10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Yep! I want to be a dragon that disguises myself as a person.

This is a SUPER popular concept on RP realms, too. the money blizzard could make on race changes on those servers alone...
    Yeah, imagine how many people would roll Wrathion, Chromie, and Alexstraza clones, and those clones would be running around with those baby dragon backpacks that match their spec. Then those Wrathion clones would be hanging out with Anduin clones and all hell breaks loose.

The money would print itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I thought the Thorim Mogu & Loken Tol'vir would have been good choices for allied races in 8.3.5: They hate each other & the invasion of N'zoth would have been an excuse to give us new, biped, flesh-ified Tol'vir but that didn't happen.

But if the Botani migrated to Azeroth theres no clear reason why the Saberon couldn't too.
    AFAIK, a bunch of them ran away at the end of the Mag'har unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    This obsession with HotS is getting out of hand.
    Simultaneously arguing that the HoTS dragons were valid to draw class ideas from but E.T.C. wasn't was pretty annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecarp View Post
    Its genocide towards white males just think about it.
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I have like...18 characters and the endless scrolling already drives me mad. I can't imagine even more (well I could I have more once lol)

I wish they'd change the character select screen to pages. IDK about anyone else but that'll ease my mind a lot. Currently it feels cluttered. I can't explain why paging would fix that, except I don't have that cluttered feeling in LOTRO which has pages instead of scrolling for the character select screen.
    Pages could work well for that. They could also do like a tile layout on the character selection screen and then only show the character after being selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I really hope that's actually what they turn out to be.
    I have a feeling that the baby whelp backpacks are going to be a lot more elaborate than the Murloc ones. I'm picturing something more akin to Wrathion's backpack, with some adornments and effects that match the power of the dragonflight that the whelp belongs to.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How do you know that you'll only be in dragon form for 5% of the time? Alexstraza HotS was in dragon form for more than 5% of playtime. Demonology Warlocks were in demon form for longer than 5% of time, and this class concept would likely be similar to that mechanics wise.

I use Chromie because she's a dragon in lore and she has a unique RDPS concept. Again, the concept in of itself hinges on Alexstraza.

I disagree. People rather enjoy shifting forms in combat, which is why people like Demon Hunters and Druids. It's also why Warlock players miss old demonology. There's something intrinsically cool about transforming into a monster while you're fighting enemies, and it's especially enjoyable where the mechanics reward you for good gameplay by increasing your uptime in said monster form.

So actually it would be better mechanically for the class to shift forms in combat.
    The difference is demonology warlocks aren’t/weren’t ever actual demons. Next

The size alone will cause so many issues. Saying “blizzard will fix it” is wishful thinking.
    They didn’t fix Tol Dagor’s literal run-killing bugs to the point that I think that Tol Dagor wasn’t even in MDI later on in the expansion.
    DHs had a disconnect bug until like 7.1.5 or 7.2
    Veng DHs were incredibly OP in flag RBGs throughout the entirety of Legion to the point that they were an easy I-Win button.

The list goes on, why would they do something that would cause so many issues if it’s not even something that is absolutely needed to get the gameplay across.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Simultaneously arguing that the HoTS dragons were valid to draw class ideas from but E.T.C. wasn't was pretty annoying.
    To be fair, Alexstraza, Chromie, and Deathwing are actual lore characters that influence the story of Warcraft.

The E.T.C. is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post

The size alone will cause so many issues. Saying “blizzard will fix it” is wishful thinking.
    They didn’t fix Tol Dagor’s literal run-killing bugs to the point that I think that Tol Dagor wasn’t even in MDI later on in the expansion.
    DHs had a disconnect bug until like 8.1.5 or 8.2.

The list goes on, why would they do something that would cause so many issues if it’s not even something that is absolutely needed to get the gameplay across.
    Wrathion dragon size (I mean the real one, not the corrupted) is actually playable and similar to DH scale size.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecarp View Post
    White Heterosexual Males are balmed for everything?
    That's a good question. Why are they balmed every time?

