd say.

I wonder.
    Now that's an interesting theory; a Chromatic drake mount that changes colors over time? That would be a very nice deluxe edition mount.

Also lends credence to a possibility that Chromatic drakes will have something to do with this expansion. Perhaps as an integral part of the player class?

7+ Year Old Account
    which is also Not Cool TM (flames need to HURT)

Sorry, but the reds restorative flames characteristic is far more interesting than just a regular fire ball.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Also especially thematic if the big bad just happens to be the ultimate version of a chromatic dragon with a couple of heads.
    Yeah, and just for reference, the Deluxe edition mount in Legion was an Illidari Felstalker.

I wonder how much more powerful and important our characters will become this expansion; maybe we're going to be the Aspect.

As in, singular.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Anything new in the last 30 pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I wonder how much more powerful and important our characters will become this expansion; maybe we're going to be the Aspect.

As in, singular.
    We've already surpassed Me'dan in power multiple times (With special Armor/Weapons, but still), might as well confirm it once more on Azeroth title-wise LOL

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Anything new in the last 30 pages?
    Unfortunately just mostly speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post

As in, singular.
    Doubt it. The text leaks with the Order Halls coming back AND us being demoted to not being the leader anymore matches with how Ion has acknowledged people want to "go back to Goldshire" in terms of power levels.

I doubt anything involving the PC becoming dragonflight leaders or aspects themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah then it's probably a chromatic drake. Which matches up with the singular Dragonflight name and Chromatus probably being the antagonist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    because its all dragons, it had to be one, green drakes are way rarer to get, you actually only have one, there is a couple of versions of the red, black and blue already, and the infinite drake kinda count as another bronze, so it make sense
    Also I kinda hope the mount is somewhat inspired by Ysera similiar to the Alextrasza Mount you can get from Deathwing. <3

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah then it's probably a chromatic drake. Which matches up with the singular Dragonflight name and Chromatus probably being the antagonist.
    NGL, a color changing dragon mount would be pretty sick.