10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i played alliance back in wtlk as dwarf but what won me over was worgen, as an werewolf fan, of course i main horde, but always keep my worgen up to date, he was my main in BfA, cause fuck horde there
    I still maintain a Worgen alt as my main Alliance-side character (also a werewolf fan). Definitely still my fave race blue-side.

Edit P.S.: I don't think any race except for vulpera could've pulled me away from Worgen - but small scrappy, resourceful, clever beasties - it was just too much the perfect storm for a race for me (see: avatar). I was sorta the Rocket Raccoon guy on Marvel Heroes and it's funny because the same month that sadly closed down, we were introduced to vulpera for the first time.
    Last edited by Leowyld; 2022-04-18 at 02:37 PM.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Best housing would be something akin to Battle Pets. Specifically Battle Pet dungeons.
    It would be quite niche. But a nice background element that is constantly added to in every patch.
    But it will take huge resource.

7+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree here.

Housing could be good. It could be great even. But it could also be absolutely horrendously shit. And WoW is not exactly at a point where it can afford to risk an expansion on a feature that might not work.

Had SL been a slam-dunk and all the systems flowed smoothly, then I could see Blizzard going for housing as a side-project they could take a risk on.
    The Garrison show good housing is possible.

Like, for me, Garrison was not perfect because i had no control on who stay inside, and i sure hell wanted to kick out a lot of fucking npcs there, i loved the stable where the mounts you favorite could be seeing resting or walking, it was my protodrake farm.

I am pretty sure you cannot change your choice on a whim in those Western RPGs. You pick a story path and stick to it. If you want to change it then it's either gruelingly difficult, or requires a reset of some kind to before the choice was even made.
    Yes, I agree. That's my point. Games with rigid paths like that usually don't have direct power discrepancies unless it's specifically built into the structure of the entire game (like, say, rolling a Nosferatu in Bloodlines). Even then it is built around multiple playthroughs. This is not something that works in an 18 year old MMO with social structures and pre-existing character attachment.

You can have meaningful choice without power in that context. If it's meaningless without it, it means you failed to make the story surrounding the choices interesting and everyone is just playing a pragmatic character that's going to side with who benefits them most. Choice ceases to matter because all players end up roleplaying a Dreadlord.

You migth as well have made all covenant sanctums and upgrades available at once, and relegated the actual ability choice to an extra tacked on talent row.
    Hey man, that's a great idea. My choice now extends to who I commit my anima to first and who I want to support the reconstruction of as my main order of business. My personal support is dictated by who I value most and whose values I align with rather than who gives me the best numbers.

...oh, you were implying that's a bad thing. Shame. But hey, going to Oribos every single time just adds so much, y'know?
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-18 at 02:32 PM.

WTB one final round of juicy fake leaks PM me
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    But it will take huge resource.
    It would take tremendous resources to make it work. Far more than Battle Pets. And Blizzard would either have to do it all in one go, risking the expansion, or over several expansions, during which players wuold have to hope that it keeps getting supported until it's at a good spot.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It would take tremendous resources to make it work. Far more than Battle Pets. And Blizzard would either have to do it all in one go, risking the expansion, or over several expansions, during which players wuold have to hope that it keeps getting supported until it's at a good spot.
    Big no for me. Huge resource invested into something that I hardly will care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Wait what? Pandaren are more popular than Draenei? Finally!

Although I don't understand why Worgen are so low. Granted The last two classes added to the game were not available to them. Hopefully they can become Evokers.
    IMO, I think it has to do with the model they have. So many animations just don't flow well with their model, especially the spell casting ones. I had a couple for a while & eventually race changed them when I just couldn't stand the animations any more.

Big no for me. Huge resource invested into something that I hardly will care about.
    It's a big yes for me. Huge feature I really want and will care more about than raid tier #38, now with boss that does whirling attack instead of knockback attack. Good thing you don't pay more for your subscription than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Hey man, that's a great idea. My choice now extends to who I commit my anima to first and who I want to support the reconstruction of as my main order of business.

...oh, you were implying that's a bad thing. Shame. But hey, going to Oribos every single time just adds so much, y'know?
    No that is exactly what I want. Either have a choice that you need to stick to and which is importnat, or don't have a meaningful chocie at all.

My ideal version of covenants would probably be improved reputations, where at max level you are obliged to pick one oyu want to focus on first, gaining some rewards, zone upgrades, and storylines.
    Then at a later spot in this process you are allowed to pick more reputations to help. Either doing them all in one go, or spreading your efforts out over several at once.

The current version of covenants we have now are just moronic, where you are constantly reminded that going to Bastion without changing your covenant to Kyrian before leaving Oribos leaves you worse equipped, both in terms of zone upgrades, and unique quests and treasures.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    IMO, I think it has to do with the model they have. So many animations just don't flow well with their model, especially the spell casting ones. I had a couple for a while & eventually race changed them when I just couldn't stand the animations any more.
    It does looks awkward with the flailing arms, doesn't it? A much more lore accurate version would be for a worgen form to be a a sort of offensive cooldown that works like metamorphosis. You go in, get harder, better, faster, stronger. You tear shit appart with your hands before you revert to regular strength. Granted making something like this a racial trate would be too much. And as for a class...what else would we do when the cooldown is not up?

Hence my solution to make them an endgame power boost. You can level the strength of your pack form with the power grind.

They already spend huge resources on shit like raids, something they openly admit they are aware of only a small fraction of the playerbase participates in.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Maybe they'll add a Pit Lord class. Since the classes HAVE to originate from WC3, Pit Lord neutral hero would be really good.
    Crazy thing but IF they would add a Chromatic Dragon class as we discussed earlier in the thread, it could be possible in the (remote) future to add creature classes.

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    WTB one final round of juicy fake leaks PM me
    Nano-classes are coming. Not a '1 spec class' but a '0 spec class'.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    They already spend huge resources on shit like raids, something they openly admit they are aware of only a small fraction of the playerbase participates in.
    I will never understand why they do not repurpose at least the raid environments.

Honestly if it was me, LFR would be replaced with a heroic dungeon or scenario (with NPC help) equivalent. The other MMORPGs I've played do not insist on resolving the most important plot points into content that only a small part of the community will really do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Is there a difference? If it only has 1 "specialization" then it effectively has no specializations, it's just a base class. So 0 spec class is a more proper way to see it imo!

7+ Year Old Account
    Best housing would be something akin to Battle Pets. Specifically Battle Pet dungeons.
    It would be quite niche. But a nice background element that is constantly added to in every patch.
    Why?

Housing requires decorative assets, assets that Blizzard creates en-masse every patch, let alone every expansion.
    It's arguably less work than transmog cosmetics, as those need to be specifically created, whereas the assets used for furniture would have to be made either way for a zone.
    Nvm the almost 20 years worth of assets that are already in the game and can be utilized.

It's literally a one time resource dump that sustains itself afterwards.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-04-18 at 02:54 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    1 talent row class. You can choose if the default attack animation has a red, blue or green trail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It does looks awkward with the flailing arms, doesn't it? A much more lore accurate version would be for a worgen form to be a a sort of offensive cooldown that works like metamorphosis. You go in, get harder, better, faster, stronger. You tear shit appart with your hands before you revert to regular strength. Granted making something like this a racial trate would be too much. And as for a class...what else would we do when the cooldown is not up?

Hence my solution to make them an endgame power boost. You can level the strength of your pack form with the power grind.
    Perhaps, though the curse of the Worgen has it as a permanent form that the Gilneans had to fight off & learn how to control rather than something that just happened on occasion & went away. In that sense, I feel like a cooldown Metamorphosis system wouldn't really fit lore-wise, even if it could extend gameplay in a manner similar to the FFXIV Reaper's Avatar. Plus, while a cooldown Worgen could be cool for Warriors & Rogues, it would still feel weird for casters. Which means it would still seemingly be limited to only a handful of classes whereas something like the Void (which you also mention) could really enhance pretty much anyone.

I honestly feel if they went a bit more subtle with the animations & perhaps gave them a voice that didn't sound like it came from a long time chain smoker, they might solve a lot of the issues current Worgen have.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Why?

Housing requires decorative assets, assets that Blizzard creates en-masse every patch, let alone every expansion.
    It's arguably less work than transmog cosmetics, as those need to be specifically created, whereas the assets used for furniture would have to be made either way for a zone.

It's literally a one time resource dumb that sustains itself afterwards.
    Yes, that's why I said Battle Pets.
    Critters are added every patch of WoW, so making them battle pets requires only a tiny bit more effort.

However, similar to Battle Pets housing would require a significant amount of upfront effort to make int osomething worthwhile, and at the end it would probably be a niche thing that ends up more of a curiosity for players, like learning that you can use these battle pets to gain useful teleports or cool titles.

Make the entire system surrounding housing and it would prbably be close to self-sustaining. But that wouldnt make it less of a commitment for the dev team to actually make it work to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is there a difference? If it only has 1 "specialization" then it effectively has no specializations, it's just a base class. So 0 spec class is a more proper way to see it imo!
    Pretty sure he meant to say there will be no new class, thus "0 specs"

Or im just seeing sarcasm everywhere