Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What a completely baseless assumption.

- - - Updated - - -

....so Yrel?
    Well, you got me. Just not Yrel. I don't really see a Light themed expansion happening yet. I keep thinking it'll be Ancient Kalimdor.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The encrypted wowdev CDN endpoint is now on 10.0!

9.2.5.43180 → 10.0.0.43342!

IT COMETH
    Time to re-fire the hype train engines already.

Has there been much speculation about the two halves of the sphere Stoney Tony pushes together in the cinematic to 'relight the beacon' for the Aspects return to the isle?

Shouldn't there still be multiple versions on the CDN? 9.2.5 doesn't seem done yet.... If that's all the content until 10.0 we're in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Shouldn't there still be multiple versions on the CDN? 9.2.5 doesn't seem done yet.... If that's all the content until 10.0 we're in trouble.
    All the currently public WoW products share the same CDN directory, 1.14, 2.5, 9.0.1, 9.0.2, 9.2.0, 9.2.5 and I might have even forgotten a few. They all share data inbetween them and 10.0 will likely be no different whenever it comes off of the encrypted CDN. There's no infighting or anything like that going on, they can perfectly well run a 9.2.5 PTR together with a 10.0 Alpha/Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    I just mean it would be the best thematic overlap. Getting any class, yeah, would be slim.

... remember when people expected 4 classes plus a bunch of class skins that are equally art intensive? I hope this reveal was a permanent tempering of expectations.
    Honestly, I dislike class skins for the opposite reasons—they're not enough effort to me. Aside from the art-intensity, they are otherwise very low-effort and a terrible compromise from a gameplay perspective. It's the worst of both words, I think. I am very glad we didn't get class skins.

As for Tinkers, they'd definitely fit well. Even with every expectation for both races and classes dashed (perhaps for the better in the long term) with the Funny Scalie People, it nevertheless seems that the theme is upheld that every class must be strongly and explicitly thematic, so I do think that a World Revamp is the only thing that would easily introduce them, since there's simply no other class to get from a revamp.

Admittedly, I also think a revamp would probably add two new races instead of a class—Ogres, for instance, for the Horde. I'm not sure what Alliance would get—couldn't be Ethereals unless they're going for a heavy "archaeology" or "looting" theme.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Has there been much speculation about the two halves of the sphere Stoney Tony pushes together in the cinematic to 'relight the beacon' for the Aspects return to the isle?
    What, like what it's made out of? Inexplicable golden power sources are pretty common in Titan technology in the game so I doubt it's made of some specific, super important substance rather than just being a toggleable power source for the island's defense system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not see he cdn thing happening so soon.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone say that like I'm theorizing: You can see the size comparison here. They're a good 25% larger than the larger playable races.
    Because perspective can make things seem taller then they actually are? They are likely the same height as Tauren.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because perspective can make things seem taller then they actually are? They are likely the same height as Tauren.
    They're probably a bit taller with their longer necks.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I've been calling Murozond a lot the past few days. Gonna disagree on Yrel though.

I see one of the following happening:

- Murozond opens up a portal to an undisclosed timeline. A villain from WoW's past who we haven't encountered, a villain from far off in the future, or an alternate character of well known hero(who is a villain in their timeline) hops through and later brings their army/forces through with them.

- The portal goes to pre-sundering Kalimdor (a nod to the start of the reveal cinematic which starts with the sundering), one of the following characters jumps through to fuck with shit:

Azshara - seeking the true throne of power as referenced in her last appearance. This throne of power being her original empire. We get an Ancient Kalimdor/War of the Ancients expansion with Azshara using what knowledge she has from our timeline, to usurp power from both the Old Gods and Sargeras. Azshara is rightfully and finally the focus of an expansion.

Xal'atath - Goes back to get revenge on the Old Gods who devoured her as well as usurp their armies. We get Black Empire styled expansion set on Ancient Kalimdor.

Wrathion - Becomes increasing despondent during Dragonflight, fears there is no saving the Black Dragonflight. Instead heads back to the War of the Ancients to try and stop the Old Gods from corrupting Deathwing. Believes this is the only way to bring salvation to the Black Dragonflight and prevent their near extinction and descent into madness.

- The portal Murozond opens up can't be closed. Lots of different timelines start to bleed into our timeline, including enemies, allies, locations etc. We get a weird timey-wimey expansion. A combination of ''What If?'' style scenarios and events, and different timelines. We could have a combination of the Troll/Aqir war, an evil Alliance timeline, Black Empire, the Horde never being formed etc.

Either way, Murozond is 100% setting up 11.0.
    I actually like this idea very much. I'd like to see a pre-sundering Kalimdor expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I just don't agree with the idea of a spellcaster being more strong in a certain appearance OTHER than something like the shamans turning into ascendants. Dracthyr isn't some superpowered type thing, they are a race that know a special magic.

