7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    No, I’d say it has a chance. Outside of Monk animations they wouldn’t really clip with their animations too much.

Adding the horns and tattoos to every race is what will never happen.
    It's not gonna happen, but they could implement the other races slowly over time.

They even have a lore explanation for it.
    "The Dracthyr didn't shapeshift into anything else cause they were isolated, now that they are in contact with us they begann shifting into forms that suit them more"

Formerly known as Arafal

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I played Legion from launch on and yes, there were issues and complaints, but it rarely mattered because we were overwhelmed with content. There was so much stuff to do and what we’ve got that the issues were just overshadowed.
    LOL this is some major historical revisionism. That is absolutely not how Legion played out. Loads of people basically quit after 1-2 months. But Blizzard got them back with whatever patch it was that stopped artifacts being fucking stupid to level and the stuff they'd added by then.

Most of the rest of your complaints are slightly Droopy Dog-style pessimism or failure to recognise that this expansion is being announced at what is pretty clearly a somewhat earlier stage of development than is usual.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think this became joke over years, but Tuskarr look as legit potential allied race for a major patch.

Yeah I find it funny how everybody who was expecting a revamp for 10.0 (I was always warning to be carful with that expectation) is just brushing it off and saying now that it will come on 11.0 or whenever, lol.

It’s not going to happen.
    Previously, I agreed. But my opinion has shifted. I still don't think their will be a total revamp in the style of Cataclysm but I do think a visual update is entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think this became joke over years, but Tuskarr look as legit potential allied race for a major patch.
    Would make the expac better if we got some allied races for non-evokers to play

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Afrasiabi was in charge of Sylvanas and where her story went. Denuser is literally in charge from now (Dragonflight) and Sylvanas is nowhere to be seen. So, you are wrong.
    Source?

there wont be one because danuser was in charge of the narrative for BFA and SL

- - - Updated - - -

You’ve been in the minority then. There’s a reason why Legion is rated or seen as the second climax of WoW.
    Show me some data to back up your claim that isn't anecdotal, we can all spout personal opinions as some sort of fact.

Case in point i know many people through coimmunties i have been a part of and just general contacts, that quit during legion simply because of legiondaries

7+ Year Old Account
    Afrasiabi was in charge of Sylvanas and where her story went. Denuser is literally in charge from now (Dragonflight) and Sylvanas is nowhere to be seen. So, you are wrong.
    Loooool wuuuut? You claim Danuser took over JUST NOW?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Yeah I find it funny how everybody who was expecting a revamp for 10.0 (I was always warning to be carful with that expectation) is just brushing it off and saying now that it will come on 11.0 or whenever, lol.

It’s not going to happen.
    Yeah honestly I'm giving up. I think I'll spend this weekend checking out Epsilon and trying some world building myself to scratch that itch cause Blizzard is just not going to do it.
    Part of me still is hooked on hopium and when they kept saying about how Dragon Isles is about Azeroth being renewed and revitalized it might mean revamp comes after. But meh, who knows at this point. There is so much I'd love to see in WoW that will never happen. We get a new class every 4-6 years when so many archetypes are missing and when the time came to add something they made something completely original. WHich may end up being great. But it just means archetypes i keep seeing in WoW lore will likely never be playable. At some point you got to give up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yeah it's the big idea with certain streamers. Everything wrong with WoW was Afrasiabi's fault!

5+ Year Old Account
    Huh? What exactly didn't you like about Shadowlands? It had everything a cinematic needs + the ending was brutal when the sky split open. Dragonflight had nothing of that... literally nothing.
    Atleast Alexa was flying around as if she a cat and playing around with stone-mouse in hands /s

Without jokes, remove red dragon from Dragonflight, and i can puke on it.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    It just feels hollow at the moment, I really hope that changes. This is the first I've felt this way after an announcement.
    How long have you been playing WoW? Not an attack just a question. I first experienced that with Cataclysm, which kinda sucked but I also had it with MoP, which was kinda awesome.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Well they did mention a large part of the story is the Horde and Alliance working together through a unified Explorer's League and Reliquary to recruit the native species in the Dragon Isles. So probably not before 10.0 but it doesn't seem entirely out of the question for a 10.x feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Which this expansion absolutely needs.