Yo Adolf, no one cares about your incel nazi shit.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, Alexstraza, Chromie, and Deathwing are actual lore characters that influence the story of Warcraft.

The E.T.C. is not.
    Cho’gal is an actual lore character but you aren’t arguing for a class to be based on him
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They're gonna be regular cloaks and backpacks made out of the skins of dragon whelps. Dragonflight is actually about the mortal races attempting to purge the world of dragons. You can choose to be on the dragons' side and help them, but then you're not gonna get a sweet whelp cloak.
    Dude that just reminded me of the Vork comic of The Guild.

Slaughter baby kittens for a badass dragon or beat the evil queen for the pig mount

10+ Year Old Account
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Met...rlock_ability)

Metamorphosis
    Level 10 Demonology warlock ability
    0 Demonic Fury, plus 6 per sec
    10 sec cooldown
    Instant
    Turn into a demon, transforming your Corruption, Hand of Gul'dan, Hellfire, and Shadowbolt into alternate improved abilities, and improving functionality of many other abilities

Also increases armor by 250%.

Cho’gal is an actual lore character but you aren’t arguing for a class to be based on him
    Why would I be?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunravel View Post
    Shaman and Warlock are playable. Cho'gall is nothing but an enhancement shaman on one head and a Warlock on the other.
    Yeah, that too.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-14 at 10:34 PM.

Shaman and Warlock are playable. Cho'gall is nothing but an enhancement shaman on one head and a Warlock on the other.

That’s because he’s not in HotS
    Oh wait he is

But his abilities aren’t unique like Alex and her blessing of sacrifice uh I mean flame heal that damages her

I have a feeling that the baby whelp backpacks are going to be a lot more elaborate than the Murloc ones. I'm picturing something more akin to Wrathion's backpack, with some adornments and effects that match the power of the dragonflight that the whelp belongs to.
    While i could definitely see Blizzard reusing the murloc backpack idea, I have to imagine they know that players would prefer really cool wings instead. And while the Kyrian wings show that it might not look the greatest i cannot really imagine Blizzard would miss out on this easy option for a cool transmog.

Unless of course more elaborate dragon wings is a reward from something in the Dragonflight expansion of course. In that case it's easy to see the dragon nwhelo backpack being what we get.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    While i could definitely see Blizzard reusing the murloc backpack idea, I have to imagine they know that players would prefer really cool wings instead. And while the Kyrian wings show that it might not look the greatest i cannot really imagine Blizzard would miss out on this easy option for a cool transmog.

Unless of course more elaborate dragon wings is a reward from something in the Dragonflight expansion of course. In that case it's easy to see the dragon nwhelo backpack being what we get.
    I could see wings being a possibility as well. I'm very interested to see what this and the mount turns out to be.

I gotta say, I'm really interested in seeing how much Blizzard allows us to indulge in a dragon fantasy. The Visage Day short story was interesting because it gave us a glimpse into how dragons think and behave. They're also dumping tons of old dragon books back into the pipeline for us to consume. Honestly, I think all of that is really a sign that they're going to build a class that allows us to become dragons and fully indulge in that fantasy. I could totally see the hero class opening scenario be Visage day where you're in dragon form deciding on your race just like Chromie did in the story.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-14 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Pages could work well for that. They could also do like a tile layout on the character selection screen and then only show the character after being selected.
    I suddenly want a tile layout like burning!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arthur Blair View Post
    That's a good question. Why are they balmed every time?

Yo Adolf, no one cares about your incel nazi shit.
    Just report it and move on. Don't feed the troll.

What if that's our borrowed power.

We are given these whelps for our chosen dragonflight to empower and take care of and help grow.

eta: the more I think about it the more I like this idea LET ME RAISE A DRAGON BABY BLIZZARD
    Last edited by SniperCT; 2022-04-14 at 10:44 PM.

The worst part of any troll are the ones you want to engage with righteous fire but have to content yourself with the report button.