I would buy it for a melee class needing to look a certain way, but a wizard is a wizard. Disguises are just disguises. Chromie hasn't needed to shift into her main form to do big wacky things in the past AFAIK.

Yes, they would need to turn into a dragon for the dragony combat things like fire breathing and wing buffet, but aside from that?
    I think the issue is once again not having standard dragon forms, and instead having more humanoid models which remind people of demon form.

The simple reality is that this is sort of like a mix of Druid and Demon Form, with it leaning way more towards Druid than DH (the dragon forms have emotes for example). I'm pretty sure you're going to be spending 99% of your combat time in dragon form, which is what people want. I can't imagine a situation where you're constantly switching in and out of forms. That would be very taxing on the system.

That makes me very very happy.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-22 at 08:10 PM.

Are you suggesting they suddenly started using fish-eye lenses in-game, to capture footage of the Drakthyrs animations? They're clearly larger (and wider) than Tauren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think the issue is once again not having standard dragon forms, and instead having more humanoid models which remind people of demon form.
    Wouldn't it be better to compare them to Worgen? Because that is essentially what they are. It is just an arbitrary thing that Blizzard decided to add "lore". Dracthyr is their normal form but they can shapeshift to add a "cool" factor to them. Other dragonkin can't shapeshift as far as we know though with Primalists rivaling aspects/flights in power they very well could.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you suggesting they suddenly started using fish-eye lenses in-game, to capture footage of the Drakthyrs animations? They're clearly larger (and wider) than Tauren.
    No. Camera angles can make things look taller or shorter based on perspective. It has nothing to do with different type of lens. The movie Elf used perspective tricks so they didn't have to cgi height differences between Buddy (normal human size) and the elves (children size). They aren't clearly anything because Blizzard didn't show them on screen with Tauren. Only playable races that are shorter then Tauren.

The mantis creature they showed appeared to be taller then the Dracthyr. This is like when you claimed they were more then double a Nightelf/Nightborne. You keep trying to push your own head canon as factual when we just don't know anything yet.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I don't think pre-sundering Kalimdor will be an expansion, but I think Zin'azshari may absolutely be the last PATCH for Dragonflight thanks to shenanigans of Murozond. My prediction is that Xalatath and Azshara are working together to corrupt Noz and make Murozond, and through him get a portal to the Sundering and rewrite time. Note that the second thing we see in the trailer is the Sundering... and BFA, which sets up DF, features Azshara and sunken Zin'azshari.

I'll write a post on this later but I think the endgame here is Xal + Azshara = Murozond = Zin'azshari. Probably will be why Yrel breaks in as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think pre-sundering Kalimdor will be an expansion, but I think Zin'azshari may absolutely be the last PATCH for Dragonflight thanks to shenanigans of Murozond. My prediction is that Xalatath and Azshara are working together to corrupt Noz and make Murozond, and through him get a portal to the Sundering and rewrite time. Note that the second thing we see in the trailer is the Sundering... and BFA, which sets up DF, features Azshara and sunken Zin'azshari.

I'll write a post on this later but I think the endgame here is Xal + Azshara = Murozond = Zin'azshari. Probably will be why Yrel breaks in as well.
    Sounds interesting even just based on this. I'm not sure about Yrel though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I actually think one of the possible zones we might see mid expansion is more of the elemental planes. If the giant magma dudes are the first threat, the Primal dragons probably follow and they are deeply linked to the elements. Could be an opportunity to see more of those places.

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. Blizzard is clearly setting up a elemental related lore so I doubt they would just pivot to Azshara out of the blue. Remember elementals were the original power on Azeroth and I don't think it is a coincidence that the main threat we know of is Dragons that have embraced that power. We might have a brief visit to something Azshara related like we did in Cataclysm but it doesn't really seem to fit what we currently know. Yrel is just completely unconnected.

No. Camera angles can make things look taller or shorter based on perspective. It has nothing to do with different type of lens. The movie Elf used perspective tricks so they didn't have to cgi height differences between Buddy (normal human size) and the elves (children size). They aren't clearly anything because Blizzard didn't show them on screen with Tauren. Only playable races that are shorter then Tauren.

The mantis creature they showed appeared to be taller then the Dracthyr. This is like when you claimed they were more then double a Nightelf/Nightborne. You keep trying to push your own head canon as factual when we just don't know anything yet.
    The Camera tricks you're describing, do in fact, use lenses with different foci: Almost all real world cameras have adjustable foci. Which the in-game camera for WoW does not do.

I guess you're not as good as judging depth, but that Dracthyr is at least twice as tall as the nightborne its attacking. Tail to tip. They literally show it being as tall as that crustacean naga miniboss

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I actually think one of the possible zones we might see mid expansion is more of the elemental planes. If the giant magma dudes are the first threat, the Primal dragons probably follow and they are deeply linked to the elements. Could be an opportunity to see more of those places.
    The primal dragons seem to be in the first raid itself, the blurb on the website mentions the Primal Incarnates.

Could still see the planes though, as these were imprisoned.