Throw us Tuskarr, Furlbolgs, Gnolls and Centaurs as Allied Races at this point for patch content. Fuck it.

My sides have finally recovered from this announcement.

Answer on why Dracthyr is only evoker:

Hazzikostas said. "Having a breath weapon, having wings, those are unique gifts that would inevitably influence the way you fight. Then we also started thinking about representations of the power of our dragonflights we've seen in Warcraft but also in other games like Heroes of the Storm's take on Alexstrasza or Chromie, for example. That started to feel like, 'No, this is a different class.'

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6502576/

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Source?

there wont be one because danuser was in charge of the narrative for BFA and SL
    Not according to people who have actually worked at Blizzard. Afrasiabi was in charge until he was fired. Then Danuser was in charge only because all the story guys are gone. So Afrasiabi was in charge of the story of Shadowlands until it was two late to make any major changes. Danuser isn't even credited on the BFA box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    He hasn't been in charge of a full expansion yet. Shadowlands development started early 2019 & Afrasiasbi wasn't fired until June 2020. Danuser still doesn't even have a director credit.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-19 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    No 9.3 I reckon? Haven't really been keeping up with news.
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...arcraft-radio/

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...lands-Season-4

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    How long have you been playing WoW? Not an attack just a question. I first experienced that with Cataclysm, which kinda sucked but I also had it with MoP, which was kinda awesome.
    I first started in TBC, but I quit midway through Wrath and didn't play Cataclysm, came back for MoP a few months after launch, and I've played solidly each expansion launch since. This is genuinely the first I've felt this way.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Obnoxious much? Of course the trailer would've been awesome regardless of who was in Sylvanas' place. It could've been Garrosh and it would've been just as good. Dragonflight on the other hand was aggressively uneventful.
    WoW Vanilla - My personal favorite cinematic.
    WoW TBC - Amazing. Badass showcasing the new races, dark portal and of course Illidan.
    WoW WOTLK - Probably my second favorite cinematic. Arthas 'nuff said.
    WoW Cataclysm - It was good It definitely hyped up with the world revamp and tsunamis/cataclysms eveywhere and Deathwing's narrator was badass.
    WoW MoP - Probably my second least favorite cinematic, but it still had a cool "hype" moment and we still got to see the new race in the trailer.
    WoW WoD - Super strong cinematic no matter what you thought of the expansion after. Everything was hyped.
    WoW Legion - Cool battles and lots of hype for the war against Azeroth's common enemy - The Legion.
    WoW BfA - Super cool portrayal of war and siege and the major Faction conflict which was at the center of the expansion. Makes me sad we still don't have an animated series like LoL has with Arcane.
    WoW Shadowlands - Super hyped battle on top of Icecrown Citadel with OG Sylvanas against an OG Lich King (Not Arthas). Super hyped moment with shattering the helm of domination in half and splitting the sky open to Shadowlands.

And then we have Dragonflight... A Golem goes to sleep then wakes up 10,000 years later.... spins a wheel and climbs up a tower because it malfunctions and then gets blasted from the top and gets saved by Alexstrasza with few other dragons flying around. I am sorry, but that wasn't hyped or interesting to me. It still looked visually cool, but nothing like their previous works. So I hope I explained myself enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Answer on why Dracthyr is only evoker:

Hazzikostas said. "Having a breath weapon, having wings, those are unique gifts that would inevitably influence the way you fight. Then we also started thinking about representations of the power of our dragonflights we've seen in Warcraft but also in other games like Heroes of the Storm's take on Alexstrasza or Chromie, for example. That started to feel like, 'No, this is a different class.'

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6502576/
    I mean it does make sense, it doesn't quite effect me since I'm going to warrior anyway, but I know the sodium levels have risen in one or two people who wanted more variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    My sides have finally recovered from this announcement.
    There should be a legal minimum of information you have to provide before you're allowed to call something a "Deep dive."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton